Kutztown University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

Colleen

During an instant decision meeting with the current dean of admissions at the time, he mentioned over and over again about how highly recommended their psych program was. It ended up being terrible. And entire semester was spent discussing items you could use to get high. During the tour they wouldn’t let us test the Cafeteria. It ended up being not good food except for the bottom part of south and maybe one good meal a week if you were lucky for the top part other than that the food constantly would make your stomach hurt. I ended up transferring out because the psych program at KU made me not love it anymore.

Nyiah

Kutztown is a diverse campus that offers a quality education. There is plenty of food options and much to do around campus. There is always something to do. People are very friendly and professors are always willing to help.

Janine

Kutztown University is almost the best of both worlds. It is immediately surrounded by shops, restaurants, bars, and grocery stores. A little further down Main Street and you are suddenly surrounded by fields and farms. This gives it a good mix of busy and calm. The university is halfway between the two cities of Reading and Allentown. Both are around a 30 minute drive and there is easy access to the road that leads to both. There is plenty of housing options both on and off campus with reasonable cost compared to other universities in Pennsylvania. The dorms are a 10 to 15 minute walk to the academic buildings, which includes a street crossing. There is two crosswalks to cross the street. One has a crossing guard from morning until late afternoon and the other has a stop light. Parking is a bit of an issue at Kutztown. Freshman students living on campus are allowed to bring their cars, however they have to be parked on the other side of campus, which creates a 20 minute walk back to the dorms. The parking lots for commuters fill up fast, so it can take extra time to drive around looking for a spot to park or driving to a different parking lot. Safety is very rarely an issue and there is emergency buttons across campus that you can press if you are in danger. There is also an option to call a security escort if you feel unsafe walking through campus at night. The food at Kutztown is similar to other universities in Pennsylvania. It is good, but nothing too fancy. There is always some type of fun event happening. There is a wide variety of clubs and organizations that you can join. Anything you are interested in, there is probably a club for that. There is always clubs and organizations handing out free stuff for students. Overall, Kutztown University is a good school. It is less expensive than many of the other schools in Pennsylvania, but still provides a quality education. The benefits of attending Kutztown outweigh its flaws.

Kevin

I enjoy the well-kept and clean environment. The dorms have everything I need. The food is great too! They offer three dining areas, as well as a Chic-fil-A and Starbucks. What I really like too are the resources they have. They have a program called Center of Academic Success and Achievement (CASA) which helps students do just what the title says. There also the Writing Center, where students get one-on-one help on any writing assignment they have. There's many more, from developing leadership, building careers, and more.

Adrienne

Kutztown University has great academic programs, and the professors are very helpful. On-campus housing is pretty expensive, and the food isn't too great, but the campus is beautiful. Main Street has lots of small shops and restaurants, but any major stores are in the neighboring towns. The social scene is a bit weird and you'll likely have to get involved on campus in order to make friends. It's not a perfect school, but it is pretty nice.

Madeline

Kutztown University is the right place for me. All of my professors are great and I can tell I am getting the education that I need to be successful in my chosen career. People care about how you are doing and do the best they can to direct you towards making the best decisions for your future. My only complaint is the lack of selection when choosing housing and meal plans as a freshman but many more options become available after your first year. The food selection is great and is good quality and is always available. The traditional dorms are average size but are very well kept and managed. Overall Kutztown is a great school that has many opportunities for every type of student.

Jada

Kutztown University is full of amazing people. Professors are always ready to help and really care about the students. In addition, there are so many opportunities for students to join clubs and meet new people. I myself have met some of my best friends through one of the dance groups on campus. Kutztown also has a beautiful campus that supplies everything you would need. While the university can work on making certain facilities cleaner, I still am very happy that I have chosen to further my education at this incredible university.

Cassidy

I love kutztown university, it wasn't my first choice so I was nervous when I decided to come here but i am so happy to be here. I'm the short time that I've been here I've made so many friends and had so much fun. The classes are challenging and the teachers are usually great. The campus is stunning and the facilities are very nice, though the older dorms aren't that great. The food is very good and there are a wide variety of choices.

Alexis

Kutztown University is an institution of wonderful staff who to us many of us call our professors but, this lovely place lacks greatly in diversity. Weather you are of African, Latino or Asian decent your culture is not heavly represented. This institution is predominately of European decent which most of there programs are geared towards them both academically and extra curricular actives. Our campus does provide a multicultural center to help break this barrier but when activities are being help there to involve minorities the word isn't spread greatly enough, leaving many of us in big question when will we also be incorporated into school actives as well. For example there aren't many National Pan Hellenic Organizations or Multicultural Greek Organizations, which many of us would loved to be apart of but that isn't offered at our university or is it even given an chance to be made an opportunity there. People of the oppisite race have many different organizations in this area they are also given very big events which are all posted everywhere and everyone is informed of. There are many other things I could on about the university but that is just one out of the few.

This university is great. The teachers are very friendly and willing to help you out as much as possible, but if they are not available, there are many other ways to get extra help, such as tutors and SI sessions. The only downfall of Kutztown in their meal plan, which only covers the two all-you-can-eat buffets which do not have the best food.

I am extremely happy with Kutztown University! I have made so many amazing friends that I know I will have in my life forever. They all are so caring, accepting, and driven. I am involved in a sorority on campus and I absolutely love it! At Kutztown University, we have a strict no hazing policy because our main focus is to build each other up and not tear them down, which I think is fantastic. Also, the professors for the most part are great! They really make sure you understand the material and if you are still confused, you can visit them during their office hours! Last, the university offers so many helpful things on campus such as tutoring services, relaxation days where we can play with dogs, and plenty of events such as sporting events, concerts, and movie nights. All in all, I am extremely happy here at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania!

Grace

Going to Kutztown University has really affected my life. I play for their amazing field hockey team as the freshman goal keeper and being part of the team has made the transition from high school to college very smooth. I am extremely happy with my choice to go to Kutztown.

Zachary

I'll be the first to admit that Kutztown University has several problems that can make liking it difficult. On campus food and traditional halls are equally atrocious to live in, which is why most students either live off campus or go home on the weekends. That makes it difficult for there to be a real community behind the campus, and instead almost all community there is comes from the extracurriculars you choose to get involved with. If you decide you want to go to Kutztown, join some clubs if you want to get a sense of camaraderie outside of the classroom because the campus itself has trouble providing that. With all that being said, I should say now that my home is situated between three college towns; Susquehanna University, Bucknell University, and Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. I have been to each university on different occasions for different things, and I can honestly say that I like Kutztown better than those other three. I like Kutztown better simply because Kutztown's academics and atmosphere are top notch while being provided at a lower cost. Kutztown has classes that are challenging and fulfilling, with professors who are almost always available and very helpful. Coupled with a great tutoring program to help struggling students keep on the right path. And if you're more concerned about going to a party school, Kutztown has you covered. It has a surprisingly lively nightlife in town and there's always a party somewhere (especially on the weekends). Ultimately, I won't say Kutztown's a perfect school, because quite frankly it's not. It has some serious issues that can't just be ignored. That being said, I've not seen a college yet that is worth the price of admission as much as this one is. Kutztown is a school that I firmly believe is one of the best in the state as far as returns on investment are concerned. I've said this to family or friends who've questioned my choice to come here and this is what I say to them in return; "Kutztown is where you go for a private education at a public price."

Owen

I enjoyed the campus and the overall feel of everything.

McKenna

Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a beautiful school to learn and grow as both a student and as a human. I continuously find myself engaging in new opportunities that I have never had the chance to have before Kutztown. My wonderful school constantly is engaging with its students and supplying us with everything we need in order to succeed. With helpful and dedicated teachers who are open to help with anything they can, class becomes more enjoyable. Between homecoming festivities, pet therapy days, taste of the world at South Dining Hall, and many more has made my freshman year of college so enjoyable. I am happy to say that I am a Kutztown University Golden Bear, and I would yell it from the rooftops.

Haley

Kutztown University very much reminds me of the high school I went to. There is a small, tight-knit community feeling here and it is something I admire about the university. I don't feel out of place here at KU and the class sizes make it easy for professors to get to know students. I have the opportunity to get to know my professors and fellow classmates which makes me feel at home.

Alexandra

The campus is nice is you like a small rural town. Don't expect sporting events to be fun, they feel more boring then my high school sporting events. Also there isn't really much to do. Most of the professors are helpful and want you to do well. The food on campus is good it just gets boring sometimes.

I'm in my sophomore year 2nd semester. I'm a special education with visual impairment, the college of education here at Kutztown is absolutely amazing! The professors are always helpful and they want you to succeed. I love the coursework and the atmosphere of the classrooms and the campus itself.

Cheyenne

I love Kutztown University. I graduated in 3 years, and am still very close to all of the friends that I made there. I have been able to keep in touch with professors for resources in my current job search. It is a small town, but it also is very homey. If you are not into the "big school" feel, Kutztown is perfect. An amazing arts and music program, large psychology program, and special program for education for the visually impaired.

Ingrid

Kutztown University is a very accepting and beautiful campus, and the diversity and friendly staff makes me feel very comfortable and at home. My professors are all extremely helpful and knowledgeable, so I am certain I can succeed in my classes. Every day I am more than grateful for being able to attend this university.

Li Ling

Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a great school to attend. All of the professors are so kind and want the best for the students so they are always willing to answer any questions or concerns one may have. The quality of food on campus is pretty good and there is always a variety of options to choose from. The facilities are all maintained with the uttermost care and everyone who works at the school is very nice. The campus overall is gorgeous. There are some things that could be updated, but the great qualities of the school outweigh the bad. Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a wonderful school for anyone to attend or visit campus.

cody

It is a smaller well connected school. I can not wait to attend in the fall.

I am a golden bear all the way !! i recived my bachlors in social work at Kutztown with a minor in sociology and i enjoyed every mintue of it . The professors are very invested in there students! when looking at collleges to get my masters i looked at six different colleges and Kutztown offered the best curriculum .

Emma

My brother went to KU and he absolutely loved it. I was always there with him and now that I am looking at colleges I have decided to take a look into there as well. I recently went on a tour and fell in love with it all over again, I was given factual and genuine information that I will use to compare to others in the process. I want to become an Elementary Ed teacher and KU is one of the top schools in the country for this program. They are well known for it and it even started out as a teaching school when it first opened. I am very impressed.

Katelyn

The campus is gorgeous and it's a great school for academics. All one needs is the motivation to do well and this school is a great choice. There are plenty of activities to be apart of, clubs to join, and hangout spots to be with friends. It is a safe university and it is full of long lasting memories.

jessline

My overall opinion of the campus was amazing , the people there where well spoken and well detail i know i am very well applying there. I'm well interested i can't wait to meet the teachers and live in the dorms. To add on the art program there is very big and safe to work hours and be well sleep there. if i get in i will best believe be the happiest person alive.

Austin

The campus is very beautiful, professors are there to help, and it feels like home. Students can be found doing a variety of many activities whether it being an academic club too playing a pick-up football game. There are plenty of opportunists to get involved on campus with such a wide variety of clubs that if their is something for everyone.

Charlotte

I think the school has a lot to offer, and is working on becoming even better. The academic side of things is amazing, the professors really care about our education and want us to succeed overall. The dorm rooms are currently being renovated as time goes on, to accommodate the more modern approach to things.

Zoie

Kutztown is an incredible school. The small campus gives students and professors the ability to get to know each other personally which leads to students feeling more comfortable with asking and receiving help. Even though it is a relatively small campus, you can still meet a new person which can open your perspective on something you have limited knowledge of.

Leah

Kutztown overall is not the best school out there to choose. However, certain departments are much better than others. If you are picky with professors and take classes that challenge you to think different, or use a new perspective, you will walk away with a lot more than memorizing a few president's birthdays, or becoming a Pearson online professional. Kutztown is great for the Liberal Arts. Some schools do not have the right faculty to be able to enhance a student's own moral perspectives or universal moral dilemmas, as well as more complicated topics such as the emerging artificial intelligence in our world. Critical thinking is Kutztown's specialty.

Marianna

I love my professors, but if you are coming from a diverse area, KU is not diverse. The majority of the students you see will be white. I also feel like the honors program requires a low GPA I wish they would make it more exclusive. There are many opportunities to make money on campus, which I like because I need to pay for books. I also feel like the administration makes a lot of decisions very quickly and disregards student opinions. The campus is pretty

Sage

In my opinion, Kutztown University has a very diverse set of students attending that college. Though this diversity, many easily find a group they feel comfortable in. As for the education found at Kutztown, there are many different majors and minors that students can enroll in. Most teachers are enthusiastic about the subject they are teaching. There are some teachers who may not be the best at providing a good learning environment for students. Overall, Kutztown is a school that many students can find their place in, either socially or in their education.

Haley

It is a nice school. The number of students attending is just the right amount, it is nice to not have it overcrowded. I think it is great how the campus has a safe amount of security. The student body is friendly and the classes are the perfect size for those looking for a medium-sized college. There are multiple job opportunities on the school campus to help students pay for any school fees.

Melissa

I personally love Kutztown. I knew, when I first took a campus tour, that this school is for me. I had that, " Ahh, yes," feeling. The teachers here are great and really want to see you succeed. The professors maintain pretty flexible office hours and are there for you when you need it. The dorms are all really nice and well kept, and the housing staff are pretty cool. They are always around if you need to talk or need help; they know the ins and outs of the school.

Jenna

I personally love Kutztown University. I came as a visitor prior to this year and had to enroll myself. The campus is stunning and the academics are great. The teachers have always been available to me and as helpful as needed. The campus life is friendly and super welcoming. Students are always active and involved in campus activities. I wouldn't want to attend anywhere else.

Alexander

Overall I think Kutztown University is a quality school. The teachers in every department are amazing and truly love teaching. There are plenty of classes to choose from. The dining halls are great for people who eat meat, vegetarians might have a bit of a hard time finding something though. Would definitely recommend seeing it first before choosing to enroll so you can get an idea of where it's at and what the campus is like.

Brianna

This school is large enough to enjoy ones freedom yet small enough to remain focused and safe. There are a variety of academic areas to study with minors to accompany your choice. The majority of the staff enjoy their positions and will help their students as needed.

Jalen

I think Kutztown can be a great fit for me . I believe this is where i want to be , no other school but this one , I believe it can provide multiple opportunities for me in the long run . However it also can put me in the position where I can make it to the NFL.

Kamilya

I'm an international student at Kutztown university of Pennsylvania. It's so important for me to feel like home where I study and live, and that's what this university makes me feel. I love how people are really friendly here, they're always willing to help. Professors know what they teaching and they're there to help us understand the subjext!

Bridgeen

My overall, and personal, opinion of Kuztown University of Pennsylvania is that it is sub-par. I do not like it here, and will transfer to Temple University next semester. However, I think this college is a great place if you do not like the "big city" life. There is a lot of fun things to do, and it would be great for someone who grew up in a small town or out in the country, since this campus is basically in the middle of nowhere.

I can't wait to start my college career at Kutztown. I already feel at home there. All the faculty and staff are so accessible and assisting. The campus is beautiful and laid out in such a perfect way. I love how the dorms are all in one area of the campus and the classroom buildings are all together. This gives you a separation of your social and academic life. There are so many places on campus to hang out and have a snack, and their class offerings are just as diverse. Looking forward to the fall.

Jena

Kutztown is a really good university. The campus is beautiful and there is something for everyone to get involved with because they have a plethora of club offerings. The professors are well-versed in their subjects and always make time to speak with their students. Kutztown also has many unique and interesting class offerings which is something students tend to appreciate.

Tobi

It's a very good sided school, professors generally want to help. Financial aid office is messy though, be prepared. They give you multiple different answers for one thing. Campus is beautiful, warm and cold. Dorms could use a little more attention as far as cleanliness. Overall, if you're looking for an education I'd recommend.

Anneliesse

I transferred to Kutztown University of Pennsylvania. I transferred into the science program and I very much enjoy it. The professors are accessible and care about the learning of their students. They want to see growth beyond the classroom. My first semester there was great. The only complaint would be the food.

Jamie

Being a freshman, you get all the feelings: scared, nervous, excited, etc. When I came to move in there were tons of friendly people there to help me we anything I needed. Then, as the first week commenced, I met all my professors. They were all very informative, kind, and helpful. Being new to the college scene and having all these friendly people around made me feel like I made the right choice. This place is going to be my home for the next four years, and I couldn’t be any more excited to experience it all at Kutztown University.

Jackie

Having attended multiple schools, I can say without a doubt Kutztown is the best one I've been to. The staff is top notch and are there to guide you through the arcane application, financing, and registration processes, the campus itself is beautiful, and the student body is diverse.

Jenna

I love kutztown! I'm excited for my next few years here and to be able to study art education at one of the best school for it! I love that it's not in the city, we're surrounded by rural farm lands. It's a great location and we get the best sunsets. I know students here love it too! A friend of mine actually transferred after her first year here but then transferred back right after her semester at the other school because she liked it here so much better.

Lucas

Kutztown university is an exemplary institution. There are programs and facilities put into place to help students thrive. The professors have office hours and are always willing to help. It is a beautiful campus filled with beautiful students. There is cultural diversity and everyone is kind.

I love Kutztown so much. There are things to do on the weekends, but at the same time, you feel relaxed and focused when working on school work. It is the perfect school for Education majors and I feel like I have learned so much and I feel prepared to be a teacher. The Professors are amazing and I have bonded with so mnay of them. Kutztown really is full of amazing people.

Nathan

When I first came to Kutztown University for the tour, everyone was nice. Afterwards, I knew I wanted to come here. The dorms are nice, but sometimes people can turn the volume of their music up a little too loud. I could barely study in my room and had to go to the library or elsewhere. The food is great, but after a while of eating the same things over and over again, you get kind of sick of eating it. Almost everything about the campus is fantastic and I would recommend anyone who is in Pennsylvania and wanting to go to college to come here.