La Salle University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for La Salle University

The nights and weekend program is the pits. There is very little support for those students and it really needs to be corrected considering we pay just as much for tuition. The building that houses the nursing program is terribly run down and in need of some help. The business center is brand new but they can’t even keep the nursing building from leaking every time it rains

anna

AMAZING

Nina

I'll be attending La Salle in fall 2016 as a social work major. I had a great visit! The area to the west is run-down, but it's NOT "very dangerous. It's a city, if you have a common sense you'll be fine. The students and locals are extremely friendly and helpful. My tour guide was amazing. The campus was so charming!

Natalia

It is great if you love your major. If you don't like it or do not like the department it can be very hard to feel like you are supported as a student. I am in the arts and science department and I love the way that the teachers are always helpful. As a PoC the students can be very sheltered and off putting but that quickly goes away. Try to make friends the moment you get there because it can feel like a such a small school.

Rebecca

I am in love with La Salle. All of my professors take extra time to get to know me outside of class and the dorms are much better and much larger than any other University I have visited. The dining hall food, while tasty, is rarely composed of a diverse menu.

Rebecca

Overall, La Salle University offers a superb learning environment. The academics here are intense and the professors care about your learning process. Tha faculty and staff are always available to answer any needed questions or just to chat. The campus is full of diverse personality and people. There is something here for everyone.

Phil

LaSalle in my opinion is great. Biggest flaws being : its near a rough area so safety at night is a concern, some of the dorms are older buildings, and it lacks in a few other things as well. It makes up for it however with excellent teachers, and very good academics. The campus itself is safe, and most people that I know that attended are quality people. (Even people who graduated in a different year or even decade.) I think the common traits of quality people and strong academics make it a very strong school and it definitely had a positive impact for me, despite its imperfections.

Cindy

La Salle University is a great school for those who want to learn in an intimate environment. The class sizes are small and the student are usually intellectually stimulated. The professors are very caring, helpful, and accessible outside of class. There are plenty events that occur throughout the semesters for students to attend for fun!

Glory

I love La Salle University. As a freshman, I have been trying to "learn the ropes of the university." When you step on the campus you immediately feel as if you're home due to the way the professors and Christian Brothers talk to you and treat you. The professors here help you with anything you need and are always available to help and the people here are friendly are always lend an open ear and mind. I would recommend attending La Salle University to anyone because it is an amazing school that offers am amazing opportunities.

Mark

La Salle has some really engaged and dedicated profossors, many of whom have valuable career experience. Most of the professors I have had have taken an interest in my education. Other than professors, I cannot say much more positive items about this school. Many students are commuters or local, providing a glorified high-school atmosphere. Also, the acceptance rate is very high, so the typical student here is not particularly intellectual, and most do not prioritize their education over parties and smoking. Very heavy drug and party culture here. Mainly, the campus is in the complete ghetto. Go watch a Meek Mill video and this is North Philly where La Salle is located. This provides for a dangerous environment even for me, a fairly muscular and sizeable young man. The surroundings have nothing to do and you need to take a train to eat/shop/ or do anything interesting which is why the party scene is very heavy here; there is simply nothing else to do and the education is a breeze so students usually can party more than most college students should be able to.

Christopher

Overall, the school is lacking in many aspects. The most obvious lacking would consist of the education and the administration. The administration would rather turn a large profit than care for the quality of life for the students or to actually put the money in the educational aspects.

Natalie

La Salle is a warm and friendly community that allows student to excel bot inside and outside the classroom. Nourishing a culture of service and personal responsibility students leave La Salle brighter and better than when they came!

Leah

Overall this school is not the best. It is not in a safe area, and there have been many incidents right around campus area such as shootings or mugging. The housing and food is not the best, but could be considered typical of college. The academic advisors are not helpful at all, but the teachers can be.

Caroline

La Salle, in general, is a good school. Dorms could be updated, but other than that the major issues are not the fault of the school,​ like how dangerous the area is. I get a good education and I enjoy the people I'm with there.

Kris

I think La Salle is a great school full with many opportunities to those who are willing to work hard. La Salle cares about it's students and staff member, we must follow La Salle's mission statement and this what the school is all about. I happy and glad to be an explorer.

Atiera

When I first visited La Salle University, the staff and students welcomed me with open arms and wide smiles. I spoke with the dean of the science and he along with other staff were very personable and have the passion for teaching .La Salle is the best choice I have made

Jasmyn

I love it here at La Salle! It is just right for me: not too big or too small, not too may parties, but enough, ethnically diverse, decent classroom size, lots to do on campus; the students are friendly and the professors and other staff are kind and caring.

Lakeeyia

I love the diversity of this school. I am also meeting new people and learning more about their background. I am involved with many clubs such as Peer Educators, ADP leadership council, Public Health Student Organization, as well as being a Peer advisor to incoming freshmen. I am happy that I am able to lend a helping hand to my fellow classmates whenever it is needed.

bryan

la salle university is a great university and a great fit for me. la salle has a great academic program with a little classroom sizes which is essential in learning . it provides a great atmosphere for a student and professors. la salle also has a beautiful campus .

Anonymous

La Salle University lacks funding for their science programs and research. If you are planning on attending a graduate program that requires research, I would look into another school. In addition, if you are a pre-medical student, do not attend here. The medical program has been severely diminished and there are no ongoing shadowing programs. The pre-med advisor will not meet with you if you are a first or second year student. However, they do have an excellent business school and there is a phenomenal nursing program. I've been here for nearly 9 weeks and I still get sick off of the food. There are abysmal vegetarian options on campus, it is mainly pasta and they do not have many protein options for vegetarians. The teachers are kind and keep an open door policy. While this school may be more affordable than many other places, remember that funding for programs comes from somewhere. In complete honesty, La Salle University has not found that funding.

emily

I wish I could give this school 0 stars. It was probably the worst school I ever attended. It is not worth how much you are paying. The buildings are falling apart and they think so highly of themselves yet all you have to do is show up to ace all your classes..... The neighborhood its in is so scary. Don't go anywhere without pepper spray, seriously.

Jenna

A great school with a great education with a lot of school spirit. It could use a little bit of work in the freshman housing dorms ,but they have a beautiful library. They care a lot about their basketball program and could use more appreciation toward other sports.

Nia

I believe La Salle is a great school if you're looking for pure academics. The community life fails due to the high demand and concern for setting a high expectations for academics. Not to mention, most of La Salle's professors are older, not to say that's a negative thing but the ways of teaching differs and aren't as successful. You'll be better off going to another university with just ass good of academics in the city with brighter community life.

Christina

As an out-of-state student, my experience at La Salle University has been somewhat disappointing. While the academics are great, I wish the campus was more energetic. The few campus planned activities never receive large turnouts and the school spirit only lies within its athletes. In addition, there is not much to do outside the immediate campus unless you take a train into center city. The campus is surrounded by a bad neighborhood with little to no stores within walking distance. Students are afraid to walk alone off campus as well as the edge of campus because of the frequency of robberies and incidents. Multiple times I have considered transferring schools to somewhere safer and more affordable, the only reason I have not is because of the wonderful people I have met thus far. I have made healthy and long lasting relationships here at La Salle University and I do not wish to give up on them easily. Despite my distaste for La Salle, I am determined to stick it out and make the most of it.

K

it could be better. slight improvements are happening though. As far as academics, you have some good teachers and then, you have a couple of lecturers that have no idea what they're doing. Not the best for parking but great for public transportation takers.