Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Cynthia

If I could go back to my senior year and give myself advice I would definitely tell myself to build a stronger habit of studying. First of all finishing all of my homework for the next day and, if possible, starting on homework or projects that will be due later on. After, at least taking two hours to review and study the notes taken that day for each class. Also, always reading the chapter for the next class beforehand, to be prepared for discussion or lecture. Finally, another important piece of advice would be to build the habit of reading. These are three major points of advice that I see are very critical in the continuation to higher education. I see it very important to start these habits before college so that the transition will not be too abrupt. College is about being dedicated and giving priority to what is important, and it is always good to be on top of things rather than procrastinating.

The cafeteria food maybe. It is almost always the same food, we need different options.

La Sierra University has the best Business Program and great Christian principles.

samantha

I would have gotten a job WAY before college and would have worked as much as possible over the summer to save up for books and gas.

I wish that i had known how financially difficult it would be at a private school. But mostly i wish that i would have known about the lack of entertainment and clubs that a college is suppose to have. But i love pretty much everything else about the school!

The worst thing is the lack of social clubs and that there is no culinary major or classes at this school.

kayla

First of all breathe. Yes, you are almost finished with high school and you fought dilegently to get here. You should be proud. Now think. Deep down inside you know what it is you love to do. Stop doubting yourself and go for it. The sooner you do, the happier and more satisfying your college experience will be. I know you're feeling anxious about leaving your friends and family back home, but trust me it gets easier. Much easier. You'll be busy meeting new friends and making memories that will last well past graduation. While your still in highschool, though, there are a few things you should do. 1) Apply to the colleges and universities that interest you. Look not only at what majors and minors they offer, but also at what type of lifestyle and culture they accomodate. Find a good fit. 2) Financial aid. Sounds daunting right? Don't worry, its easier than you think. Fill out the FAFSA and apply for all the grants and scholarships you can find. They're out there, trust me. Finally, 3) Set a goal for yourself and always work toward it. Don't give up. You'll be fine.

This school cares about its students' needs and interests. Classes such as snowboarding, scuba diving, and novel writing are offered even if only a handful of students attend. It is also easy to get the classes that you want and the registration process is simple.

This school is not for people who do not enjoy city life, or religion/spirituality.

Hae

Do what you enjoy. Don't worry too much about which major or classes to take. Learn practical things. Leave options open. Have fun. Be healthy.

Open-minded education, Christian morals, and personal encounters

Someone who is against Christianity, service, or liberalism.

Kennya

Nothing. My parents always pushed me to my limits. Ever since I learned about college I made sure everything I did during school some how will help me in college. Being the first generation in my family to actually attend college set a higher bar for me to become successful. Throughout high school my goal was to get good grades so I can attend college and prepare myself on how college is going to be by taking hard classes. There is nothing I can think off that I should have done differently.

The only thing I wish I learn before attending this college is when taking science classes the teacher requiers to purchase more things for the class beside the extra charge in tuition in order to take the class. I felt like every little thing we had to do in that class cost us. If i knew about those charges I would have started saving money during middle school.

The kind of students who should not attend La Sierra University are party people. Students who are more interested in the college life, like college parties, than the purpose of going to college which it is to learn, will not fit in. La Sierra has an amazing learning environment and the last thing that will come to mind is slacking off.

victoria

My classmates are friendly and considerate of others.

My classmates are friendly and considerate of others.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, i would give myself a lot of advice. I would tell myself that college is very different than high school. That the teachers aren't behind you making sure you have done our work. That eveything is left to you to complete. I would say to myself that college is fun, and it is very easy to be distracted. I would also tell myself to make sure that I go to all my classes, and that I can't be missing as much as I did in high school. If i could go back in time to give myself advice as a high school senior, Would give myself a whole lot of different advice, but what i would say is the most important is not to procrastinate.

I think that everyone should attend La Sierra University. It is a great school for everyone to come to.

Gaea Jamine

The students in La Sierra seem to have God in their hearts and actions.

The students in La Sierra seem to have God in their hearts and actions.

La Sierra University is known for its long lasting foundation (since 1920) as an accredited college and Christian school. It inspires students to learn more about God and have his guidance through many different career paths they can take.

Gaea Jamine Umalil, my dear, apply for as much scholarships as you possibly can ahead of time in order to reduce the debt you may have. Also, make sure to not forget about Mathematics, you will need it in your placement test. Trust your instincts and it will guide you though life.

Laura

I would tell myself to go to withdraw my application from the University I attended after graduation and spend a year or two at my local community college. I learned that the quality of college experience and education relies more on the student's effort than the school in so many ways and that community college better prepares most students for the extra challenges of 4 year Universities. While many people may look down on community colleges, the education I received from my professors, classmates, and co workers in my time there has drastically changed my goals, my ethics, my ability to perform well at a higher level of education, and myself as a person. I wish I had realized this sooner.

Raymond

Believe in yourself, and work every day as if you are the hardest studying student on campus. Don't worry about not knowing what you want to do for the rest of your life, or what you want to study for the rest of your college career. Just go into college and study what interest you the most, its OK to figure it out along the way. Just make sure as you work through college, you have a goal and you work towards the goal. If the goal changes along the way its OK. Just be sure to work towards something and if you do, you will achieve the greatness you are hoping for. Lastly, do not worry about working while in school. Focus on your education and if you need to take school loans, thats OK. Get the scholarship and grants you can, then focus on your studies. I worked through my first three years of college and it was very difficult to stay awake during class. During my last year I was taking all my upper division scinece classes and did not work and it was very easy. So save the work for after college.

La Sierra University allowed me to focus on my education, without loosing my strong spiritual faith. Attending La Sierra University allowed me to open my mind to furhter educaitonal possibilities. Prior to attending La Sierra University, I had no interest in any graduate school programs. Upon the completion of my bachelors degree, my mindset changed to, "were am I going to graduate school?"

Evelyn

I believe that the most valuable experience I have gained while attending La Sierra University is the importance of helping others. It does not matter where I’m on campus there is always someone helping somebody else. From professors to students, students to professors, even faculty, we are a family and we enjoy helping each other. I was also lucky to see this through the SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise) team. As we work on projects for competition, we help others in our community and even in third countries such as Haiti. Our passion to help is not so that we may win a trophy, but so that we may be able to make a change in the world; we strongly encourage others to do so as well. We believe that by helping others we may create a butterfly effect and help the world become aware of the situation others live in. I can truly say that being here in LSU has increased my understanding of the value of helping those in need. I can truly say that LSU has changed my life, and now I can help make a change in the World!

I believe that the best thing about this campus is its people. Faculty and students are very courteous and loving. It's heartwarming to know that when walking through campus people will smile and greet you even if they don't know you. Also, because when help is needed they are there to help instead of judge. I've had an experience where I fell due to black ice on the road, students who were around, rushed to help me. They were all worried and seriously concerned about my injuries, this is something very rare to find at other schools.

What I brag about the most with friends about La Sierra University are my professors. I'm an accounting major and I'm extremely thankful for having the professors I have. They are all very outstanding and loving people. They truly care about us and our future. To them we are not just another student but an opportunity to help us succeed in life. I also brag about the fact that they are all overqualified. They teach because they like it not because they need the money. In fact, most of them are very successful CPAs and/or business owners.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.