Wilkes-Barre, PA
King's College-Wilkes-Barre

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend King's College-Wilkes-Barre

Michelle

Dear Michelle, You're extremely nervous about going to King's College in a few months, but don't be! You will have more fun than you were expecting. The most important thing you need to remember when making this transition is to keep an open-mind and everything will run smoothly! Be ready to give chances to people you wouldn't expect to befriend, because they're the most interesting ones! You'll slowly create a steady, solid group of friends. Bouncing around from groups of friends is normal, so don't let it stress you out. Here, having a best friend isn't a priority; everyone just wants to be friends with everyone else! Never forget your schoolwork. You'll slip up but just remember when it's social hour versus study hour. There will be conflict at home. Dad won't be reliable when paying tuition; however, don't lose sight of what's important. The minute you let Dad stress you out is the minute your grades will fall. Mom will become your best friend through all of this, but save your money to help her. Don't sweat college, it's easier than you think!

The best thing about my school is the size of it. It is extremely small, averaging 200 students per year level and is also almost a fifty percent commuter school. This enables the resident students to become very tight knit on the weekends and after class. By your third year at King's College, you'll say 'hello' to nearly half of the other students you walk past on your way to class. Everyone I have met is very open minded and willing to get to know other people. This excites me to get out of bed in the morning.

The most frustrating thing about my school, King's College, is the lack of safety surrounding the campus. In the 2012-2013 academic year alone over fifteen robberies and muggings took place on the outskirts of campus. In order to go to the gas station, the drug store, a coffee shop, or even a friend's house off campus you must either walk with a few friends or drive there. The most frustrating part, however, is that Campus Security does not respond quickly enough to calls concerning violent behavior for me to feel safe leaving campus.

Molly

In high school, I couldn't wait to graduate and move on to something bigger and better. I was desperate to find something more exciting. Now I know that college isn't actually that much different than highschool. The professors, at least at my school, aren't big, scary people that you never see outside of class. They are just as friendly and helpful as my highschool teachers. I also wish I knew that relationships with my high school friends would greatly change. Girls that I once considered to be my best friends, are people I talk to maybe once every 6 months now. But I did meet people at college that I will be friends with forever. I really love college, it just is very similar to my high school experience. College is great, it's not much different than high school, and sometimes I need to remind myself that you can't always be reaching for something that you think will be bigger and better.

I wish that I knew the on-campus apartment system was a lottery and that although everyone is guaranteed housing, you may end up being a junior living in the dorms with a meal-plan. I wasn't aware of this, as all upperclassmen that I know had received on-campus apartments the previous year. However, because of the lottery, my friends and I didn't and now I plan to live off-campus for next year.

The worst thing about my school is that it only has 1 fraternity and 1 sorority, so greek life is bascially non-existent. I wish that there were more greek like because I absolutely would have loved to join a sorority.

Katherine

There are so many things I would tell my high school self if I had the chance to go back. I am currently an undecided major and I am still not completely sure what I want to major in. One thing I would tell my high school self is to take some college courses at the local community college to try to expand my knowledge of my likes and dislikes. This would help save money to find what I like and also get some credits completed before I enrolled in college. Another thing I would tell my high school self is to work more during high school. If I got a job earlier in my high school career, I would have had more money saved up for book expenses and not as many loans taken out. It would have helped me in the long run. One last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy high school while it lasts because I miss all of my old teachers and class mates. College is more work but it is not that bad, just keep up the work! Those are some of the things I would tell my high school self.

I love this college. I love how friendly and inviting this school is. I like that it is a smaller campus because I feel safe and secure and it creates a sense of community in the school. I love the class sizes which are about 15-25 students per class. The professors are really helpful and they all care about the students. There are so many resources on campus to help with any needs and all the staff are just as helpful as the professors. I would not change my school for anything; I absolutely love it here.

My school is a place where you can easily access simple educational needs and be yourself with your friends and people around you.

There are many things I would advise myself about before attending college. One thing is that you never know what you have until your away from it. My home enviorment is something I miss everyday. Adjusting to college life is something that does not come easy. Not having your parents around you will take some getting used to. The work is also so much different than high school work. The fact that you need to study regardless if you have a test coming up soon is important. Keeping up with work and getting ahead on your studies is probably the best thing you can do. Anothing essentail part of transitioning into college is realizing that you have no limits. Going to bed on time is not going to be pounded into your head by your parents anymore. Getting into trouble is not hard; therefore, you need to be wise in your decision making. All in all, coming into college is not as crazy as you hear about or think it will be. Stay focused in your studies and your priorities and everything will be just fine.

Although this is not a big problem, I wish I had known that there was not much diversity in my school, as well as in including the community. Along with this, there is not a lot of freedom here. People and friends of the opposite sex are not allowed to be in my room past 12 in the morning, which gets annoying at times. Besides these little problems, there are no churches of my religous background. I went from going to church every Sunday to not even attending church at all while at school.

Victoria

There is a lot of advice I would give to my high school self. Senior year was stressful because I had no idea where I wanted to go. Therefore, the first piece of advice I would give to myself is to only apply to King’s College. It has Physician Assistant Program you want. Also, it is a Catholic school so you can express your faith freely. Secondly, make sure you complete FAFSA by February 15. You did not, and because of that, you missed out on receiving more federal and state grants. My last piece of advice is to apply to more private scholarships at your high school. Some of the scholarships they handed out at the Senior Award Ceremony were worth a thousand dollars or more.

The best thing about my school is the Physician Assistant Program because it is highly ranked in the country.

A person who does not like a small school should not attend this school. The class sizes are samll compared to big universities like Penn State and Virginia Tech.

Denise

I never made it to be a high school senior. I had a child at 17 and dropped out of school, later I went and got my GED. The advice I give to myself is simple, stay in school and graduate high school. Getting a GED is a lot harder than staying in school. You will miss out on great opportunities like joining clubs, graduating with all your friends, applying to good schools and dropping out will keep you in a lower income bracket. College life is a lot different from high school, it requires dedication and a lot of studying if you want to keep your GPA up. I am glad that I decided to go back for my bachelor's, it will open up doors for me that are currently closed.

The people in the administration offices are very very helpful. Especially the adult learning center which caters to returning students. Makes coming back to school effortless.

The class sizes are small, the professors are awesome, applying was easy and the campus is great.

I would tell myself to make sure that I concentrate on classes and do well on tests. Be prepared for life changes. College is a life changing event but a great one at that. Enjoy every day and what it offers.

Andrew

One of the best colleges for African American men. The Business department is great, students are nice and approachable. Parties are great, nobodies gets wasted or drunk and still has a great time. Easy to get a job and get into graduate school.

Now.. you may or may not know that Morehouse is located in Atlanta, Ga. Being a college student in Atlanta has its advantages and disadvantages.Some of the advantages are that their are always networking opportunities, jobs available, places to shop and eat and the housing is cheap. Actually, the only disadvantage that I can think of is that Atlanta can be a distraction. Morehouse guys remain ambitious and stay in tune with their goals, and resist the temptation that accompanies living in ATL.

If you aspire to be a Morehouse student you are already moving in the right direction. Even though it comes with a high price tage ($38,000+), I am confident that my education is second to NONE and It will pay off tend fold upon graduation. I'm just a rising sophmore, and I already feel as though I'll be well prepared for law school. If you're looking for a historic, small, competitive, high-ranking, and internationally respected institution to earn your degree.. Morehouse is the place for you. Continued Success!

Fun, friendly and hardworking students.

Fun, friendly and hardworking students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to begin researching the necessary classes needed to graduate with a degree in education. Many of the classes for the first two years of college were CORE and needed to be taken as prerequisites for a sucessful liberal arts education. However, there are so manyclasses to choose from that can meet these requirements, it is important to take something that interests you and that you can look forward to learning about.

The worst thing about King's College was living in the freshman dorms and having a midnight curfew.

Sissa

King's is mostly known for its community. Both faculty and students are very welcoming to new students.

I feel like King's is very community based. There are a lot of community service opportunities and we have blood drives every couple of months. I feel like our campus is a very good place to live because it is so friendly.

If I were to go back in time I'd tell myself to start managing my time a lot more wisely. I would also start to change my study habits because I never had the need to study since I would get straight A's on most of my tests. I would tell myself that I need to take my SATs sooner and take them more times so I could have a higher score than I did. It's also important to not give up and keep up with the work and studying for exams at least a week before and to not be afraid to look for help or ask questions.

King's College-Wilkes-Barre administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.