Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Gaby

Knowing what I know now, apply early. Take your SATs the first test date. Do not wait until the last minute because you will miss out on deadlines and possibly not go to the school you of your choosing. Once you are accepted and choose to go to the school you want, research the majors before deciding that what you want to do. Know what you are getting yourself into because college is quick and expensive. Make it worthwhile. Once you start school, don't be afraid. You will find friends almost instantly because all freshman are in the same boat as you. Be friendly. Also college is really different from highschool. No one is going to tell you what to do or when to do it. Be organized and take charge of what you have to do. Be responsible and you will be happy with the results.

The curfew. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous. The majority of us are adults, and there is no need for a curfew. Also the required chapels. I understand it is an SDA school, but I still think it should be optional. People have things to do.

A person who isn't religious. It will drive you insane.

Laura

The ONLY bad thing about my school is that it is a Seventh Day Adventist based university which means they are super religious, forcing students to attend weekly chapel, and an additional night time service if they live on campus. The school is also vegetarian.

THE FOOD SUCKS. On campus living is a hassle becuase the RA's do nightly roomchecks and breaking curfew results in being placed on probation and your curfew is reduced by an hour.

Rebecca

The advice that I would give myself is to be more confident in myself and believe in myself. I would also tell my senior in high school self to get a job and a driver's license.

The best thing at my school are the professors and the staff that are involved in the Criminal Justice program. They show you that they care and they are always there to help in any way that they can.

I wish that I had known that I am capable of achieving anything that I can put my mind to.

Jamie

I would tell myself that college is not something to be afraid of. When I was a senior, I was so afraid of coming to a new school, a new city, and a new community where I wouldn't know anyone. I have lived in one city my entire life and moving out of my house was an intimidating and scary experience for me. But I have come to the realization that I am not alone in how I think. I realized that every freshmen coming to this school is going through the same experience as I am. After I have realized this, I told myself that I am going to try my best to immerse myself in my school's many different activities so that I can make new friends and create a community within my school that I am comfortable with. This has been the biggest lesson that I could have learned from my first couple of months in college.

Since the school is a private university, the staff is very attentive to all the students' needs. Freshmen are provided with an academic counselor who checks up on the student's grades, and how they are doing. If students have any questions, the counselors do their best to answer their questions. Also, the classroom sizes are small so the teachers get to know the students better. The staff and teachers try their best to provide the students with the best education opportunity as possible.

Anyone who wants a great education would attend this school. La Sierra's sister school is Loma Linda University, so people who want to eventually transfer to Loma Linda University would attend. La Sierra has a program where students can do two years of schooling at La Sierra, then apply to Loma Linda's Undergraduate program. This program is only for certain kinds of majors that the students are pursuing.

Zaida

La Sierra University is a school that always welcomes you with a smile and will do anything they can in oder to assure you get the future you are amiming for.

If I could talk to Zaida, the high school senior, I would tell her to enjoy all the "bad moments". College is not always a fun, relaxing and happy place. It can sometimes make you get stressed and drepressed because it drives you to new limits you didn't know you could reach. It makes you feel uncomfortable at times because it pushes you out of your comfort zone. However, after all those bad moments are in the past, life is pretty amazing. You'll start to appreciate all the awkward and stressful situations college life put you through. I would tell her to just breathe and allow college life to help shape the person she is. The transition wasn't smooth, but it was worth it and I don't regret anything college has done to me; it has made me grow so much and I know that's something high school senior, Zaida, would appreciate hearing.

I think that everyone can attend this school, as long as they are determined and focused on getting a further education. Also, they have to be willing to follow their rules regarding worships.

Chioma

I haven't met any yet, but I know that they will be incredible.

I haven't met any yet, but I know that they will be incredible.

Three things: apply to as many schools as you can, apply to as many scholarships as you can... And that 'you are beautiful'. With all that I've gone through these past four years, I really wish I had someone to tell me those things. People can't carve themselves into tiny boxes like I did: you have to spread a net and see what you bring in. And school is NOT cheap. I wish I had applied to more scholarships so I wouldn't have to worry my mother so.

The beautiful campus, the atmosphere of higher education... To me, La Sierra represents a new beginning. After my abysmal experiences in high school and the community college I received my Associate's from, I think attendance at such a prestigious academy will do wonders for me.

Kelsea

Senior status Kelsea: I have whizzed back through the portal of time three years. I have come to give you tips about how to make the next critical chapter of your life at college more financially settling. Taking four semesters off of school was a beneficial decision because you were able to learn an ample amount about working life and communicating in a career setting. You strongly developed diligent working habits that will be advantageous throughout your journey through academia and places of employment. In addition to these useful habits you acquired you also obtained abundant amount of cash. You were distracted by negative peer influences and unnecessary material possessions. So continue through with your decision to take a break because when you do enter college you are more prepared and appreciative of the opportunity. One major change could make alter the certainty of your financial situation throughout the start of your educational pursuit, this change requires a concept you will find foreign-saving. You are making about 20,000 a year and have very few financial obligations. Make a practical percentage to put away for savings each paycheck and stick to it.

Monica

If I was able to go back into time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to go to Sanford Brown to complete their Veterinary Assisting Program because after high scholl I knew what I wanted to be but I just didn't know of any schools that offer any program for veterinary assisting or technician. So I had spent a semester looking for a college then another semester in community college. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with community college but I feel that I had wasted time to find at great school. I would also tell myself to make sure that I study had and keep up the great work I am doing. Other than that I wouldn't change anything that happened to me. I have learned from my mistakes and problem I had and I am now working hard to finish this program. With that I am proud of what I have done even if it took me longer to do it.

charmae

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to get a job. I would tell myself to get a job so that way I could have money saved up for a car, to live on campus , and to have money to pay for my school books.

What I consider the best thing about my school is that it is private . The great thing about La Sierra University being a private school is that students do not have to fight for their classes or worry about taking them at a later time. The classes would always be available with enough room for students who need them, when they need them.

What I wish I would have known before I came to this school was that the dorming price had to be due a month before school started and that it was $2,000 dollars.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.