Klamath Falls, OR
Klamath Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Klamath Community College

Erica

The first time I stepped into the Community College, I immediately noticed the different people. They were different from their races, to their heights and weights, to their ages. I noticed that here, there are more 'elderly' men and women. My generation is definately the minority. This term however, I noticed that there were a few more younger students attending.

College isn't simple. In fact it is very complex. There are so many processes one must go through to become a freshman. I know that as a first generation college student, I found it difficult to follow the steps. So many things yet so little time. I'm only in my second term of college now, but I am able to get to where I need to be in order to pick those oh so important classes. If I could only go back one year ago, I could help myself out more. I could give some advice that would make all the difference. To begin with, I would mention money. Saving up is key. It is hard to pay for money right out of the pocket. Saving a specific amount from a paycheck or putting change in a jar is a great way to start. Next, I would say to manage the time. There are many deadlines and keeping track of them is helpful and very important. Finally, I would say to make friends. Knowing someone in each class is great, especially when you need that study buddy. These tips would have been great to know before college.

The type of person who should attend a Community College is everyone! A Community College like mine is great for new students because it is cheaper then most universities and can help ease them into a strict environment. It is also great for the working adult who is unhappy with their current employment. They can go here to get farther in their career, or to work on getting that degree to switch occupations entirely.

Veronica

I would tell myself that going to college to better yourself and to help you get on the path to a great career and a awesome future, go to college as soon as you can. They will help you with the problems that come up, such as money. Or maybe you don't think your smart enough to go to college, but they have something to help you with that to. They are there to help you and you can do it. Don't let the "what if" questions get you down. College is much easier to do that high school, you will have fun and learn the things you want to learn. I would have to say to myself that life is so much better once you get into college, you feel like your doing something with yourself.

Going to school is pretty fun until you have to wait forever to get your financial aid, and then in your class you need books. But you don't have money for your books because yet again your financial aid hasn't come in yet. So your stuck trying to figure out how to get your homework done without books.

Klamath Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.