Painesville, OH
Lake Erie College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Erie College

Kaila

I love it! I wouldn't have came to learn at this school if I did not feel that it was a 100% fit for me! My favorite part about this school is how "homey" it feels, I love walking past the same people everyday and learning names, I love the food, and absolutely love my classrooms and my educators!

Nadia

I enjoy Lake Erie College. It's a very small school but there is a lot to participate in on campus and many places to walk or drive to off-campus. We have a great equestrian facility and it is pretty awesome that there are majors in the area like equine facility management. We are a NCAA Division II school and our campus is mostly comprised of athletes. Every is very friendly, especially to outsiders. It does snow a whole lot since we are in the snow belt. This makes the small campus very convenient. I would say the campus is beautiful. If you want a more personal experience in the classroom and would not like to walk further than ten minutes to class, then this is the place for you.

Jason

If I could go back in time to talk to myself while I was in my last year of highschool I would tell myself that it is extremley important to prioritize. Yes having a good time is part of being in college, but when you have finals coming up and you have yet to study you will regret going out when you could have been studying. Set dates that you have to have papers or work done by. If you set the dates and abide by them, you will not be as stressed when your due dates are right around the corner. Transitioning to college, you will not have anyone watching over your shoulder. No one will be there telling you that you have to do this or do that, you will be responsible for all the things that have to be done. Along with setting dates for schoolwork to be done, also set dates for payments that you have to make. Setting the dates will help you manage your time, your life, and help you be on top of everything important that is to come your way while you are in college.

A person that is not serious about furthering their education is the type of person that should not attend this school. If a person is going to hangout late and go to parties while they have a term paper due they should not come to this school. At Lake Erie the faculty care and make a bond with you to help prepare you for the future. If a person is going to take for granted the help that they have the ability to recieve they should not attend this school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the location of the school. There is not much to do with the relative location of Lake Erie. You can drive into Cleveland and spend the day there but that is a thirty minute drive. It is not in a prime location where everyday the normal person can have a day full of events. With that being said, you must be an outgoing person and have the creativity to make the best out of a bad situation.

Amber

I would have applied for more scholarships. I would have also taken more AP courses as well. I did not realize how beneficial both are to college. I feel that I was well prepared for college but, it would have been nice to go having more credits. I would have also told my high school self about going in with a major I can do anything with is very important.

It is small enough that it feels like a family and you get to interact with your professors. There is also a lot of activites to participate in on campus.

Someone that does not care about their education. Everyone is pretty devoted to their learning here.

Students do not interact extensively in class; mostly they are commuters with average sort of backgrounds.

Don't lock yourself into a major. I attended an engineering school only to find that I wanted greater variety. So, as great as a school looks, don't be afraid to ask questions to the current students, look around and think about being there for four years, but remember that it is only four years. Last night my mother said to me that now is the time in my life to go out on a limb and try something new. If that means moving to California and going to a school there, so be it. Adults with careers don't just pick up and move. The opportunity is in front of me, so go ahead and take it. I would also say, be a little braver. High school was tough and college will be tough too, but for different reasons. Just don't be afraid of the changes and challenges. And again, go ahead and change your mind five or six times about what you will study. Very few 18 year olds can picture their life clearly twenty years from now.

I don't brag. I am looking forward to leaving this spring to attend a different university. I would say I compain more about the lack of professionalism and the low expectations.

Last year as a high school senior I was already taking college courses as a post-secondary student so I felt like I was well prepared for this years classes. I would have told myself to remember to stick to who I am and always try my hardest. College is a lot about tranistions and meeting new people. I would tell myself to be social and become involved in many clubs and activites and meet new people but I would still need to remember to make time for studying for finals. I would also like to tell myself to push myself as far as I can in order to achieve my goals.

I wish I knew more about applying for scholarships.

I believe that any one is welcome at Lake Erie! There are so many clubs, sports and activites for students to be involved in and feel like belonging.

Cheryl

I think my classmates are very diverse and because it is such a small campus, it is a lot easier to connect with more people because no matter what event you go to on campus, you'll know at least one person.

I think the biggest advice I would give to myself as a high school senior would be to put myself out there more and try new things and to be more open-minded. Over the course of this year, I think that has gradually happened, but if I'd have known that before, and if I had had that confidence in myself from the start, I think my entire first year of college would have been different. Not being so self-concious probably would have let me enjoy this past year more, as opposed to always worrying about what people thought of me. Coming to a school where no one knows you, means you have a fresh start and you can start where ever you want to. I made the mistake of not letting go of my high school self, which was always so worried and stressed and taking things too seriously. It is important to be serious and mature at times, but sometimes you just need to let go and have some fun and make friends and just relax.

Before I had come to Lake Erie College, I wish I had known more about the different programs offered on campus and I wish I had known more about the student life on campus. I feel like I have learned a lot about these since being in college for a year now, especially about campus life, but I would still like to learn more about the different programs offered on campus so that maybe I could explor more of them as well.

Alan

I would advise myself to explore what make you happy not neccessarily money or income. Seek out every day as a awesome opportunity to make a difference in the world. Realize that you have to stay on the right path in which, includes balancing fun with your studies. I would say to keep feeding your self-esteem and look at problems as positive challenges and struggles as merely bumps on the road. Always stay in touch with the people that support you for the right reasons, for example, your family and close friends. Keep a unbreakable foundation by never stop believing and know and live out your christian faith. Remember that the choices you make know do matter and they will come back to affect you in your present life. Be accountable for not only your success but also your failures. Tell yourself you learn more out of failures than you do if everything went "smooth" all the time.

Roger

Class sizes are small so it's pretty easy to develop relationships with other students. It's common to see the same faces everyday

Save money because books are extremely expensive. Keep contact with advisors and good people in the financial aid office.

A future student will fit in very well if they have plans on playing a sport or being involved in the equestrian program. They make up the majority of the student body

David

Lake Erie College is best know for Equestrian and now Athletics. Lake Erie College has one of the largest high quality Equestrian centers in the United States. The Equestrian team has recently won a national championship. In addition, Athletics has become a huge part of the college. It has increased its athletics team by eleven since 2007, and switching from Division 3 to Division 2. Football was added in 2007 and is now in the strongest conference in Division 2, the GLIAC. Lacrosse was also added in 2009 and is also in the strongest conference in Division 2.

If I were to go back and talk to myself I would tell myself to be more outgoing, study even harder, and get faster. I wish I would have been more outgoing freshman. I was a very shy person and hardly anyone knew who I was. Once I changed that, I could not walk to class without seeing ten people who knew who I was. Being outgoing will help you make many friends and make college much more interesting. Even though I have a 3.56 GPA, I want to be considered the best. Studying even more could have changed that 3.5 to a 3.7 or higher. The thing I always have wanted to do the most was get faster for football. It is the one thing i regret most, because with my height (6'4") speed could change everything at my position. I wish I would have started lifting a lot heavier on my lower body and trained to get faster a lot earlier, because now it is too late.

Lake Erie College is too small and boring. In addition, they need to improve on their athletic facilities. I feel we have some of the worst facilities besides our football weightroom. We have to share a field with a high school, and we do not even have an indoor track. Also, students needs to be allowed to BE college students. Lake Erie College tries to take away the fun we have on campus apartments. Student activities on campus also need to highly improve. We only have two fraternities which are very small and not attractive to be in.

Lake Erie College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.