Lake Michigan College

« See more reviews of Lake Michigan College

I don't have any complaints about my school. I really can't comment on the worst thing about my school because I travel to Benton Harbor, MI daily from South Bend, IN to attend my classes. I literally go & attend my classes and go home. They have a very nice campus & it's very organized.

I wish that they offered more flexibility for people who work 1st shift and have a full time job. I don't think that they offer as many internet courses as they could or Saturday classes. I think they could also have more evening classes for people who are working full time.

The staff. I have had many issues with dealing with the staff. From things like what classes I need to finish for my degree to financial aid. It seems that the younger generation get more assistance than the middle aged.

The lake that partially surrounds the school draws geese from around the area and they poop everywhere, especially on the sidewalk.

Lack of funding provided to the Machine tool program and pre Engineering curriculum.

The lack of classes to chose from really bug me. There is really no variety.

The availability of certain classes.

The thing I consider the worst about my school? Well, it requires a bit of explanation. I live and attend a campus quite close to my current house, and while it's convenient it sure isn't as great as the dorms on the Benton Harbor campus. Those dorms are nice, and reasonably expensive. But they're so far away. And, apparently, I cannot switch campuses halfway through. So I guess I just really hate that I can't live in the nice dorms AND attend classes on the same campus. (Because I can't just live in the dorms- I don't have my license yet and I don't think I can walk all the way from my campus to the dorms in one day.