Hayward, WI
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College

Kendra

I love this Community College. The advisors and academic officers are always around to help with whatever needs you have. I started this college back in 2005, been in and out of classes through the years. I recently came back this spring 2018 to finish up my Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts. So I can move onto AODA certificate and finish Associate's Degree in Human Services. My focus is to get my degree in Human Services because I was planning on becoming a Substance Abuse Counselor in the near future.

Matthew

It is an excellent college that emphasizes culture and academia. Its a great opportunity for both native and non native students to get a start towards transferring into a four year university or getting an associates degree in a relevant degree. It is a very personal and interactive experience with excellent professors and faculty that make it a great experience.

Julie

I love it at LCO Ojibwa Community College!! The cultural experience I am getting is worth more than money!! Everyone is so welcoming. I immediately got a job as a tutor and work in student services. The nursing program is wonderful and classes are small. I am extremely grateful for my decision to attend here.

Cassidy

Cultural Disorganization. In everything and all things involved with the L.C.O. Tribe the excuse of running on Indian Time prevails. The end result is that each entity provides the next with peritent information on THEIR time schedule. This causes a domino effect of missed time deadlines and neccessary information being lost.

Cultural Embracement. In all aspects of my dealing with the L.C.O. Community I have always found that most individuals will do what ever they can to make everyone feel welcome and wanted.

The number one piece of advice that I would give my High School self is to show up no matter what. When we avoid school for several reasons (ie. High School isn't relevant to real life, the teachers "hate" me, being picked on, etc.) we've already lost more than half the game. High School ISN'T about learning history, algebra, etc. it's about learning to be a productive member of society. On the job, we need to learn to get the job done regardless of everyone else, we can't keep a job if we're perpetually absent, we have to get along with others even if we don't fit their clique.

Dorothy

How much at home I feel here because I am from Grand Portage, Minneasota.

How much at home I feel here because I am from Grand Portage, Minneasota.

Go to college as soon as you graduate,don't wait until you are 43 years old.You can still get married and have children and work if possible. Lessons are better understood when you are younger. And being out of school for a long time makes it much harder to get back into the swing of things.

I am enrolled in the outreach program of LCO Ojibwa Comm. College.This is a wonderful place it has small classes and the instrutors come to this site in Hertel, (St. Croix Tribe).It incorporates the Native American culture into all of our lessons.

Clarita

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take the SATs and ACTs and go to college right after high school. Because I chose to work and not go to school right away and it?s not easy. Living on your own and trying to make ends meet is a struggle and its stressful. The transition for the first week or two is going to be rough but once you get the hang of it everything flows like it should. And you can do it no matter what anyone else says you can. There are a lot of people out there and in your life that would love to see you be successful and live a fufiling life. So just jump in and get it done.

brandy

my school is fun, easy classe, nice people, and lots of help.

my school is fun, easy classe, nice people, and lots of help.

study hard in classes and start saving money for school and gas and get a job

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.