La Sierra University

« See more reviews of La Sierra University

My college experience has taken me out of my comfort zone and forced me to tackle challenges I otherwise would not have attempted on my own. These challenges have helped me grow both as a student and as a person and prepared for me a future full of high expectations and quick deadlines. I will be forever greatful for the opportunities my education has afforded me and anyone who helped me along to way to persuing my ultimate career destination.

think about the environment that you want to be in, what your main focus will be when you go to college and whether or not you want to go far from home. dont make your decision based off of where your parents went to school, or how much the school cost, where you friends will be attending or anything like that because in the end it will be you that has to spend 4-6 years at this school: not your parents or your friends.

Do as much research as neccessary before making up your mind on which college to attend, and once in school, surround yourself with positive people; people that you know will not make you slack off throughout the school year, people that will encourage you to do your best; usually, these kind of people are also fun loving and can balance out both fun and work. If neccessary, find a part time job (on campus)!

Visit the schools you want to go to and spend a day there getting a feel for the place, the people, the teachers and the buildings. The environment is a big part of feeling comfortable at a school for me. A liberal arts school is really worth it to be able to have a broad knowledge of life as well as a major in a specific field. Dorming is a good thing, atleast for a couple years.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stay focused and give everything I do my best. I would tell myself to never give up cause anything is possible. Also the school work may take up a lot of your time and get frustrating at times, but stick with it and dont give up. Try your hardest and you will succeed.

Make sure you look at your interests. Don't make base your college choice on where your friends might be going. the best thing for you might not be the best thing for them. When you separate yourself and spread your wings you'll come into your own and discover who it is you are. Choose a school that will benefit you socially, academically, and mentally.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to get a job. I would tell myself to get a job so that way I could have money saved up for a car, to live on campus , and to have money to pay for my school books.

If I knew the things I know now, I would advice myself to apply for more scholarships whenever I had the chance or save as much money as I can. I have realize that it is very hard to concentrate on my schoolworks when I have to worry about paying off my bill, or else I wouldn't be able to register for classes.

Gaea Jamine Umalil, my dear, apply for as much scholarships as you possibly can ahead of time in order to reduce the debt you may have. Also, make sure to not forget about Mathematics, you will need it in your placement test. Trust your instincts and it will guide you though life.

I've leaned how to be a responsible human being. I've learned that education is very valuable and that if I want to get the best out of this experience I must work hard and remain focused. I've also learned that with a good education, I can achieve all my goals in life.