Philadelphia, PA
La Salle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Salle University

Gregory

La Salle University is a dynamic, liberal-arts-based university with great faculty to student rations, generious office hours devoted to students, discussion based classes, and a fairly competitive business school attached.

Greg, Jump in the air, click your heels, make a few strange and unusual noises loudly enough to entertain those around you, and then pat yourself on the back. The first three directives will help instill in you a habit sure to keep your spirits and energy bright throughout college. The last instructive congratulates yourself on your success in high school and your fabulous choice on La Salle University as the next step in your education. Your emersion into the college experience will be supplemented with a great social life, a roommate that teaches you how to play guitar, a few great friends, forbes magazine, and a host of major switches and opportunities to meet alumni who have all conquered the world. Don?t worry, your study habits will not dwindle; although you are going to earn your first C in history class. Don't tell anyone, but you will get an A with that same professor next semester. It really was your lack of ability all along. -Your future PS. Your optimistic attitude and go-free happiness will become a disease on campus afflicting those around you. Start practicing now, your family will appreciate it as well.

Although it has great dorms with kitchenettes on each hallway, La Salle University forces its students to pruchase a rather pricey mealplan expecting students to eat 14 meals per week. While the cafeterias serve decent food, I would prefer to do my own cooking a little more often.

Donelle

La Salle is best known for its Nursing program, Psychology program, and its Business school. Many of the students that attend this school are enrolled in either of these programs, and many companies surrounding Pennsylvania know the work that La Salle students put in to these areas. La Salle also has a very good track team as well as a women's rugby team.

The advise that I would give myself if I was a high school senior would be to balance my time wisely and to make sure to get involved with organizations on campus. I would also tell myself to really get to know my professors because they offer invaluable information and really want you to succeed. One of the biggest things I would say is to get at least one internship while at school because it is a good way to network and find out about possible job opportunities. Internships also give you an idea about whether you would enjoy a career in your chosen field.

The worst thing about La Salle is that if a student lives off campus there tends to be a problem with the students and the locals that live in the neighborhood. Many of the houses that the students live in off-campus sometimes get broken into, so there is a small security problem wich most students take steps to avoid happening.

Jarrett

If I could go back in time as a highschool senior I would tell myself the make sure that I am always on time with any type of obligations that I might have. I would make it a point to tell myself to actually utilize those weekly planners to thier extent, and I would tell myself to work hard, but to still have fun and be social. I would remind myself how important it is to be involved with extra curicular activities and to allow myself to experience as much as I can for the freshman year so that years to come will be easier. Lastly the most important thing I would tell myself is to never be afraid of what I can accomplish, and to always aim high and set high goals. A wise man once said the problem with people today is not that they set high goals and miss, but they aim too low and hit.

I think the worst thing about my school is that on weekends it can be very dead because many students live close to the area and go home for the weekends.

The thing I brag about the most is the size and feel of the campus. La Salle has a great campus and plenty of students, but I love the class sizes and how they are not large in number.

Jenna

Do not simply go over the material only while in class, outside class work is very important in understanding the material. Also even with the government's help attempting to fund your education on your own is a tantalizing task that is going to take consistency and dedication. You can't be afraid to ask for help, no matter how it makes you look, in the end you will be much more satisfied because your connections can make things move a little more smoothly.

The sense of community within La Salle is most appreciated, when stepping on to the campus you feel as if you are at home and almost instantaneously emerged within a new family.

I wish I had known that i couldn't afford it, although i am in love with la Salle it is a bit expensive and I would've choosin more wisely.

Jamie

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say "your two best options are, one, join the military right after high school, get an education for free, get commissioned as an officer and have a fulfilling career at the same time. Option 2, would be to go to a University, enroll in the Reserve Officers Training, enjoy the four years of college and training to become a military officer. Once your four years is completed, you can get commissioned and you are guarenteed a fulfilling military career. Which ever road you choose, military life is unbeatable. Your medical care is taken care of, you are given money for housing and food. You will get to travel the world with no out of pocket expense. You will get to do and see things not commomly found in the civilian work place. At the same time you will have the pride of knowing that you are working for and defending your country! After you fulfill tewnty years of military dedication, you are able to retire. Civilians usually dont get to retire at the age of 38. Get an education! And join the Military!!"

Monika

They are no always interested in class work, but very friendly and welcoming.

They are no always interested in class work, but very friendly and welcoming.

I would advise other high school students to not attempt to stereotype the student body of a college after one visit. There are many different types of people at every college, and there is always a group of people you will be able to become friends with. Some schools do have a more welcoming and friendly social atmosphere though, and that is what students should look for. It is also important to ask about student life on the weekends. Is the school a ?back-pack college?? Also, make sure that the school is an appropriate distance away from home for you. Make sure you would feel comfortable traveling that distance every time you want to go home. Most importantly, make sure that the school is offering classes that you feel you would be interested in and that the classes sizes would create the best learning environment for you.

D

This school was the only school which I applied to that allowed me to double major in computer science and math within four years. Since it is a Catholic school, it provided me with the kind of resources that would nurture my spritual needs and interests. The small campus and enrollment size provided me opportunities to be in many activies and make me feel more like a person than a mere number.

When it comes to studying, study effectively. Plan ahead. Have and use a calendar to plan your days for the semester. You had better manage your time. Read and chart your syllabus. Look ahead. Academics are first, extracurricular activities are a close second. Make sure that you get involved in extracurricular activities. Do not overextend yourself. If you join a group that needs you and your skills, you will feel a sense of almost guilty commitment if you cannot give 100%. So choose wisely. Make friends. Have fun. Play hard, but play smart. Enjoy the new friendships you make. Always carry a phone and have at least ten subway tokens in your drawer. (This means always be prepared to take a little trip to enjoy the surrounding area/city). Do not worry about leaving home. Frequent contact with the family via calls and texting reduces the homesickness. Finally, there will be parties with illegal drinking, accept that. If you do not wish to be a part of that, simply say no. It is okay to be strong, but you do not have to be annoying. Help roommates in their time of need and encourage them to watch their drinking habits.

I would like to have known what kind of teachers I was to face. It would have been helpful to have a schedule that listed the teachers that taught the courses I was to take. It would have been nice to have a comprehensive rating tool of the the teachers that I could reference to make better decisions regarding which teacher I would prefer and whose style would work well with me. Then I could make excellent choices.

La Salle University is a bustling community of multi-dimensional opportunity.

La Salle University is a bustling community of multi-dimensional opportunity.

The biggest thing that drew me to La Salle University was their Television Station. I am a Mass Media Communication major and I want to learn my craft in an amazing station. La Salle has afforded me that opportunity.

First of all, just breathe. Yes, this is a major step in your life, but I know you can handle it. Secondly, go with what you really want. Yes, I know that sounds simple, but believe me, it is the best advice I can give to you. What I mean is, if you have to take out extra loans just to go to that "reach" school, it will definately be worth your happiness. Do not settle for "just okay." If you go for your dreams, no amount of money should have to hold you back. As for adjusting to life once you are at a college, just be yourself. Again, it sounds simple, but it really makes all the difference. If you are relaxing and staying true to yourself, then all the rest will fall into place. You will have fun and make new friends, and it will just come naturally. Stay strong, self. I know you can do it.

Kaitlyn

I would say my school is best known for its school of business and communications. Business was my original intended major for this school but I ended up changing it to comminications because I love the staff in that department and everything that is offered.

A major piece of advice I would give myself if I were to go back in time would be finding out that I had enough money for whatever school I went to before making a definite decision. I had my heart set on this school since the day I went for my first visit; I loved the campus and I loved the track coach. Because of this I wouldn't settle for anything different and I should have kept my options open instead of saying "I'm going here!." That was my big mistake. I would also tell myself to get more prepared for being on my own because at first it can be kind of hard; free reign of whatever I want to do can be bad. I went out more than I should have. Overall I would just tell myself to follow my heart but to make the best decision for me and my family because the cost of the school also puts a hardship on my family.

I wish I would have known how hard it was going to be covering the expenses for this school. La Salle is a great school but because it's private I was not able to get any state money for going there.

Dorothy

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to save up more money. The biggest suprise that I had was that I really was broke once I got to college. Before I went, I just assumed I would have time to find a steady job and then keep it, but after ariving at college that was not a real option. La Salle, the University I go to, has no real job opportunities. I can get the odd job on campus, but that doesn't make nearly enough money. Another thing I would tell myself would be because I don't party, I will need to find other ways to make friends. It is really important to sign up for clubs because it's hard to make friends in the classrooms like I did in high school. My first year of college, I ended up sitting in my room watching lots of movies on my laptop. This year, I'm hardly in my room with all of the activities I've joined. The final thing I would tell myself is not to be afraid to try new things. That's what college is all about.

The oppritunity to persue my chosen career path. My chosen field is limited in Universities that have this major.

I wish I would have known the area a little better.

La Salle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.