Knox College Top Questions

I wish I would have known about the lifestyle here. As a Bible-believing Christian, it is difficult to remain strong in any faith. It is possible, but takes more than I thought it would. There is some drinking, and as an athlete, it is even more prevelent. Mostly athletes are the only ones that drink and do drugs on campus. Since I live with them and work with them, the pressure is high.

Bekah

I wish someone would have told me that it is okay to be nervous your first year. Everything is new and exciting but also can be overwhelming. It is okay to question yourself and the college you chose. You will go through some up's and down's and it is okay to feel confused sometimes. I wish someone would have told me it is okay to miss home and that it takes a while to feel 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} comfortable.

I personally wish I knew more about computer science (the programming aspect of it) before coming here. I decided early in my freshman year that I would minor in computer science as a sort of back-up plan should my major fail to bring any jobs my way. While it is possible to first learn computer science here at Knox, I found it a difficult task with my English-oriented mind. Luckily, it is very easy to get in touch with the professors here. Plus, there are plenty of tutoring options for when a professor cannot be reached.

I wish I had taken more advantage of the various clubs relating to my major.

I wish I had know that alcohol was not something I had to drink to fit in, and that everyone is prepared to take care of you if you just ask.

Zack

Spanish

I wish I had known how very little respect is given to any religious groups.

no film program, very small town, few off-campus activities,

I wish I would have known how to study well. to do all the readings, homework, come prepared for class, study for tests and always ALWAYS go to class. Also, that even though you are just starting and getting your bearings, your first term DOES matter! Take classes you like and put yourself into doing them right! Also, I know the miles and miles of cornfields seem aweful, but over time, you'll find they're really not that bad, and in the end, you're only here for 4 years.

I wish I would have known what major/minor combination I would eventually choose so I could have began focusing on those classes earlier.

That tenured professors don't always teach, and they really have the potential to screw you up; that meal plans were unflexible; that I would be totally fleeced out of a work-study program for a year; just how ridiculously liberal the average student at school is...or perhaps just how vocal that constituency is.

I knew everything I needed to know before I came.

Karin

Not to be so worried! I was so nervous about not belonging-- everyone can find at least one friend on this campus.