Kutztown University of Pennsylvania Top Questions

Kate

Before I attended the university, I wish I would have had the foresight to better outline my long-term goals. Later in my college career I became more involved with on and off-campus activities, including volunteer opportunities, honor societies, and extra curricular clubs. I would have gained more applicable job and personal experience had I gotten involved earlier in my college career. Additionally, I would have benefited greatly from taking more technology-based courses as opposed to predominantly creative courses, as the skills gained are more applicable to the current job market.

Keri

I wished I knew Freshmen dorms didn't have air conditioners. This doesn't sway my opinion of Kutztown, but it's would have been nice to know where are the cool spots on campus.

Erin

How bad the criminal justice program was. How much online work they force you to do in all of the classes. How little the teachers will help you with the classes.

I wish I would have known how to deal with my roommate. We got along fairly well for the majority of the year, but she became grouchy and intolerable near the end.

Gladys

Before I came to school I wish I had known my level of knowledge in courses and tasks were minimal to what they should have been.

Taryn

I arrived at Kutztown as a transfer student, and although I researched thoroughly I was still surprised by what I found here. Many of the new dorms, for example, are expensive and there are more apartments available around town than students can fill at times. The library is one of the best I have ever seen, and if you have musical talent you are welcome to perform every Thursday at the Bear's Den cafe on campus. There is so much to do and see so be sure to ask people if you are missing out on something!

Dale

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known what an amazing place it would be to study and discover my own personal skills, as it would have made my decision of which school to attend all the more easy and exciting. At Kutztown University, I discovered an enviroment where I am comfortable, and a place where my peers and mentors want me to succeed, and help me to as well; at Kutztown, my skills are being put to their full potential, and I am discovering more about myself than I thought existed.

Laura

I wish that they would have told us that sometimes it gets really cold and that some professors are hard to understand. Sometimes the teachers do not care if you can understand them.

Kimberly

I wish I had been more aware of scholarship opportunities. I am an excellent student with a 4.0 GPA, but I was not offered any scholarships.

Corey

college class were easy!

Kemly

More about my major. The oppurtunities that the school has for students who cant afford books.

I wish I had known it was a mistake to room with my bestfriend from highschool, in a dorm Freshman year. Dorming together tore us apart because we argued over the living arrangments and it prevented me from meeting new people when I first started college. I also wish I knew about the positive impacts involved through participation in extracurricular activities or joining a club. It gives students a sense of achievement and the opportunity to network with other students interested in the same things as you.

Devon

Thinking about how much I learned during my first semester at this school, i realized that there isn't anything that I wish I had known. I had an exciting time finding my way to my classes and meeting new people; getting accostumed to the atmosphere and learning all of the new things that come along with being a college freshmen is what made it exciting. I enjoyed learning everything as my year progressed.

Mary

Well I am transferring to Kutztown for the Spring 2010. I wish that I hadn't written off majoring in music while I was in high school. It took me a semester of Gen Ed.'s and a lot of struggling that music is what I should be doing.

Ryan

I wish I had known how this school deals with financial aid and needs certain things paid for up front/out of pocket.

It takes twenty minutes to get to the two nearest cities. Although it has the basics (bank, grocery store, drugstore, etc.) nearby, you must plan your other shopping trips out of town. This becomes difficult for those who do not have their own transportation. Other than that, the school is great.

Nancy

More friends who went to Kutztown, I transferred in this semester.

Katie

I wish I would have know that I would be happier at Kutztown University than I was at my previous University, Kent State.

Lindsy

How rude a lot of the professors are, and also how the school doesn't care about the students needs. They are also very slow when is comes to the administratios offic.

Jean

The university chooses your schedule when you enter as a freshman; however, you do not have to keep it that way. There a drop/add option that you can use if a class or teacher is too difficult for you or if it does not count towards your major. If you have any questions, never be afraid to ask.

nicholas

I wish I had known to be more myself and not so shy. Being shy made my first year of school really hard on me. I have since grown more out of my "shell" and enjoy my time here way more than before.

Monica

I wish I would have known how difficult it was going to play a varsity sport at a Division2 school and still try to maintian a good gpa. Since I quit my varisty sport I have had more time to study and it led me to raise my gpa 2.5 quality points!

*The lack of responsibility the administration in general feels to the students and their wishes. * The exclusivity of the art department; Kutztown is well-known for its art program, but it is almost impossible to transfer into it and it is impossible to take any art courses without being an art major. (I originally was going to be an art major, was accepted, and then decided to persue something with more job opportunities. I can't even take a minor in photography or graphics.) *How impossible it is to survive here without a car (any activities are a drive away).

Mitchell

I wish I could have been better at time management.

Christopher

I wish i had known the setup of class scheduling and how difficult it is to schedule some classes as they fall at the same time. I would have taken some over the summer from the beginning and adjusted my first semester schedule.

Alyse

Their future plans as far as changing things...a lot of new buildings and changes have been made in just the 2.5 years that I've attended.

Heather

I wish I would have know more about the different activities offered here at Kutztown, so that I could have gotten involved with them sooner in my college career.

Hailey

That a lot of students drink off campus and that almost everyone goes home on weekends unless they have a group of friends that stay up on weekends

Donovan

I wish I would have known that I would enjoy my major so much. If I had known that, I would have taken more classes in my past year for fun.

Danielle

I wish I had known how difficult the psychology program is and the work it takes to graduate with a psychology degree from this university.

Andrew

Nothing, I knew all there was and it was what I expected

Michelle

Being a state school, I didn't expect the science program to be as challenging as it is. I was shocked when first transitioning, but it was easy to recover.

Ian

What major I truly wanted to take part in, so that I'd be graduating with my friends/

Jamie

social life, location and success rate of graduates.

Krystal

Know more about myself, and be able to open up to others.

Heather

I wish I would have known a litltle bit more about the types of classes and suck I would be taking. But overall the school provided me with the information I wanted to know.

darrell

nothing really , i knew all i needed to know before i got here .

Meaghan

The weather.

Toni

I wish I had been better prepared to come to college. By this i mean i wish my study skills were better beacuse without decent study skills you do poorly. My high school hadnt prepared me for it but after my first year i have adapted and gotten to know the best ways for me to study.

I wish I had known that I had to put in several hours of study each week in order to pass my classes. In my high school, the most study time I had each week was one hour or no hours.