Lake Forest, IL
Lake Forest College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Forest College

Clarissa

I find Lake Forest College to be a great school! There is plenty of opportunities for students to get involved and many forms of help. The only issue I find is having to pay tuition when coming from a lower income family. But other than that professors are great, easy to get a hold of and always willing to provide help to ensure full understanding. There are many clubs and organizations so anyone can find a place to belong. In my time there at the college going on 3 years now, have been fantastic. I have found myself building amazing bonds with not only my fellow peers but with mentors, leaders and higher school authority.

Alexandria

Talk more. It is scary, I know, but everyone is in the same exact boat as you. No one knows anyone here either and you just need to put yourself out there. Go up and talk to whomever seems cool or interesting and get to know them. Don't just stand in the background waiting for someone to come talk to you.

All of the opportunities given to us by both alums and the school. We have amazing study abroad programs and internship opportunities. Since we are right outside of Chicago the opportunities are endless.

Because of its small size I am given the opportunity to really get to know my professor and get one-on-one experience when needed. I am not just a number to either the professor or the school, I have a name.

christina

40% of the students are racially diverse, and it tries very hard to be inclusive to groups of non-white communities. There are a fair amount of cultural events, and there are a number of forums where non-white students have outlets to communicate about what is bothering them without bias. Additionally, 40% of the students are from Chicago/are native to the area. The college is one hour away from Chicago via metra, but that means safety from inner-city violence, while still being able to explore.

1. Dining cards should be spent wisely or perhaps even budgeted. It sucks when you're in finals week and out of money. 2. Make sure you have a bright desk lamp because when it starts getting dark at 5pm you will lose all motivation. 3. Romance is leisure: don't expect it, don't want it, but don't ignore it if it happens. 4. Read your school's handbook: This will inform you about hidden fees and policies. 5. Start saving all the journal articles you read into a file. At some point one will be perfect for whatever you're writing and if you don't have it saved, you'll spend hours browsing google (and still might not find it). 6. Get a room near a bathroom and water fountain. If you don't, you will never drink, and you'll put off bathroom trips. 7. Give yourself a Netflix/Tumblr "time allowance" or you'll never stop. 8. Don't be lazy: take the time to find scholarships. 9. Pick the major that interests you, not the one you think will get you a job. 10. Allow yourself a candy bar now and then.

A lot of the students here are fairly spoiled. This is a rich area in the community, and I've had roommates complain to the moon and back about how their parents wouldn't give them X or Y. It's rough because I'm paying for college myself, and it's annoying to hear someone be ungrateful when they're being given handouts that their parents aren't required to provide. Also, it gets freezing cold because the school is a ten minute walk from Lake Michigan.

Maritza

I would tell my high school self to start reflecting on my what I enjoy doing more seriously and see what kind of characteristics within my hobbies could turn into a career possibility. I would start to think about aside from a job, what else do I want to accomplish. I would tell my younger self to really do the research and always ask questions everytime I visited a school or considered a career path/major. I would also tell myself to join as many clubs as I could while in high school and to get a job while in high school too; that would have helped in college. Basically I would have told myself to say "yes" more istead of "no" because I did miss out on opportunities to have fun and to learn because of my shyness. I now understand that everything I thought and felt; the nerves, the doubt, the fear, everyone felt them. Though some let it stop them, some didn't and I did let them stop me from doing so much and breaking out of my shell. It's important to challenge yourself not only acadmically but socially as well. Just get out there!

The financial aid department at this school is really helpful and really does care about the student. I have been to other schools in the past and I have never experienced better, helpful, and professional assistance with financial aid than with Lake Forest College. They truly want to help, they make the financial picture extremeley clear and easy to understand, and the fiancial aid/packages at our school are very helpful and generous. We have great scholarships available because of local wealthy donors and alumni that maintain connections with the school.

I tell my friends the locations in which my school is located. Lake Forest is known for being a quiet, safe, well educated, wealthy area and these qualities are important for various reasons. The fact that we are sorrounded by wealthy families and intelligent individuals helps the school gain more recognition and we become recipients of generous donations by private and local donors. It is a quiet, safe, and beautiful making the drives to school nice; it's a beautiful campus. We have a lot of resources with our partnership with the city for student internships/jobs within the city.

Nancy

Lake Forest College is a place of opportunities where students can grow to become culturaly sensative with an outstanding education and prepairdness for their future career.

Ever since my first campus visit, I knew that Lake Forest College was going to become my second home. In compare to other schools that I considered, Lake Forest College has a small population of students and more opportunities for me to get the experience that I need so that I can become prepaired for my future. Being able to work in a small community allows me to gain confidence to take the initiative and participate and speak with my professors. There are also a lot of study-abroud optins that I can take to travel and gain more knowledge.

Dear Nancy, first of all, thank you for taking this moment to read this letter. I know that you are probably very busy trying to finish all of your eleven college applications and on top of all ofthat, dealling with the stress of being a big sister. The time you have sacrificed is worth it. Dont feel pressured and dont fear rejection because YOU ARE GOING TO COLLEGE.

Marikathryn

I would tell highschool me that college is worth it, and it is so different from highschool. There is less drama, more challenges and it is a place you will want to be. You have these big, beautiful dreams kid, but you have got to smarten up and quit worrying about the people and stuff around you. Pick your grades up , get back on track. Also, that boy you are dating, there will be many after him, so do not let him get you down in a funk because he breaks your heart. You are a smart girl, you can do it, despite what you are being told by your so-called, self-appointed friends, and parents. I would know, I am you and I am still standing here, working my way to where I, we, want to be.

Do not be over confident when arriving to college just because you have been a part of a very rigorous college preparation program because college will have a different structure and will require some time to get used to. Remember that no things are ever the same, high school may be preparing as best as possible but, it will never show you exactly what your college will be like because there are so many colleges out there that none of them are structured the same way. Perhaps you are well prepared in handling large amounts of workloads in a short period of time and long term as well however, keep in mind that the curriculum will vary from one professor to another therefore, do not be so over confident and instead be nervous because if you are, when you arrive at college you will feel at ease once you see that it is just a matter of time in order to get used to the college life.

Someone who wants an opportunity to explore various career fields in order to fully embrace their final major.

Someone who is looking to be in a large college community, where there are huge lecture halls. Someone who wants to see the city and be a part of it wouldnt find that environment at this school because the college is small and away from a huge city.

Betty

Going back in time to when I was an high school senior I would give myself the advice of making sure to keep your grades up. Grades are the most important thing in school. Even in looking for a job when you graduate college they look back at your grades not just that you got an degree. Also be diligent, dont procrastinate. Putting things off in college is what causes you to stress out and not give the best quality of work you could have done. Dont just apply to one school, apply to all the schools that you thought would be interseting. You never know who might have wanted you there and given you a huge scholarship. most important be involved. Do things out of your comfort zone. Not getting involved and not getting to know people is something that will hurt you in school as well. It is always good to have at least one friend in every class just in case you might miss a day you have someone to cover your back. Most improtant always have fun, even in studying that way you never get board and learning wont be so hard.

Andrea

As a high school senior, I would force myself to make more of an effort to break away from my shy tendencies in order to succeed socially. However, I would emphasize the importance of utilizing the resources provided by the college. Most importantly, I would advise and remind myself that attending college is to help gain a better a future, a life different than the one I had struggling as a minority. Education is the most important goal while in college; therefore, my grades and my resume are what I should focus on during my four years. It is easy to forget why I am in school or why I have to wake up at 6 a.m. every day, but it is worth all the suffering and struggling. I would advise myself that it is okay to cry and get frustrated in hard times, as long as I always keep my head high. Finally, I would remind myself I deserve to be in school and I should be proud.

A very sociable and liberal individual.

Lake Forest College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.