Kirkwood Community College Top Questions

I chose to go to Kirkwood Community College because of the Associate of Applied Science degree, at 50 years of age, I did not feel I had the time to get a four year degree and make use of it. I am earning two degrees; one in Culinary Arts, and another in Restaurant Management, in a total of three years. This fulfills my goals of restarting my life in the late stage of mid-life. I had a concern about going back to college that stemmed from the thought that I would not have enough time left in my life to use these skills and grow with them. Would I have time to work my way up in an industry that is filled with so many great young minds? My research into Kirkwood said yes. Kirkwood has a new, state-of-the-art facility and has received Exemplary status with the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation. It is a great feeling to know my education is coming from a source that is ranked so high in this field. Kirkwood is setting me up to be successful in my future endeavors and leaving me enough time to make use of these degrees. Still being able to live a full life doing something I have been well trained in and enjoy so much.

Noel

As an older student, I've found that Kirkwood is a very welcoming school. The student population is very diverse and accepting. The instructors are friendly and accessible. The entire faculty and staff genuinely want to see you succeed and will go above and beyond to assist you in any way that they can.

indigo

It's a good place to get an AA or gen eds taken care of for a reasonable price. The classes and teachers have been good for the most part, but I have had a couple teachers that weren't the best. One thing this school is lacking is an organized and helpful administration. When I ask them a question, I get a different answer from everyone. I also have asked them for information about scholarships and no one seems to be able to point me in the right direction.