Malta, IL
Kishwaukee College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kishwaukee College

Devin

I think Kishwaukee college is a great college for people to attend if they are just looking to start out their education, or if they are trying to get a trade job. I'm tryito achieve my associates in science and eventually my nursing license. I will attend another college to obtain other degrees, but if you are looking for a more affordable education Kishwaukee is your best bet! The library and other staff want you to succeed and they are always willing to help. My only complaints about Kish is that there really isn't a lot of interesting things to do outside of class. they have boys/girls basketball teams volleyball and baseball and softball, but there really isn't that many groups or clubs to join. overall the school is clean, and professors are mostly fantastic. (I've had one or two bad ones) but most are great.

Danielle

Kishwaukee College is a great placed for someone who is not sure what they want to do with their lives or would like to stay close to home. My choice to go to Kishwaukee College was because I wanted to stay close to home while still getting an education. This college has many different career options for somebody which is great.

Victoria

Kishwaukee College has a great environment for people to talk to each other and professors. Their physical building is also being renovated a lot to improve the comfort of the students here. As far as the professors I've met and gotten a chance to talk to, all of them will email you back even on weekends and some will often schedule off campus meet-ups for review days. There's always something happening on campus grounds and we're always active in helping out around the community or even the nation whether it is in regards to a natural disaster somewhere else or a local fundraiser.

Viridiana

At first, I didn't really want to attend Kishwaukee, not because I didn't like the school but because I wanted to go away for college. I then decided that I would attend Kishwaukee, and it was the best decision I have made. I have really enjoyed Kishwaukee. Everyone is very kind and all of my professors so far are very flexible.

Kelly

Kishwaukee community college is an excellent school. I love the atmosphere and the people. The staff & class sizes are perfect. The instructors are very knowledgeable and easy to contact through school email. The food and transportation are amazing and very accommodating. I love the MyKc Application. It helps you keep track of everything from grades to events being held at the school. The MyKc application allows you to register for classes on your own and even allows you to drop & changes classes. It keeps track of your financial aid and shows which scholarships are available. The campus is a very safe environment with Dekalb county sheriffs that patrol the grounds. I would highly recommend Kishwaukee Community college to anyone looking to attend a Community college.

Lily

Kishwaukee College has been a genuinely superb way for me to begin my college experience. Instructors genuinely care and are always at your disposal when you require the extra assistance and they are always doing their part to see you succeed. Nobody here is apathetic toward education, rather everybody is actively involved in and engaged in their learning experience and that of others. The faculty are focused on getting you a quality education for an affordable price. Kishwaukee is a place to challenge yourself, to experience college, and to enjoy learning. Kishwaukee has put a college education within my grasp, which I am forever grateful for.

Michelle

First going here, I wasn't all too excited. I wanted a real college experience, and was only planning on going to Kish for one year so I could transfer quickly to NIU for visual communications, wanting to get my career in graphic design and web design. I choose that uni because it's close by and relatively cheap. Well, one year turned into two, and now I'm about to do my 4th semester here, and staying for a 5th! Kish really helped me out, it's given me some time to really think about what I want to do (yes, still graphic design), but not only that, it's given me a chance to think over my school choice. After finding out that the graphic design program isn't really all that up to date (getting my information from a graphic designer btw) Kish has given me time. Also, I'm staying an extra semester to be able to study abroad cheaply! Academics wise, I would say that Kish is really easy stuff most of the time. There's a mixture of good and bad teachers, as always, but it's a nice little school with some good opportunities.

I would say a lot of blue collar families, some confused kids who don't know where to go, and older adults getting back into the education scene.

I have no idea, because I'm not actively involved in clubs other than the dying art club here.

Somewhat diverse. Mostly black people, white people, and hispanic. When you go to the super full common areas (lunch room, student lounge) it's pretty loud and exciting, but for the most part students seem to keep to themselves, wearing their headphones all the time. That's one bummer, but in the more laid back classes it's easy to meet people.

Academics are really easy here for the most part. But that's me, a high school graduate who's made high honor roll multiple times and has taken advanced classes. Especially the core classes, and every subject depends on the teacher. There are some tough teachers here, so rate my professor is a godsend.

Nicolette

I would go back and tell my High School Senior self to take a year off of everything. Take a year off of school and work. Use that year as your learning year, figure out what you want to do, and how you want to do it. But once that year is over, get down to business and start applying for colleges, even if it's a community college. Everyone has to start somewhere. Plus, if I had gone back to school when I was 19, I wouldn't be attending school now. Instead, I could be working at a full time job, or possibly three part time jobs, depending of course on the economy.

I brag that I am able to take online courses, which allows me to schedule when I 'go to class'.

The most frustrating thing about my school is all of the red tape involved in actually trying to sign up for classes. Different conselors will tell you completely different answers, and then come to find out everyone was wrong and now you have to re-do a bunch of paperwork.

Meg

Do not be afraid of what you could become. You need to just accept everything for what it is and do not get hung up in the past. You need to get out there, make something of yourself, and make new friends. Do not be afraid of people, because not everyone is out to hurt you, or manipulate you, or use you. Things will be rough, but stick through it. Focus on something you enjoy doing, and think about how you can use that towards your future. If you get frustrated, and not know what to do, remember, that is okay. Just learn to breathe, and realize that you have a whole life time to figure out what will make you happy in the future. Remember to just focus on what makes you happy now.

Some of the professors seemed like they only cared about making money.

Aubrey

High School senoirs want nothing more than to leave the hosue and get out on your own. That's exactly how I was and I planned on not only leaving my house, but the state as well. The summer before college started, I realized that I couldn't afford to go to a big University. I would go back and tell myself that it's important to apply for as many scholarships as possible and that saving money is so important. I would also say that as cool as it sounds to leave your house and get the full college experience, that it's more imortant to think about your future and what will be the best for you in the long run.

I don't beleive that there's any type of person who shouldn't attend. College is for anyone and everyone who wants to further thier education and is determined.

I brag to my friends about all the updates my school has done for us. Such as the brand new health wing and the cafeteria. They make sure that we have up to date buildings that have great resources.

Kishwaukee College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.