Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Kaitlin

Success. The one word that is most highly sought after by all human beings on the face of the Earth. The one word that describes, in fact, the base desire and goal of every person alive. The success of a baby is merely to be born, the success of its mother to give birth. Success is defined by a toddler to grow it's first tooth or to take it's first step. Later on in life, success takes on a different meaning - to learn, to grow, to experience new things, to make a name for one's self, to enjoy living. For a student, to succeed means to pursue and attain a higher education. College for me opens doors that I never even realized were there before. As a shy former-homeschooler with five siblings and not too many friends, attending college has been challenging in the sense that I must meet meet rigorous academic standards. I have done so, and have learned so much about myself- that I want to be a teacher and share the joy of learning about mitosis and the Constitution and algebraic functions. I have tasted my success in college... the success of learning.

Jonathan

Going to college has been the best thing i have ever done in my life. I would have already had at least two degree's by now, but i hit a little detour. I joined the Army and did that for 8 years, so that is why i am still in school at my age. College has shown me how people can help on another at any age, and how it is like a community within a community. I am not only gaining the knowledge that will help me in my career, but i gaining valuable friendships that will last a life time. It also helps that the people responsible for teaching me are some of the brightest and caring people. College has given me the tools to be really successful when i finally start working as a nurse, but more than that it has taught me how to really care for people.

A person who is all about their self and who does not look at helping others as a good thing, but instead as a chore.

That it has the best professors in the state! And with it being a religous school, the support you get from the school and other students is remarkable.

Daveon

I've leaned how to be a responsible human being. I've learned that education is very valuable and that if I want to get the best out of this experience I must work hard and remain focused. I've also learned that with a good education, I can achieve all my goals in life.

I consider the small population the best thing about my school, La Sierra University. It gives me more one on one time with my professors.

Any person serious about receiving a good education.

Mariel

My school is very open to all, whether they're of a different religion or background, anyone who wants to be there will most likely be accepted.

Some classmates are determined to get A's others get lazy and are fine with B'sm, so there is a mixture of the motivated and the unmotivated.

My college experience is full of ups and downs. I've been through the stressful final weeks and the daily quizzes of science classes. But I have also been through the feeling of getting everything done and off my shoulders by completing and getting everything done on time. La Sierra University will always be known as my first college that I have attended and it will probably be the best. LSU was the beginning of my college life, where I continued to build my character and beliefs. I believe that I will forever carry and cherish what I have experienced there. Not only are the classes valuable but the friends made in the classes last a lifetime. You experience something different in each class: in english class you learn to voice your opinions, in Anatomy class you learn different ways to memorize within your groups, in math class you learn to do your homework in class and learn from the lecture at the same time. Each class at La Sierra has given me the opportunity to find ways of how to do well in that class by myself. LSU is a great school to attend and is of great value.

Erika

In the short time attending a university it has been a great experience. I have learned that things you want in life don't always come easy. You might just have to work hard to get to the point you want to reach. For example while you sit in class and listed to the teacher lecture you must take what information he is giving you and understand it in the best way you can. It has also shown me that if you try to slide by you may not make it the real world. You should be prepared for anything that happens to you good or bad.

In the shhort time of attending La Sierra university i would say the best thing is the small class sizes. it is a greater advantage and you have more flexibility with the teacher and students. the small classes let the teacher get to know the student more than one who has over a hundred students. when you go to the teacher and ask for help they will be familiar with you. also, you get to know people and you may have them in other classes. lastly you can be confortable asking questions and get a betyter explanation from the teacher.

I would have to say the pre-foundational courses. they dont count towards your credits but do count towards your GPA. it doesnt make sense to have. they should let us go staight intpo college courses. if we do good thats great but if we do bad thats on us. they should at least let us try. what if we did bad and we aleready know what we are doing but stuck in that class unless you retake the placement. we should be able to decide what we want to take and deal with the consequences if there is any.

Courtney

I was accepted into Shawnee Community College as a Junior in high school. Since then, I have accumulated nearly a third of the required 64 credit hours to earn an Associate's Degree. SCC offers dual-credit courses through the high school I attended. Without these classes, I would be starting from scratch most likely in the Fall of 2010. I also took a Psychology telecourse in the Spring 2010 semester. During the Summer 2010 semester, I am signed up to take a Bookkeeping class online and Sociology as a telecourse. SCC offers transferrable degrees; this allows students to get a jump start on their education, without the high tuition of a university and lets them make the transition from full-time high-school student to full-time college student a lot easier by staying close to home for the first couple of years or so. Since I took advantage of this opportunity, I can graduate in only one year with my Associate's of Applied Science degree and continue at the university of my choice.

Ryan

My college experience has taken me out of my comfort zone and forced me to tackle challenges I otherwise would not have attempted on my own. These challenges have helped me grow both as a student and as a person and prepared for me a future full of high expectations and quick deadlines. I will be forever greatful for the opportunities my education has afforded me and anyone who helped me along to way to persuing my ultimate career destination.

Katie

It is a great campus with very nice teachers and students.

It is a great campus with very nice teachers and students.

I have learned the valuable skills of time management. This has helped me with my studies and has allowed me to do stuff that I like to do. I have grown with my personal values and stuck with them.

I like how on weekends you can go out and hang with your friends at the beach for a beach vespers.

brittney

I had both of my boys at a young age and was unable to provide for both of them without the help of others. This is the main reason I decided I had to attend college. Attending college has been the best thing I could have done for both myself and my kids. I can now provide the best possible life for my family without the constant struggling and depending on others to fulfill my responsibilities as a mother. Its the best feeling in the world to know your kids will always be taken care of.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.