Lake Forest College Top Questions

christina

40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students are racially diverse, and it tries very hard to be inclusive to groups of non-white communities. There are a fair amount of cultural events, and there are a number of forums where non-white students have outlets to communicate about what is bothering them without bias. Additionally, 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students are from Chicago/are native to the area. The college is one hour away from Chicago via metra, but that means safety from inner-city violence, while still being able to explore.

Nancy

Ever since my first campus visit, I knew that Lake Forest College was going to become my second home. In compare to other schools that I considered, Lake Forest College has a small population of students and more opportunities for me to get the experience that I need so that I can become prepaired for my future. Being able to work in a small community allows me to gain confidence to take the initiative and participate and speak with my professors. There are also a lot of study-abroud optins that I can take to travel and gain more knowledge.

Vey good professors.

Underestimated school, future secured through study abroad programs, internships and extracurricular activities.

It's very small, and somewhat close-knit. The alumni connections are awesome, and you can really go after your dreams and goals more easily, I feel.

The location allows students to have a small town campus feel while being very close to all of the resources and excitement of a big city, Chicago. The other schools I considered did not have the kind of resources of a big city.

It is placed in a suburb with a small town feel, very close to a large metropolitan area. This provides a safe and sheltering environment to come home to after exploring the city. An appreciation for outside activities in Chicago is cultivated and promoted at Lake Forest College. This mix of urban and small town is something very unique to Lake Forest.

great teachers with small classes. a small school where almost everyone lives on campus but you can easly get into the city.

The professors are very knowledgable and give students alot of personal attention. Lake Forest College is located in a beautiful area surrounded by forestry, ravines, and Lake Michigan.

The size and atmosphere. I really love the small, liberal vibe

This one offered the best scholarship programs

Derek

Small classes with Professor who care.

I only considered Lake Forest

Lake Forest College is unique because of its location, size, and diversity. Students come from all over the world to a small school that is relatively 1,400 students. They each bring with them different customs and ideas that help to inspire and teach their peers. The small size allows the teachers to have a high degree of interaction with students. This leads to a depper understanding of course topics. Finally, Lake Forest College is unique because it has a small school feel, but the opportunity to get down-town Chicago via train for fun on the weekends or internships

What is truly unique about this school is the attention students recieve from teachers when they show an interest in what they are learning.