Roscommon, MI
Kirtland Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kirtland Community College

Tessa

It is a great campus with Many opportunities! It is also cheaper than other colleges! The teachers are always willing to take extra time out of their day to help any and all students understand better. It is sad that there is no sports or sororities or things like that, but there is still plenty of things to do on campus!

Morgan

I love the atmosphere on campus, it's so relaxed, yet everyone is working hard. If you're in a specific program, like nursing or criminal justice, Kirtland is a great place to get your degree. But for someone like me, just needing general ed's, it's hard to get the classes I need because the school is so small.

There's not a whole lot of student groups or activities. I would say that the work studies are more like the most popular groups. We do have a students activities counsel and a student senate that put on a lot of stuff. The theater is also popular.

Marissa

Kirtland, to me, is a very unique school; Not many other schools that I have gone to are like Kirtland. The teachers and professors go out of their way to make sure that each and every one of their students understands what they are learning, so it helps them with the other classes they will have to take to advance in their schooling. Every teacher is very clear about what they will teach and gives students plenty of opportunities to excell further in their schooling.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably tell myself to push myslef harder so that I can get better grades to be able to get more scholarships and awards. I also would tell myself that everything will be okay once I leave for college, that Kirtland is the best choice for me in starting out. I would insist that I will do great in transitioning into college life and that it will be better than I thought. I would talk to myself about trying new experiences before college and even during college.

Any person who is willing to dedicate themselves to learning should attend Kirtland Community College. In every class that I have, there is a huge diversity of ages. Many people are returning to school to be able to get a better job or to start their way into getting the degree right from high school. Kirtland students spend a lot of time in class and outside of class doing their homework to prepare themselves for their future job.

Katelynn

If I could go back in time and give myself advice I would tell myself to save every penny. Because when you do go to college you are going to need it. I would also tell myself to sign up for as many scolorships as you can because right now you may think you are going to only go to a communtity college but just wait you will want to transfer soon enough. Don't be worried everyine will love you. and don't sell yourself short. Don't listen to your parents and come to college anyway. you wil be able to do it even though you were homeschooled. And being homeschooled was a blessing because you learn in many differant ways and that really will help you in your futuer educational goals.

The lack of socal groups. We do have PHI THETA KAPPA and the student senete but other then these there is not a lot of things you can sign up for.

Randy

I like to think that my classmates are as eager to learn as I am.

I like to think that my classmates are as eager to learn as I am.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would remind myself that after I got out of the Marine Corps I needed to go to college. I see now at 31, I have put school off to long and by doing that I have to work twice as hard as it needed to be. I have to remember what I was taught 13 years ago. I do know that one of the things that I learned in the Marines was that if you work hard enough for something you will get it. The harder you work the more you will enjoy it when you get there. I have had to work very hard to get back to school. It takes allot of self discipline.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the Financial aid department, they are rude and don't remember what it was like to be in the students shoes.

KCC is a small college, which is great for someone like me who can get very anxious in big places. The teachers seem to care about the students and would like to see them succeed in whatever field they choose.

I would tell myself to be more trusting of new people because you will meet new friends if you open up. Go in with a good attitude and you'll find your day to be much easier. Check ahead to see what you'll be covering in class if you miss a day of school and always explain your situations to your teachers. They are more understanding than high school teachers.

The worst thing about KCC is the walking. I have to walk from building to building which wears me down.

Jeffrey

My classmates are hard-working people who need a flexible schedule.

My classmates are hard-working people who need a flexible schedule.

If I were able to go back in time and give myself advice about making the transition to college life, I would tell myself to make college a priority. I would also tell myself that I need to stay in school, no matter how discouraged I may get or how much money I make at my job. Jobs come and go, but no one can take away my education. This is what I would tell myself if I were able to go back in time and chat with myself high school senior self.

The kind of person who should attend Kirtland is a working person who is dedicated to furthering his or her education. Kirtland offers a flexible schedule thta caters to the working person.

Ross

It is a very comfortable learning environment and the smaller college makes it more one on one and easier to learn.

Most of my class mates come to class enthusiatic and ready to learn, making this an ideal environment for all of us to concentrate as it is fun. I also like how since most students want to be there there is not a constant nag to work or pay attention or to interact with each other.

I would give myself these words of advice. I would say that you can be yourself and do exactly what you are doing and keep doing it. Keep working hard striving for your best and always looking to the positive side of things. This helped me a lot my senior year and has also helped me during my freshman year of college so far.

Kirtland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.