Grand Rapids, MI
Kuyper College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kuyper College

Dashiah

Kuyper is an amazing school, the campus is so gorgeous and it makes me feel at home. I love that they have my major and that I got accepted with specia provisions. Which means that I will get a whole bunch of extra help. Like with my essays and I will get tutoring, and the first semester I can only take four classes, which will be super helpful because I can learn how to balance college life with homework and church and studying.

Millie

To be honest, I was pretty hesitant to apply for Kuyper College when I saw it was a private Christian Reformed school. With a nervous feeling, I just could not resist applying due to the wonderful reputation of Kuyper’s social work program. After about two years of attending Kuyper College, I am elated to share I am having a wonderful experience as a student at this school. I see the president literally every day, she always greets me with a smile. The professors are extremely accessible and always go out of their way to help any student who needs it. My cohort is about eight students, therefore our classes are small and intimate, cultivating a truly beneficial learning experience. In order to graduate from this college, one is required to graduate with a minor in theology. I do not recommend this school if a student is uncomfortable with a biblical education, because you have no other choice but to get one. The Bible based classes are taught by incredibly knowledgeable professors who are all open to learning from students, believers or nonbelievers. One thing I would like to see improvement on is the food. The amount of money students pay in tuition is not reflected in the cafeteria. Overall, the quality of my experience has been relatively high at Kuyper College. The student body and faculty are intelligent, encouraging, and friendly.

I love the atmosphere of the students and the professors. One of the coolest things here at kuyper is that the professors eat lunch with us students and we also have topics for debates during lunch that are either about ethics or biblical. The last thing that I enjoy about Kuyper are the students themselves. Because of the small size of the college and the on campus students we all know each other. Not just the names but things about each other where we can engage in a meaningful conversation with any student we come across.

Andrew

I would tell myself that the most difficult part is making time for everything and balancing every aspect of life. There is considerably less time to fit everything into your day (as there is a lot more to fit in) and that I should be ready for the sometimes chaotic nature of college life.

Someone who desires to be surrounded by a lot of people with a mutltitude of world viewpoints, or someone who is going to college for the party scene.

There is no food stand/drink bar in which you can order a specialty drink. In fact there is almost no areas for students to study or socialize other than the library or a few chairs located on campus.

olga

my views of social sciences were widen up, more opportunities came on my list , i met a wonderful people (students and professors) whose experience helped me to grow personally and professionally. I really enjoyed practicum and the ability to use learned skills in the real life. This school helped me to developed the network, got to know other agencies and their objectives. This whole experience attending Kyper College was valuable because of my christian beliefs (all students shared faith), meeting other christians and living the life together.

the worst thing was multiple choices tests: it's not logical, not helpful to determine either a student know the material or not and student develops lack of the ability to communicate and/or express their thoughts by being tested on specific material

passionate person with focus on humanity. Anyone who wants to get a quality of education.

Chad

My life has been completely changed as a result of attending specifically this college, Kuyper. Not only have I been made aware of the true power of knowledge, but I have been transformed by the right knowledge in its application to my life. Kuyper has been the most influential educational experience I have ever had and indeed has given me a vigor and passion for life that I would never have stumbled upon had I not come here. The professors are so personal and yet they have high expectations and don't back down from them. They expect your best but they equip you to give it. The library staff is amazing, the most helpful people I have ever met. The athletic team that I participated on was the experience of a lifetime. The social gatherings run rich with fellowship and sharing life. This college has transformed me from a boy into a responsible man. I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to, and yet I have a huge responsibility to use my gifts, talents, and skills to help the world in a right, responsible way. I can't wait to start life, thanks Kuyper College!

Personally I wish that I had known how to juggle finances better. This is only because I am not very wealthy and I would like to have some space where i don't have to work so much and i can be even more involved in the social aspects of Kuyper. But that isn't a knock on the school, they have provided wonderfully and gone above and beyond to help me figure out how to pay for school.

Probably one who is only interested in getting rich, or partying all the time. Even those people I would like to come to our school so they can see that there is more to life. But they will meet stiff academic demands, yet professors who go WAY out of the way to help you understand and apply what you learn.

Shelby

My classmates are very wonderful; they help me grow much stronger in my faith and are extremely helpful in any situation and are very fun to be around!

I have gained a better knowledge of what being a Christian is all about and how I am to live my life in the way that God wants me to. I have gained many amazing friends that I will keep in contact with for many years to come, and I have also gained some very valuable skills that I will need to have in my future career in order to be successful. I've also gained in my social skills; I'm no longer shy around people and I've become more open, and I've found out more about myself and what I can really do by taking risks I normally wouldn't take. I've learned the importance and value of education and just how lucky I am to use it, and I am certainly going to take what I've learned to help those who are unable to receive such things.

I brag about the fact that everyone is so close and it is such a tight community; you definitely feel very welcome and you tend to know everybody. Also, everything is in one building, and it's right across from the dorms so it doesn't take long at all to get to classes. It's very affordable, especially for a Christian college, and there's also free laundry so you don't have to bring it home! It's a super friendly environment and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Joyce

Kuyper is a great school, educating students from a Biblical worldview perspective so that we as Christians may bring God's grace into our culture and meet people where they are at.

Kuyper has a great community of students compared to other schools; the student body is very small, which allows students to grow closer together and know just about every fellow student. Also, Kuyper focuses on the abilities and callings that each student has, so that he/she can serve God and be a light into the world for whatever field of study is chosen.

If I were able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are many words of advice that I would give myself. For starters, I would encourage myself to begin applying for scholarships much earlier than I had previously. I would also tell myself to focus more and work harder to get even better grades, to earn a greater scholarship from my school. Most importantly, however, I would advise myself to keep God as my focus and then center of my life, and not to worry so much about what I will major in, or what I will do with my life. I would remind myself that the important thing is how I am living every single day, and if I am living every day to glorify God and love other people, then I am doing what I was meant to do, and I should not worry further.

Kuyper College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.