Kenyon College

« See more reviews of Kenyon College

Tables are probably indie kids, nerdy dorks, jocks, and fashionistas. One of my favorite things if not my favorite thing about my shcool is that you can look however you want and there will be a general consensus that that appearance is not all one is. You can dress like a teeny-bopper or a typical football player and it still be an easy possibility that you are brilliant. Everybody at Kenyon knows that. I love that about my school.

To be honest, Kenyon has fairly wealthy people, there is a lack of the Latino/a population, but that is the choice of the student if they chose to enroll. This campus is mainly open to new ideas and new people. There are numerous organizations that support you in any belief or preference. As well as to what you wear to class, people can roll up into class in their pajamas and other will not even care.

raciaL: i'm one of like three mexicans religious: there is a church on campus but I don't know one person who has bene to it socio-economic: upper-middle class; upper class out of place: minority from a lower socio-economic class different types of students do not interact tables are separated by one sport you play most kenyon student's are from the east coast. predominantly left

Racial groups are sparce on campus, as well as soci-economic groups. Financial aid should be awarded to far more students than it is, considering the price of Kenyon. Students are predominantly left, which gives the campus a liberal pull. Many students who come to Kenyon are intraverted, as we see on middle path as students walk past each other silently, and in their own little worlds.

you'd feel out of place if you don't understand what it is to have a personal connection with everyone in every part of your daily life. to me, it's not just the professors and classmates, but also the women who work at the market, the stray dogs who wander around, that guy at the post office window, and the shuttle driver.

Pretty white, people don't really go to church that much or it's not a big deal at school. Very liberal campus with a mixing of conservatives. Pretty wealthy, a lot of BMW's and Volvo's to be found on campus. Most students are from the Northeast, New York, New Jersey, and Boston are probably the most prevalent.

Friendly, if not sometimes a little pretentious, liberal thinkers, who are interested in current even and controversal topics. No particular religious affiliation although there is a notable percentage of Jewish students. Interest in sports and other campus activities varies among the students.

Most everyone gets along. There are a few assholes who get that rep on campus but they don't do any real harm and everyone is very accepting. Though if you are politically conservative it is not a bad idea to keep that to yourself.

Lack of racial diversity, but plenty of other diversity. Students wear anything from sweats to dresses to class. Liberal student body.

A female student tells us her favorite movie and class, as well as what she does when she has an hour to kill.