Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Raymond

Believe in yourself, and work every day as if you are the hardest studying student on campus. Don't worry about not knowing what you want to do for the rest of your life, or what you want to study for the rest of your college career. Just go into college and study what interest you the most, its OK to figure it out along the way. Just make sure as you work through college, you have a goal and you work towards the goal. If the goal changes along the way its OK. Just be sure to work towards something and if you do, you will achieve the greatness you are hoping for. Lastly, do not worry about working while in school. Focus on your education and if you need to take school loans, thats OK. Get the scholarship and grants you can, then focus on your studies. I worked through my first three years of college and it was very difficult to stay awake during class. During my last year I was taking all my upper division scinece classes and did not work and it was very easy. So save the work for after college.

La Sierra University allowed me to focus on my education, without loosing my strong spiritual faith. Attending La Sierra University allowed me to open my mind to furhter educaitonal possibilities. Prior to attending La Sierra University, I had no interest in any graduate school programs. Upon the completion of my bachelors degree, my mindset changed to, "were am I going to graduate school?"

Evelyn

I believe that the most valuable experience I have gained while attending La Sierra University is the importance of helping others. It does not matter where I’m on campus there is always someone helping somebody else. From professors to students, students to professors, even faculty, we are a family and we enjoy helping each other. I was also lucky to see this through the SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise) team. As we work on projects for competition, we help others in our community and even in third countries such as Haiti. Our passion to help is not so that we may win a trophy, but so that we may be able to make a change in the world; we strongly encourage others to do so as well. We believe that by helping others we may create a butterfly effect and help the world become aware of the situation others live in. I can truly say that being here in LSU has increased my understanding of the value of helping those in need. I can truly say that LSU has changed my life, and now I can help make a change in the World!

I believe that the best thing about this campus is its people. Faculty and students are very courteous and loving. It's heartwarming to know that when walking through campus people will smile and greet you even if they don't know you. Also, because when help is needed they are there to help instead of judge. I've had an experience where I fell due to black ice on the road, students who were around, rushed to help me. They were all worried and seriously concerned about my injuries, this is something very rare to find at other schools.

What I brag about the most with friends about La Sierra University are my professors. I'm an accounting major and I'm extremely thankful for having the professors I have. They are all very outstanding and loving people. They truly care about us and our future. To them we are not just another student but an opportunity to help us succeed in life. I also brag about the fact that they are all overqualified. They teach because they like it not because they need the money. In fact, most of them are very successful CPAs and/or business owners.

Esmeralda

I believe with the education I have recieved I can "hit the floor running". The college is very hands on experience and I enjoyed the courses, and since every course taught a different subject I was able to recieve information of all the aspects of the Criminal Justice Major. I believe that every day I learned something new, and the instructors where willing to go over the same subject to make sure that I understood, even if that meant staying a little after class was over. I believe I found my passion in Forensics after taking the course than whati originally went to school for, probation, because of the experience I recieved from that course.

During my time at Laney College I have been pursuing a degree in theater arts, I have acted in one play and have done sound design for another. Gaining this experience of working in a theater as an actor and as a sound designer has helped me pursue my dreams of becoming a future artist in the Bay Area. While attending Laney College I was able to take part of an opportunity that would take myself and fourteen other students to Edinburgh,Scotland to perform our show Polaroid Stories by Naomi Iizuka at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this upcoming August. To get there we have needed to raise $60,000 for airfare and festival payments. Gaining support from our community has been a challenge, but at the same time a great learning experience. What I have learned from trying to fund-raise all this money is to never give up on my dreams, when it either comes to our large goal or to my own personal goals of continuing my education in theater for the coming years. I will cherish my years at Laney College as some of the best of my life with the experiences it has given me.

Rebekah

At the beginning of every semester I began a new day in a new classroom with new people. I believe that my ability to cope with my surroundings, meet new people, and have a good time learning. I learned that it is better to make friends, rather than acting closed off and shy. Most of all, I learned how to survive. College isn't just a place where I come and go to, only coming to learn and then get out. It's where I lived and interacted. My friends were there and my teachers where there. It was more than just school or college and after I realized that, it became the most valuable experience I could ever have.

Janelle

My classmates will help others with any given situation.

My classmates will help others with any given situation.

My school is best known for being a Seventh Day Adventist school.

Being in college has been the best experience of my life so far. I have people from all over the world, China, Brazil, Mexico, and many more. I have learned to be more independent and to always believe in myself from now on. I have learned time management; I am a full time student, I play for the softball team, and I work. While doing all of that with school, I still find out to hang out with my family and friends. Without the love and care from my family and friends, I would not be who I am today. It is valuable to attend college because this is the time to learn from my mistakes to help me with my future. I love that I am on a mission with other people who I can relate with in school. School is a place where you can truly expression who you are and what you stand for. Here you are treated with a great amount of respect and I am free to be who I am. Everyone should go to college!

kristine

Very diverse, probably the friendliest studentes you will ever meet. Very spiritual and accepting of others.

My classmates like to help each other out if someone is struggling or if clarification is needed. Very good at keeping discussions going, and also accepting of other people's views; while still being able to have a clean debate.

I have found myself with Christ and continue to grow as a person spiritually. The history professors are great, the science professors are great, very friendly and challenging. I've had a lot of support while being on campus, both from friends and from facutly!

Kendall

It is a Seventh-day Adventist University and it is close to my hometown.

It is a Seventh-day Adventist University and it is close to my hometown.

What I appreciate most about La Sierra University is their willingness to allow students to make their own life decisions, while providing guidelines and reasonable restrictions to keep students safe. Furthermore, the educational and emotional support on campus is phenomenal. Faculty, staff and administration are consistent in helping students succeed and making their time and experience here worthwhile. Since attending the university I have received a higher appreciation for education and I have grown to value knowledge more than ever before. I find myself excited to open books and read, because I know that the information I gather will be of great use to me in the future. The knowledge I attain will also empower me to educate others, which La Sierra University encourages everyone to do. Giving back to the community and countries abroad is a major emphasis on campus and students that partake in these opportunities are well equipped for the position.

Everyone is encouraged to and does express their individuality. In addition there are many opportunities to become involved at the school and in the community. The faculty, administration and staff also promote developing a stronger relationship with Christ and Christian living. The business department at the university is very strong and prepares so many students to enter corporate America.

Jemima

Attending college has been a very valuable but a roller-coaster ride experience. I always wanted to work in the medical field so I started with NOVA, but the process was too long and I needed to work in order to cater for myself at the age of 18. Whiles working, I came across a brochure that ECPI College of Technology sent me and I thought that I could maybe register in the Practical Nurse Program in order to get a head start in my medical career as I originally planed. I started without a car, but with hard work and favor, I obtained a car after a few months of struggling. I then I had to take a leave of absence after a few months because I needed to pay a sum of money and I could not. I, however, went back this fall and things have been stable. There's still a lot I have to pay so that is why I have applied for this scholarship. I am a girl wiho wants to make a difference in her life and in others so please help me to make the difference by accepting my application for this scholarship.

Kaitlin

Success. The one word that is most highly sought after by all human beings on the face of the Earth. The one word that describes, in fact, the base desire and goal of every person alive. The success of a baby is merely to be born, the success of its mother to give birth. Success is defined by a toddler to grow it's first tooth or to take it's first step. Later on in life, success takes on a different meaning - to learn, to grow, to experience new things, to make a name for one's self, to enjoy living. For a student, to succeed means to pursue and attain a higher education. College for me opens doors that I never even realized were there before. As a shy former-homeschooler with five siblings and not too many friends, attending college has been challenging in the sense that I must meet meet rigorous academic standards. I have done so, and have learned so much about myself- that I want to be a teacher and share the joy of learning about mitosis and the Constitution and algebraic functions. I have tasted my success in college... the success of learning.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.