Lake Forest College

« See more reviews of Lake Forest College

You need to prioritize to find the right college. My family didn't have a lot of money to spend, so I now attend a GREAT college that offers an excellent eduaction as well as fair financial aid and scholarships.

Try and talk to students in addition to just the people in the admissions office. They have an aggenda and are more likely to put a positive spin on everything

Make sure your child visits the college first. An overnight visit with a day of shadowing classes, eating in the caf, talking to students, is crucial!!

Go visit campuses you are interested in. Allow your child to spend a weekend as well as a Monday on campus to really get a good feel for it.

Visit all the colleges on your list. Most likely you will be able to feel the decision out. Choose where you feel the most comfortable.

Take introductory science classes in community college so you can take more advanced classes when you transfer to undergraduate school.

It will be alright. You will be happy, you will make friends, and you will figure out what you want to do with your life. Don't worry.

Make sure to visit the college before attending it. You can get a very good sense of the place by simply being in it.

FInd one that have people with different thinking patterns and go there. Thats what makes it interesting.

Take the time and come to campus and actually talk to students about their experiences on and off campus.