Kutztown University of Pennsylvania Top Questions

Candace

I would have to say the statistics Public Safety provides within the Clery Report is most frustrating to myself. While I have attended only for one year entering in as a transfer student, I have done enough research on my campus in regard to this issue. The Clery act requires certain crimes on campus to be reported for the safety of students. Specifically, sexual assault crimes, however the numbers shown are very low compared to what is average for U.S. college campuses. Possibly, Kutztown may be trying to protect their reptutation, but at who's expense?

Walking from one end of campus to another when it was snowing.

I am frustrated by non-faculty staff usually redirecting my questions to other departments instead of handling my questions or problems themselves. It is frustrating to need to go from one department to the other to find answers to questions or to complete payments/applications/forms/etc.

Therer was nothin really frustrating about my first year at KU, but that may be due to my personality. But ive heard the parking can be frustrating. I mean the dorm can be good or bad depending on which one you move into, but overall its pretty chill at KU.

Tanya

I believe the most frustrating thing about my school is the variety of food, i feel like a more variety should be offered for the meal plans especially when we eat the food all week when you live on campus.

The parking. I got several tickets until they told me I had the parking sticker on the wrong side of my windshield.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the aid. The primary reason I came to Kutztown was because they promised alot of financial aid then when I got here I had to scramble for money.

I think some of the professors who have tenure at my school, really are only in it for the money and sometimes do not care about how well a student does in their class. Even some professors who don't have tenure act that way too and I consider it very unprofessional. I know other schools deal with this as well.

The campus is very large and in the winter it can be a pain to walk so far to classes.

Jeff

public safety

The most frustrating thing about school is managing your time well enough to get all of your work done and have sufficient free time. It can be a real hassle managing extra curriculars, classes and work.

The parking situation. It is ridiculous. Public Safety gives out parking tickets like candy on Halloween. The freshman have to park half a mile away from their dorms, and the commuters barely have any parking spaces. There are about 10 times the amount of students here than there are staff, yet staff gets more parking, and closer parking as well.

There is alot of run around with the administration, and certain departments are not helpful and can seem like power nazi's, but nothing is done to stop them.

I personally dislike the strong uses of alcohol and drugs I hear about on and off campus. Many students say that they come to Kutztown University to just party and have fun, and that bothers me greatly. It's a shame education would be wasted like that, if my opinion was asked.

They are really strict with the on campus houseing. It feels like you are 15 not 19 year olds. They have more rules about visitaion and overnight vistitors than most students have at home.

I feel that the most frustrating thing at my school is the lack of parking.

The financial aid and getting overwhelmed with work.