Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Loreal

La Sierra University is like one big family that studies together, prays together, plays together; it is a very close-knit community that helps you realize your mission, as part of a private Christian university, to do more than just earn a degree, but to serve other people.

Hello younger me! First things first, study a lot more! Get in the habit of studying for longer periods of time and not just "looking for the answer to homework or test questions", but actually learn, read, soak it in. For each hour of class time, you're supposed to spend 2 hours of studying. Create good habits, especially good eating ones! You do not want to gain the freshman 15! Learn to have a daily workout schedule because it not only makes you look good, but feel revitalized and refreshed. Socialize! College will be a very social period of your lifetime as you have to not only make friends that will help you through classes and activities, but to make long lasting relationships. Humble yourself because you, yourself, & I won't get you through college.

I wish I had known that they accept AP course credits from high school. It would have helped me get rid of my English classes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stay focused and give everything I do my best. I would tell myself to never give up cause anything is possible. Also the school work may take up a lot of your time and get frustrating at times, but stick with it and dont give up. Try your hardest and you will succeed.

Olusegun

My advise as a high school senior and first year college student is learning not to take nothing for advantage. I see each life circumstance as a step toward the development and construction of a strong character poised for success, regardless of the situation. I have refused to give up where some of my friends have and been rewarded for my efforts. Each stumbling block, roadblock, detour or closure serves a purpose and offers a window of opportunity to learn more about myself and the world I live in and will leave me better prepared.

Having been born into a Christian family, where upholding moral values was a priority, I seek out and appreciate other places where the emphasis is on Christian morals and values. I owe my approach to life and achievements thus far to a strong base and belief in the Christian faith. My orientation growing up was to live a purposeful and service-filled life as a humble and loving leader. I am especially interested in maintaining this orientation and strengthening it so that I may better understand and thus cultivate a life that is focused on purpose, service and leadership.

Cynthia

If I could go back to my senior year and give myself advice I would definitely tell myself to build a stronger habit of studying. First of all finishing all of my homework for the next day and, if possible, starting on homework or projects that will be due later on. After, at least taking two hours to review and study the notes taken that day for each class. Also, always reading the chapter for the next class beforehand, to be prepared for discussion or lecture. Finally, another important piece of advice would be to build the habit of reading. These are three major points of advice that I see are very critical in the continuation to higher education. I see it very important to start these habits before college so that the transition will not be too abrupt. College is about being dedicated and giving priority to what is important, and it is always good to be on top of things rather than procrastinating.

The cafeteria food maybe. It is almost always the same food, we need different options.

La Sierra University has the best Business Program and great Christian principles.

samantha

I would have gotten a job WAY before college and would have worked as much as possible over the summer to save up for books and gas.

I wish that i had known how financially difficult it would be at a private school. But mostly i wish that i would have known about the lack of entertainment and clubs that a college is suppose to have. But i love pretty much everything else about the school!

The worst thing is the lack of social clubs and that there is no culinary major or classes at this school.

kayla

First of all breathe. Yes, you are almost finished with high school and you fought dilegently to get here. You should be proud. Now think. Deep down inside you know what it is you love to do. Stop doubting yourself and go for it. The sooner you do, the happier and more satisfying your college experience will be. I know you're feeling anxious about leaving your friends and family back home, but trust me it gets easier. Much easier. You'll be busy meeting new friends and making memories that will last well past graduation. While your still in highschool, though, there are a few things you should do. 1) Apply to the colleges and universities that interest you. Look not only at what majors and minors they offer, but also at what type of lifestyle and culture they accomodate. Find a good fit. 2) Financial aid. Sounds daunting right? Don't worry, its easier than you think. Fill out the FAFSA and apply for all the grants and scholarships you can find. They're out there, trust me. Finally, 3) Set a goal for yourself and always work toward it. Don't give up. You'll be fine.

This school cares about its students' needs and interests. Classes such as snowboarding, scuba diving, and novel writing are offered even if only a handful of students attend. It is also easy to get the classes that you want and the registration process is simple.

This school is not for people who do not enjoy city life, or religion/spirituality.

Hae

Do what you enjoy. Don't worry too much about which major or classes to take. Learn practical things. Leave options open. Have fun. Be healthy.

Open-minded education, Christian morals, and personal encounters

Someone who is against Christianity, service, or liberalism.

Kennya

Nothing. My parents always pushed me to my limits. Ever since I learned about college I made sure everything I did during school some how will help me in college. Being the first generation in my family to actually attend college set a higher bar for me to become successful. Throughout high school my goal was to get good grades so I can attend college and prepare myself on how college is going to be by taking hard classes. There is nothing I can think off that I should have done differently.

The only thing I wish I learn before attending this college is when taking science classes the teacher requiers to purchase more things for the class beside the extra charge in tuition in order to take the class. I felt like every little thing we had to do in that class cost us. If i knew about those charges I would have started saving money during middle school.

The kind of students who should not attend La Sierra University are party people. Students who are more interested in the college life, like college parties, than the purpose of going to college which it is to learn, will not fit in. La Sierra has an amazing learning environment and the last thing that will come to mind is slacking off.

victoria

My classmates are friendly and considerate of others.

My classmates are friendly and considerate of others.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, i would give myself a lot of advice. I would tell myself that college is very different than high school. That the teachers aren't behind you making sure you have done our work. That eveything is left to you to complete. I would say to myself that college is fun, and it is very easy to be distracted. I would also tell myself to make sure that I go to all my classes, and that I can't be missing as much as I did in high school. If i could go back in time to give myself advice as a high school senior, Would give myself a whole lot of different advice, but what i would say is the most important is not to procrastinate.

I think that everyone should attend La Sierra University. It is a great school for everyone to come to.

Gaea Jamine

The students in La Sierra seem to have God in their hearts and actions.

The students in La Sierra seem to have God in their hearts and actions.

La Sierra University is known for its long lasting foundation (since 1920) as an accredited college and Christian school. It inspires students to learn more about God and have his guidance through many different career paths they can take.

Gaea Jamine Umalil, my dear, apply for as much scholarships as you possibly can ahead of time in order to reduce the debt you may have. Also, make sure to not forget about Mathematics, you will need it in your placement test. Trust your instincts and it will guide you though life.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.