La Salle University Top Questions

Marisol

The best thing about LaSalle is the ability to get involved and take advantage of as many opportunities as possible. If you have a variety of interests, the department chairs are very willing to help you fill out paperwork to get a minor or double major. La Salle maintains a very good reputation and people are often impressed when they hear that you are a "La Salle student." Although the school is small, there are plenty of good people on campus. You will find your place that you fit in.

Marisol

Marisol

The campus is gorgeous but if you step outside of it, very dangerous.

The best thing about LaSalle is definitely the size of the school. Your professors are very approachable and your classes are a very reasonable size. Probably the one thing that I might want to change is the location, although it's what makes it very unique. Philly in general is an awesome place to go to college, your in very close proximity to other universities, restaurants, historical sites, museums, and shopping. In terms of being a Catholic University and more specifically, a Christian Brothers school, LaSalle has a tight knit religious community but if your of another religion or not religious at all there isn't much pressure to be forced into religious activities.

Kassie

We have a really great student programming center that always has stuff to do in and around the city, like concerts, museums, and events like medieval times and the rockettes (all you have to do is put down a $5 deposit and you get it back on the bus). Some people complain that La Salle is a "suitcase school," meaning people go home every weekend, but those people miss out on all the fun things La Salle offers every weekend!

Kassie

My largest class here was about 30 people. It's been really easy to get to know teachers and start study groups. We have a really great student programming center that always has stuff to do in and around the city, like concerts, museums, and events like medieval times and the rockettes (all you have to do is put down a $5 deposit and you get it back on the bus). Some people complain that La Salle is a "suitcase school," meaning people go home every weekend, but those people miss out on all the fun things La Salle offers every weekend!

A few teachers and the cheese eggs in the main dining hall (B&G) is the best thing about La Salle. They do also have a few good trips every once in a while. La Salle is so small, and is in a VERY dangerous neighborhood. You must stay within a 2 1/2 block radius in order to be safe. The security guards are often rude and may pass you on the shuttle even at night ! Try to go to another college in Philadelphia, La Salle is in North Philly, if you have to stay in north philly, go to Temple U. There are alot of better colleges in West Philly, downtown or in Philly suburbs. Administration is often rude and they try to bleed you dry, MONEY is the most important thing at La Salle. They ignore you otherwise. They have had embezzlers, law suits and a professor that brought a stripper to a seminar. There is virtually no school pride, no football (becuase of a law suit) and no one shows up to any sporting events. Ill always remember how La Salle ignores your complaints about cleaniness and unprofessionalism (rudeness) by their staff. You dont matter unless your talking to them about money.

LaSalle has its faults but I do believe I am getting a quality education. The teachers care and classes are interesting. Alot of the people are well rounded.