La Salle University

« See more reviews of La Salle University

I would go back and tell myself to relax. I was so worried in high school about where I was going to get in, what classes I was going to take, what major I would declare, and so many other questions. Once I got to La Salle, I realized I was too uptight and worried when there really was not anything to worry about. I have plenty of time to get stuff done, I did very good with grades, I got along great with my roommate, things just really were not that bad. I would remind myself this is not the case for everyone, but there is no reason to excessively worry. Anyone has the right to be anxious because it is a huge step in life, but if you spend all that time worrying, it will hinder your growth and prevent you from enjoying college and getting a full experience out of it.

Go with your gut instinct. Visit alot of schools, once you found the right one you will know it. As soon as i got to LaSalle's campus i told myself, "this is it," and there was no convincing me otherwise. Finding the perfect school will make your college experience unforgettable and the best time of your life. If you know what you want to major in, look for schools that offer those courses. If you are undecided, go for a school with subjects that interest you. Look for schools that offer extracurricular activities that interest you. Try going for a school that you can afford, no one likes debt. But ultimately go with your heart, go with what you feel is best, and go somewhere both parent and student can agree on, and feel safe in. AND start applying early!!

College experience is the very important and the more I attend school the more experience I am receiving in my nursing carreer. College has taught me to be a critical thinker in the nursing profession. It is valuable to attend to learn and recieve as much knowledge as I can to make me a better nurse. Knowledge is a wonderful assest in my profession and I am proud to be a nurse and continue to receive the education I am getting. By giving me this scholarship, this helps me continue my education as a nurse and gives me the opportunity to fill my dream of becoming a nurse anesthesist. It helps me to still study very hard for my continuing career while providing for my three beautiful daughters. Thank you for your time and consideration.

The first thing to do is to research the school online, expecially if you know what you want to major in. Make sure that the program around that major is good, that's what i did. then go and look at the schools and see what you think. when you actuially attend whatever college you decide, make sure you go with an open mind. be easy to talk to and ready to meet new people. a good tip is to keep your door open when you're in your room. this lets other people walk by and see you and possibly stop by. its a great way to meet people! also, keep an open mind about different clubs and activities. its a great way to meet people who have common interests. the main thing is to be open minded and ready for new things.

Start off by looking at colleges with a strong liberal arts background if the student is undecided, if the student has decided on a major look for schools that have a weell developed program for that major. Students have an idea of what kind of neighborhood they want to be in so then you narrow it down by looking at location. To make the most of it while you're in school the best idea would be to get involved in a club. Not only will you find people with similar interest but it also allows you to see some of the inner workings of the school when planning events. The more involved you are ( balancing your schoolwork as well) the more you'll get out of college. You go there not just to learn but to live!

Going into college can be a very frightening and tumultuous time for any young adult. High School's around the world try to prepare students for what lies ahead of them, but it can never be really understood until it is experienced by the students' themselves. If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to simply relax and take the college application process one step at a time. You can't enjoy your final year in High School by having this stressful situation take over your life. All that can be done is to apply to as many colleges as you can, do very well in all of your classes, and hope for the best. Everything will work out fine in the end.

When finfing the right college do what is best and what feels right for you the student. Because afterall you will be the one living there and attending school there. Make a choice for a school you want and not what others want for you because your future is going to depend on the education your receiving and the experience you get from it. To make the most of our college experience do your work and succeed acaemically first, then go and do activities around campus that interest you to make new friends, join study groups from class to help make new friends. Be school oriented and learn new things and discover new things you never knew before about your campus.

I know that is a little difficult to think to go back to the past. But if I had the opportunity to travel back in time and meet with myself in high school and with the experiences that I have now, it could be marvelous to see myself again. After a brief talk with me it would not have been difficult to convince myself to travel to United States to study in La Salle to get a good education, and telling myself that this had been the best choice in my life. And without doubt, I would have done the impossible to come to study in the United States, because for low income student it is a bit difficult to study in a third world country.

My advice to parents and students would be to choose a school based on the vine you get from the campus and on the professors. Friends will always be there, however a professor can really make opr break a course. So, visit alot of different campuses and really try to get a feel for the people and environment. If you feel comfortable and at home than it is probably the right school for you. Also, be independent. Do not choose the local college just because your friends from high school are going there. Go out on your own and see the world, it is the best way to be prepared for life.

The advise that I would give myself if I was a high school senior would be to balance my time wisely and to make sure to get involved with organizations on campus. I would also tell myself to really get to know my professors because they offer invaluable information and really want you to succeed. One of the biggest things I would say is to get at least one internship while at school because it is a good way to network and find out about possible job opportunities. Internships also give you an idea about whether you would enjoy a career in your chosen field.