Benton Harbor, MI
Lake Michigan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Michigan College

Mary Ellen

My overall opinion of Lake Michigan College is that it is good for a Junior College. Most of the faculty is willing to work with students when approached, and do a fairly good job at teaching in the classroom. The only drawback is the lack of the traditional "college experience".

Courtney

Lake Michigan College is an excellent school to chose from for a degree. They have wonderful advisors who go out of their way to help you in any way possible. If you ever have a question they are excellent about answering your question as quickly and as informative as they can.

Lexie

I've had wonderful professors--I mean phenomenal. They are some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Other than that, the campus sucks (pardon my French). I have not had a good experience other than with the professors. Other staff such as campus housing directors and student life directors have been horrible and not helpful. I've experienced discrimination. They tried very hard to not accept me into the dorms based on the fact I have a therapy pet. Then, I had to move out of the dorms because faculty was banging on my door late at night and making accusations. My needs and wants have been ignored. For me, the environment is hostile. I would never recommend anyone attend LMC. I would rather higher the professors to tutor or teach me and make sure that I don't have to deal with the difficult and uncooperative faces of the school.

Dyesha

Nice quiet campus with lots of places to sit and study.

Nice quiet campus with lots of places to sit and study.

Maya

Overall it is a good school. It is a community college, so there are more adult/older students, part-time students, and people who aren't really sure yet what they want to do. My Intro to Criminal Justice instructor was knowledgeable and helpful, and I enjoyed hearing different speakers and visiting criminal justice settings (like the jail). We did not focus much on academics - so the class was easy and enjoyable, but maybe not enough preparation for harder classes. The campus is kind of outside of town, so you cannot walk to restaurants or stores between classes.

Yasmin

My first year experience at Lake Michigan College was pretty great overall. The teachers are nice and they want students to succeed in their classes and they are always available for help. The staff at LMC are friendly and make you feel welcomed at the school. Its a great school to go to if you want to succeed and feel like there are people that care about your academic success.

Agenda

The type of person who doesn't want to live in the nice dorms and doesn't want the free food on Tuesdays.

The type of person that wants to live in the really good dorms and wants the free food on Tuesdays.

The thing I consider the worst about my school? Well, it requires a bit of explanation. I live and attend a campus quite close to my current house, and while it's convenient it sure isn't as great as the dorms on the Benton Harbor campus. Those dorms are nice, and reasonably expensive. But they're so far away. And, apparently, I cannot switch campuses halfway through. So I guess I just really hate that I can't live in the nice dorms AND attend classes on the same campus. (Because I can't just live in the dorms- I don't have my license yet and I don't think I can walk all the way from my campus to the dorms in one day.

Chokwe

I feel that Lake Michigan College, otherwise dubbed as "LMC" is a great small college for someone wishing to get a degree and either stay with your associates or bachelors. Or move on and move into bigger and better things with your major, the people are all friendly and since it's a small college you before more intertwined with the staff. I would definitely recommend it for someone going back to school after many years off, due to just how accessible the college is.

Cody

Lake Michigan college is a great college to get an inexpensive start to a long educational future! By attending this college, I am saving over $60,000 for my degree! As for how the college itself is, I appreciate the atmosphere. The teachers are laid back, and all of the students seem to have a personality unlike any other.

I attended lake michigan col

I attended lake michigan col

Lake Michigan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.