Wilkes-Barre, PA
King's College-Wilkes-Barre

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend King's College-Wilkes-Barre

Lynda

My college experience has given me an associate degree and a sense of accomplishment. Even though it's only a two-year degree, I feel like I have something on hand that will give me a jump start. I feel confident compared to when I did not have a degree. I learned many skills that are useful for helping others and I also made great friends. College made me realize that there are a lot of things I can accomplish if I want to.

Kelly

My classmates are passionate about their work, eager to help each other out, and driven to perform the best that they can.

King's College focuses service more than anything else. We are determined to give back to the local community that has welcomed the students and staff to its city. The faculty is dedicated whole heartedly to its students, and put in time beyond the class and required office hours to make sure students get the assistance they need. The school has a 99% career placement rate within six months of graduation. The family atmosphere makes King's a great place to continue one's education.

My college experience has given me an incredible amount of real world experience, as well as a great liberal arts foundation. I have spent numerous hours working in the college radio station, alongside our general manager who still works in the industry. She has been a wealth of knowledge, and provided me with so many great oportunities. I have attended press conference's and lectures, and traveled to New York City to talk with media professionals about my future in the field. As the news director for our station, I was able to develop a working staff, and produce over 80 stories in its inagural semester. This school has offered me countless opportunities to get involved, my favorite of which, deals with the incoming students. I have fallen in love with this school, and any chance I get to tell possible students about my experience, is a chance I never pass up. Choosing King's College has been the best decision of my life.

Francesca

King's College is one big family that is welcoming and accepting of all races, sexual orientation, ethnicities, socioeconomic status and gender.

King's College has been valuable to attend because I was able to find myself. Coming out of high school, I thought I knew who I was as a person. I wanted to be just like my father, a Philadelphia Police Officer. I was loud, tough and willing to fight anyone. My goal when I graduted high school was to go to college and eventually become an FBI agent, fighting crime and kicking ass. But, my career goals and dreams shifted as I made my own way through college and found out who I really was as a person. As a junior in college my dreams of becoming the law enforcer had shifted to the opposite end of the spectrum. I realized I wanted to make a difference, I wanted to help people. King's helped me crack my tough outer shell and I became more accepting of other types of individuals, from various walks of life. By the time I was a senior, I held two internships working with the Drug Treatment Courts as well as Catholic Social Services providing case management. King's College helped me find my voice and purpose. I am an Advocate for Social Justice.

The best thing about King's was that there was always someone around to help you no matter what the problem was. The faculty/staff for the most part were very helpful and stood in when students just needed someone to vent to. In my case, I lived at school which was 2 hours away from home, so it was difficult sometimes finding someone that I could trust with my personal business. But, I had amazing professors that were like parents away from home and they guided me through my college experience while I was away from home.

Coming into college I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. As an undeclaired student I took all core classes and felt my way around the other majors to see what I could really imagine myself doing. By my second semester I decided I wanted to take an environmental science class to see what it would be like. I fell in love. Never had I imagined that I would be so passionate abot school to not only take overloads of classes, but to go after internships after both my first and second year. Even though seventy percent of class is learning, note taking, and testing, the rest of the time is spent in hands on lab classes which help to widen my range of knowledge and experience. Honestly, I can say that I have gotten a true sence of devotion and excitement about my future career, and the "real world" no longer seems as intimiadting as most people claim it is. I know that with my education and will power I can get a job and do anything I want in the field.

The best thing about my school is my academic program. I am an environmental science major and I love that the program is small and that the students and staff are very friendly with each other. Through the program not have I only figured out what I want to do when I get out of college, but i have also have had many amazing internship opportunities due to the skills i have aquired.

If you are looking for a very involved and fun campus this is not the place for you. They tell you it is not a suitcase school but it really is this place is a ghost town on the weekends and the school never does anything to keep students around. Also, if you are environmentally friendly the school refuses to do lots of things you would do in a typical household like paper recycling or having recycle bins in the dorms.

Attending college gave me an opportunity to better myself and open doors to a successful future. While being in an abusive relationship I felt I would never be able to get out and support my children. I decided my children deserved a better life and the only way I would be able to provide a better life is to attend college and obtain a degree. I enrolled full time in 2005, obtained an Associates degree in Physics, and currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. With this degree I can not only support my children but I can make a difference around the world.

Donnielle

Through my college experience I have gained valuable education and hands on training that has prepared me for employment as well as self confidence and empowerment. I have been trained by professionals of my chosen trade that have equiped me with the necessary tools to do my job and conduct business professionally. It has been very valuable to attned college because it teaches me how to manage my time, be responsible and dependable. I feel really good about myself and my education. I know that when I enter the workforce, I will be a competitive candidate for employment and I have the knowledge how to stand out and land that job. I am confident that I will be successful in my chosen field due in part to my college experience as well as my self confidence and empowerment to make my future what I want it to be and not what others think it should be. I am very excited about my future and I know the value of my self and my education.

Jane

King's College is a fun, welcoming , and professional school that motivated students to further their education.

I have ecome a more well rounded person since I have attended King's College. The 'liberal arts' school that I am attending is paying off and benefitting myself along with the other students. I am greatful that there is a campus like King;s so lcose to my home. I feel proud to be a King's College student.

The worst thing about King's College is the amount of crime and arrests that take place near the main campus.

Kristin

I have yet to attend college. I will be starting this fall 2010. I am a mother of three, military wife and felt that it was time to finish my education. I want to show my three daughters that you can attend college even when it seems impossible. My husband is currently deployed so I'm going through this process by myself but it's worth it.

King’s has taught me to be a better person base upon the things I learned in the classroom in out of the classroom. I learned to be a good friend and I learned to be a good student. My experience at King’s so far has been such a positive one. I learned to never judge people based upon their appearance and accept them for who they are, the campus is so diverse that everyone seems to hang out. The professors care to know who you are on a personal level and take the time out of their busy schedule to help you. King’s is such a small campus, but I love the smallness of the school. I feel like the smallness of the school brought the students and professors together to become one community.

King’s is considered a “suite case” college, where most kids go home on the weekends. I wish I would have known this before I came, not like it would have affected my decision to come. Many either commute or they go home on the weekends because they live so close. It can get very dead on the weekends but King’s does a good job providing entertainment on the weekends.

The thing that I brag to my friends about is that my school has better programs than theirs. I’m in a five years master program for Physician Assistant. This program is typically a six year program; a four year bachelors degree followed by two more years to achieve a masters degree. So I brag about my accelerated program.

Thomas

I have received so far an excellent insight into anatomy and physiology current college. My career objective is to be a Physical Therapist. The college experience is much different from high school; the schedule of classes are much more flexible and I enjoy that. This fresh start in a new environment invigorates my sense of independence, I am actually now looking forward to finally moving out on my own and becoming independent in my life.

King's College-Wilkes-Barre administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.