Benton Harbor, MI
Lake Michigan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Michigan College

Emalee

This is not the school for me, someone else may really enjoy going here but I don't like the layout or the classrooms at all. Out of the six classes I have had I only enjoyed two of the professors. It's a cheap school but I feel like you get what you pay for.

dana

Lake Michigan College is a decent community college to go to, it's a good school to get your associates degree at and then transfer to a university. I do like how the class room sizes are small because I am able to ask the questions I need. I do wish there was more things going on such as activities on campus, theres not much to do.

Serra

This is a great College for someone looking to save some money. As for student life there are limited events and activities. The facility has what it needs, but lacks in some areas. If you want food expect outrageous prices just for the convenience for not having to drive. Limited major options, but overall decent facility, with decent professors.

Abigail

LMC is a great place where you can get your basic classes done if you want to transfer to an university or 4 year college. You can get a basic degree depending on what you want to study. The teachers and students here are nice. There are advisors you can talk to for figuring out what classes you need to transfer or get a degree.

Lake Michigan College is a school that cares about student needs, whether it be academic or social, and is suitable for just about anyone.

Dear High School Me, Do as much as you can in this last year of high school! In college, you get pretty busy and can't do as much as you'd like, so do all you can now! School spirit should always be a top priority along with going to all the sporting events possible, even if they're at the opposing school. Everyone says you won't see most of your classmates again or your relationships won't be the same, and believe it or not, it's true! In college you have a new start, so don't worry too much about all the drama high school brings. It's typical for seniors to slack off, but it will be worth your while to study harder than you ever have before. It's important to already have developed study techniques for the road ahead of you. Most of all have fun! This last year will go by in the blink of an eye, so make every moment count.

I think anyone is able to attend this school. If you have physical or mental disabilities, there are people who are there to help. Also, if you're above average or below average in your school work, there are specific classes suited for you. There are student activities weekly and also sports. It isn't very large, but it is a good start for schooling in most degree fields.

kristina

I would say to myself research more into the current major choice you have chosen. I spent the first 2 years in college dead set on one major until I discovered it's an extremely tough field to get into and most that go into it are unable to get the job they actually went to school for. If I had known this there is a good chance I’d be done by now and in a desired job. I choose a different one for job availability and because I feel I'll like it equally as much. I'd also say try harder and the future believe it or not gets better. It's always darker before the dawn.)</

Haley

My classmates are great! Most of them are like me, a hard working student. I know I can work with them and ask questions. I can tell a handful of students don't really want to be in class though.

I would tell myself that it is hard to motivate yourself to do work so keep it up now.

I tell them that the professors are pretty cool, and the people I've meet in my classes are awesome. I also tell them that the work isn't exhaustingly hard.

Ellie

Lake Michigan College is small, caring, and dedicated to our future success.

Lake Michigan College is small, caring, and dedicated to our future success.

Lake Michigan College is best known for saving money while also getting a great edcucation. People talk about the small class sizes and how that helps you get the one on one attention from each and every teacher. There's not a single instrcutor who is just there because they need a place to teach. They are there because they care about or future and our success in the real world after college.

ashley

Lake Michigan College has small class sizes that make it easier to connect with the instructor as well as other class mates. This offers a chance to getr a more individualised education.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing i would tell myself is that its never to early to start applying for scholorships and financial aid. Even when it seems like there is plenty of time to do it, graduation comes faster than you expect and when it does it becomes hard to find any scholorships still available. Always utilize the time you have and don't put things off for later when you could do them now because more times than not the longer you wait the less chance there is that it will get done.

The most frustrating thing about Lake Michigan College is that it is very difficult to find a place to park when arriving for my classes.

Makisha

I love the small classes.

I love the small classes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition. I would tell myself that the best thing to do is to go to college right after high school. Waiting years after you have completed high school to go to college can be very challenging. You know that saying, “if you don’t use it you’ll lose it.” Well it’s true! If you wait several years to go to college you may have to take refresher courses before starting classes toward your degree. I have noticed that going to college in my later years is very overwhelming; you have more responsibilities than you would have if you went right after high school. I have a family to take care of, I work full-time to pay bills that I have accumulated over the years, and to add homework & studying to my plate makes for a very long & tiring week. Only if I knew then what I know now, but it’s too late to complain. I just have to do what I have to do to better myself.

I don't have any complaints about my school. I really can't comment on the worst thing about my school because I travel to Benton Harbor, MI daily from South Bend, IN to attend my classes. I literally go & attend my classes and go home. They have a very nice campus & it's very organized.

Lake Michigan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.