Lake Erie College Top Questions

Lake Erie College is best know for Equestrian and now Athletics. Lake Erie College has one of the largest high quality Equestrian centers in the United States. The Equestrian team has recently won a national championship. In addition, Athletics has become a huge part of the college. It has increased its athletics team by eleven since 2007, and switching from Division 3 to Division 2. Football was added in 2007 and is now in the strongest conference in Division 2, the GLIAC. Lacrosse was also added in 2009 and is also in the strongest conference in Division 2.

My school is best known for its Equestrian program.

Pam

I believe Lake Erie is best known for progress - Lake Erie began as an all female school - and has progressed into a co-ed university. The college also has a diverse curriculum that was very attractive to me.

Sports, small atmosphere, equestrian program

Nouri

Prior to the college adding all of the athletic teams, Lake Erie College was known as one of the country's top equestrian schools.

Shalah

Equestrian program

Neil

Equestrian Studies

Sharon

My school is best known for its equine department.

Bridget

The equstrian program.

Kaleigh

My school has a big Equine program. We have had an excellant riding team. We have a brand new facility next to our barn and a new riding arena that is to die for. The trainers and professors are excellant as well!

I would have to say their equestrian program and health profession majors.

Zerina

Lake Erie College is best known for it's Equestrian program.

Hilary

it is best known for its equine and libreal arts

Mathiew

What the school is best known for is their equestrian program, from what I have heard Lake Erie College has one of the outstanding programs when it comes to equestrian programs. Girls/Guys come from all over the country to go to college here to ride horses. I would also have to say that people come to the college because of the academic's that the school has. Also I think that the sport programs have a little say in some students that come.

Monique

I am enrolled in the online program at my school. Based on the research that I have done they have great career placement and course completion rates.

Lake Erie College is best known for its equine studies. It takes pride in its program, which is one of the best in the nation.

timothy

Small town atmosphere. Smaller classes so you have more time with the professor's. School has been around since the 1800's. School used to be an all girls school, is now a co-ed school. Largest Majors: Biology, Business Administration, Education, Equestrian, Sport Management. Athletics: NCAA Division II Men's Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Indoor/Outdoor Track and Field, Women's Sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Indoor/Outdoor Track and Field, Volleyball

Equestrian Studies.

Probably the equestrian program and small class size. It is getting bigger, and a lot of students (including myself) don't like it. We are slowly getting to be known for our football team, and this college seems to have switched from academics to sports. The people that do academically well, it seems they are getting less financial aid, compared to the football players.

My school is best know for it's small size. If not for it's small size it would be known well for it's strong Equestrian studies. It should be known as a liberal arts schools by nature. However, because of it being very far out of the way it is most likely known for how unknown it is.

Lake Erie College is best know for being a small private college that holds academics in high regard. They focus on "getting in and standing out" as well. Students here feel that they are getting a great education.

taylor

How old the school is. It was also an all girls school for over 100 years

Right now, Lake Erie is best known for the recently added football program, and the recent move to Division II athletics.

Garrett

Lake Erie College is best known for it's equine-based majors and it's age.

It's Equestrian department and the fact that it used to be an all girl's school. At the moment the new football team is getting a lot of media.