Bristol, TN

King University

« See more reviews of King University

Visit several schools because sometimes your first choice isn't your best choice. Get involved in campus activities because that's how you make friends and learn about your school. Find out the activities that can be done around the city your campus is in...if there is alot of nightlife chances are the focus of the kids at that school will be drinking, if its has alot of outdoor activities, that will be the focus. Finding out about the town around the school is just as important as the school itself.

I would tell them to take their time. Vist the school more then once. The first time set up an apointment and on the second vist just show up. This will show you how well they can plan for their students. When you are on campus talk to the stundets there, not just the out going ones but they ones sitting by themsleves. Also, while you are on campus sit in on a class or two, it doesn't matter if you under stand what they are teaching just see how well they use group talk.

Take your time, remember you are most likely going to be paying the school to go there. Make sure it is what you are looking for. Do not just settle for anything. Make sure you take the campus tour at the schools your looking at. Really take the tour seriously look at every little thing. Also look at the surrounding area. Make sure there are thing to do and stores around. The tour is the most important part in deciding the school you are going to.

My advice to parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of their experience would be to find a college that has the most that it can offer it students for their money. Wiether they are competing in college athletics or they just want to focus on graduating and obtaining a degree. I think that they need to find whatever school can help them achieve that goal to get the most they can out of life.

I WOULD TELL MYSELF THAT COLLEGE ISNT THAT BAD, THAT I SHOULDNT BE AFRAID. I WOULD TELL MYSELF THAT I NEED TO BE INVOLVED IN THE INTRAMURALS THAT THEY HAVE AND THAT IT WOULD BE SMART TO LIVE ON CAMPUS. I WOULD ALSO TELL MYSELF THAT I NEED TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH MY HOMEWORK AND ASSIGNMENTS IN CLASS AND TO NOT SKIP CLASS CAUSE YOU WILL FALL BEHIND.

I would advise myself to apply for more scholarship, instead of now that my parents are in a financial crunch. I would have told myself to start my recruiting process sooner and take more college visits, so I could have chosen from more school options and would have had a better idea of what I wanted in a school and sports program.

Look at the stats on the specific type of degree compared to other schools. Look at all the finacial aid available. Look at crime rates in the area surrounding school and what extra curricular activities are available to the student.

I have gotten a better way to view things in life. No matter where I stand in the situation. Things can always turn around and you will always have a friend there with you to help you get through it.

Throw yourself in there, study hard, and attend every class. Also, study right after your class, and make sure you have enough time to prepare for tests.

Just make sure that is where you want to be. Once you are there you'll only have wasted time if you leave