Kettering University Top Questions

Lance

I tell a lot of people about how much I love the small classes at Kettering. I have had a much easier time learning with the smaller class setting. This has given me the opportunity to go to my professors when I have questions and I don’t ever feel rushed. The professors have more time to work one-on-one with all of us, this really helps with the stress of the packed schedules when you know you can always go to your professors, usually without even making an appointment.

Frisco

Co-op employement in corporate america while in school.

I prefer to keep bragging to a minimum, but when comparisons do pop up, I typically point out that my co-op job is an actual engineering job at an actual engineering company, which pays actual entry-level wages; this stands in contrast to the food-service, minimum wage jobs held by most of my friends at other colleges.

Jared

One of the things I mention when "bragging" about Kettering to my friends is the highly beneficial co-op education program there. It allows students to learn relevant hands-on type skills at an actual jobsite, earning money to cover their college expenses in the process. It is one of the most beneficial attributes of Kettering that distinguishes it from other institutions.

Farahida

I graduated from college with more than 2 years of work experience, while most undergraduate students have only done 3 month internships.

Jonathon

Closeness to home - quality of education

I have a co-op job and I make good money and work at a Fortune 500 company.

Having most likely more experience than a counterpart at a similar school.

I work for Harley-Davidson.

Its a good place to go if you know what you want to do. It is very good at getting you into the workplace and getting you real world experience. The employers know that if/when you graduate from Kettering that you can handle pressure and stress and that you have some work experience to bring to the table, that can be really valued when applying for a job.

Mostly that it is a challege to attend this University and very hard to get excepted. Also the fact that I will have a 98{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} chance of having a job before I graduate.

Kaitlinn

I brag about having a co-op and taking major classes my freshman year. Most other colleges won't allow you to take your major classes or do an internship until your junior year. At Kettering, you jump right into it your freshman year! We have a school like no other. We go to school for 3 months and then we go to work for 3 months, like a rotation. We are one of the top ranking engineering schools in the country. And 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students that graduate from Kettering have a good paying job when they graduate.