Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Mariel

My school is very open to all, whether they're of a different religion or background, anyone who wants to be there will most likely be accepted.

Some classmates are determined to get A's others get lazy and are fine with B'sm, so there is a mixture of the motivated and the unmotivated.

My college experience is full of ups and downs. I've been through the stressful final weeks and the daily quizzes of science classes. But I have also been through the feeling of getting everything done and off my shoulders by completing and getting everything done on time. La Sierra University will always be known as my first college that I have attended and it will probably be the best. LSU was the beginning of my college life, where I continued to build my character and beliefs. I believe that I will forever carry and cherish what I have experienced there. Not only are the classes valuable but the friends made in the classes last a lifetime. You experience something different in each class: in english class you learn to voice your opinions, in Anatomy class you learn different ways to memorize within your groups, in math class you learn to do your homework in class and learn from the lecture at the same time. Each class at La Sierra has given me the opportunity to find ways of how to do well in that class by myself. LSU is a great school to attend and is of great value.

Erika

In the short time attending a university it has been a great experience. I have learned that things you want in life don't always come easy. You might just have to work hard to get to the point you want to reach. For example while you sit in class and listed to the teacher lecture you must take what information he is giving you and understand it in the best way you can. It has also shown me that if you try to slide by you may not make it the real world. You should be prepared for anything that happens to you good or bad.

In the shhort time of attending La Sierra university i would say the best thing is the small class sizes. it is a greater advantage and you have more flexibility with the teacher and students. the small classes let the teacher get to know the student more than one who has over a hundred students. when you go to the teacher and ask for help they will be familiar with you. also, you get to know people and you may have them in other classes. lastly you can be confortable asking questions and get a betyter explanation from the teacher.

I would have to say the pre-foundational courses. they dont count towards your credits but do count towards your GPA. it doesnt make sense to have. they should let us go staight intpo college courses. if we do good thats great but if we do bad thats on us. they should at least let us try. what if we did bad and we aleready know what we are doing but stuck in that class unless you retake the placement. we should be able to decide what we want to take and deal with the consequences if there is any.

Courtney

I was accepted into Shawnee Community College as a Junior in high school. Since then, I have accumulated nearly a third of the required 64 credit hours to earn an Associate's Degree. SCC offers dual-credit courses through the high school I attended. Without these classes, I would be starting from scratch most likely in the Fall of 2010. I also took a Psychology telecourse in the Spring 2010 semester. During the Summer 2010 semester, I am signed up to take a Bookkeeping class online and Sociology as a telecourse. SCC offers transferrable degrees; this allows students to get a jump start on their education, without the high tuition of a university and lets them make the transition from full-time high-school student to full-time college student a lot easier by staying close to home for the first couple of years or so. Since I took advantage of this opportunity, I can graduate in only one year with my Associate's of Applied Science degree and continue at the university of my choice.

Ryan

My college experience has taken me out of my comfort zone and forced me to tackle challenges I otherwise would not have attempted on my own. These challenges have helped me grow both as a student and as a person and prepared for me a future full of high expectations and quick deadlines. I will be forever greatful for the opportunities my education has afforded me and anyone who helped me along to way to persuing my ultimate career destination.

Katie

I have learned the valuable skills of time management. This has helped me with my studies and has allowed me to do stuff that I like to do. I have grown with my personal values and stuck with them.

I like how on weekends you can go out and hang with your friends at the beach for a beach vespers.

It is a great campus with very nice teachers and students.

brittney

I had both of my boys at a young age and was unable to provide for both of them without the help of others. This is the main reason I decided I had to attend college. Attending college has been the best thing I could have done for both myself and my kids. I can now provide the best possible life for my family without the constant struggling and depending on others to fulfill my responsibilities as a mother. Its the best feeling in the world to know your kids will always be taken care of.

Lindsey

My college experience has enabled me to grow internally not only intellectually but also emotionally. I have learned and trained my mind to higher levels that I never knew I could done if I had not attended college. I am fascinated by learning and continue to obsessed with new technology in programming and art, as well as business trends and theories I never new existed. I also have found that through my college experience, I have discovered myself in terms of leadership, friendship, growing my self-esteem and confidence, and trusting others. I have had wonderful professors who come to work daily hoping to teach the future leaders of America. When I saw their enthusiasm, I became even more excited and felt more responsible to earn my education as an investment in myself. I am truly grateful for having the opportunity to learn because so many children and young adults as well as older adults do not have this opportunity in third world countries and even in America. I want to take my skills and concepts I've learned and help make America and the world better.

Alejandro

I have met some really nice people. I have learn more about my future career as a chiropractor. Its been a value to me because instead of staying at home doing nothing I was doing something to make sure I have a better future. I haven't got much out of my college experience so far cause I've only been there for two quarters but I am sure the longer I attend the more I will get. I am already thinking about doing some social work later on and am sure I will do more work as I spend more time in college. From my college experience so far I have realize that I want to do something to make the world a better place and I probably will learn how to change the world the more I stay in school.

The worst thing about La Sierra University is that it is expensive.

People who don't believe in God because La Sierra University is a Christ centered University

Cecille

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely have some words of wisdom to say. Being a university student in my sophomore year I believe I have come a long way from being a senior in high school. Moving over two thousand miles away from home allowed me to become more independent. It made my skin thicker, but not before I became extremely homesick. I would tell myself that the transition from moving away to attend college would be my biggest challenge because it was against myself. I would also tell myself maybe to enjoy the college life more. I was so absorbed in my academic life that I believe I let some social aspects fall aside. Yes studying is very important but college is also about living in the now, and have some fun. Looking back now, I can see how much I've grown over two years. So yes I though the transition was difficult it was well worth it to see where I am now.

It is unique because it is a faith based school. Being faith based I find that the school is more friendly and more compatible to my morals and my beliefs. It is also a rather small school compared to the big universities. I like it because the class sizes are smaller and the professors actually know you're name. It feels like La Sierra University is one big extended family.

I wish I knew what I really wanted to do before I came to this school. I practically switched my major after my first quarter because I learned that I didn't want to continue with that path. But i'm greatful for La Sierra University because it showed me what I really was passionate for, and what I actually wanted to do with my life.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.