Leesburg, FL
Lake-Sumter State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake-Sumter State College

LSCC is a small school but the teachers seam to genuinely care about their students.

LSCC is probably best known for it's small classes and caring teachers.

I would tell myself to get the best grades possible and enjoy my senior year. I would also tell myself that taking time off school after graduating is not a good idea.

Melanie

The age range of my classmates is very large; from 15 to 50. A lot of my classmates are adults who are going back to school to finish their degree or change careers.

I am at Lake Sumter as a dual-enrollment student, so it is unique in the way that they offer the program I am taking advantage of.

I am a high school senior, and I will be a college Junior next year at Florida State University as a first-time in college student. If I could give advice to other high schools seniors, I'd say to stay on top of the paperwork and not to get overwhelmed.

Glennise

That they have a direct connect to UCF. And that I can buy my books on there online bookstore. That I can choice a major other then general studies to use to tranfer to a University.

I would have either stayed that the first University that I went to and not move away. Or would have first went to a community college first and then tranfer because going from a university to a communiy college is bad on the financial aid. I would talk with my advisor more when chosing classes and not take so many hard classes at once. I would have listen to my parents a lot more than doing what I want to do. I would have kept my job. I would try to more friends with students and teachers so they can help me with my classes and to hve better socal life. By doing that, I would have study groups in every class.

Always take at least 2 classes every semester

Always take at least 2 classes every semester

This is a great school for working adults.

The only thing that I could say frustrates me is the selection of classes offered in the evenings. I would like to see more variety.

joe

A small community college for a up close really get to know your professor feeling!

DON'T STRESS! college isnt as hard as every high school teacher tells you it is! once you actully go you will learn that its everything you could ever want without all the restirctions of living at home. not to mention study for that college algebra exam a few months back.... haha....

the greatest thing about my school is the the way they treat their students. i am a dual enrolling senior in high school and the school pays for all my tuition, books and any other cost of the classes.

Melanie

Right now, I am a high school senior as well as a student of Lake Sumter. Rather than going back and talking to myself, the advice I would give other high school seniors would be to stay focused and be prepared for the transition, and apply early. Get all of your stuff organized and prepared for the mass amounts of applications you will be hit with at one time. The earlier you're ready, the more relaxed your transition to college can be.

Someone who is dedicated to their school work and looking for small classroom sizes should attend LSCC.

Arlinda

First of all, I would tell myself to "forget about the boys, serious relationships, partying, etc" and to decide upon which major I will be pursuing, and starting college. I would then tell myself to take four to five classes in the spring and fall, and two classes in the summer. I would go on to tell myself to do my homework and all class assignments, make full use of the tutoring and extra help that is available via the learning center, and if the work is still difficult, then hire a private tutor. I would take advantage of the student associations that are available, the work study programs, etc. I would avoid obtaining all unecessary debt, because there are various opportunities to receive scholarships, grants, etc..I would make full use to all that is available to me. In ending, I would tell myself that this is the best time to go to college, versus waiting until I am in my mid to late thirties to start, because if I go now, then I will have opportunities to finish college without the extra strain/stress of bills and other responsibilities.

The type of person that should attend this school, is a person that is serious about taking his/her life to the next level educationally and financially. One type of person that sticks out in my mind, is the single mother/father. Some single parents are stuck on a dead-end job with no opportunities for advancement. However, if their education is furthered at the undergraduate or graduate level, then they have a better chance at making the necessary monies to take care of their family, and putting something back for the future of their kids.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school, would be the type of person that is comfortable at his/her level of education and job level. Also, the type of person that shouldn't attend this school, would be one that is not serious about his/her education, one that is not disciplined enough to meet deadlines, and one that is the "party-animal" type. If he/she is a party animal, then he/she will not take the college experience seriously, therefore, depriving himself of an excellent opportunity.

Emilee

What's unique about my school is the fact that I can go to college and be able to live at home still. And the fact that there are three Lake Sumter Campus' that I can attend makes the expierence so much better.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I could make it on my own and go away to college. Tell myself to start the process earlier for applying to college so that I wouldn't have to stay at a communinty college. The transition process from high school to college is something that you don't have to be afraid of and nothing to be worried about.

The worst thing I consider about my school is the fact, that since I went to high school not five minutes away, I still feel like I am in High School and the only thing that has changed is the fact that I am having to pay for my education now.

Christin

If I could go back in time as a senior in highschool and give myself advice, I'd say school is as important as teachers make it seem. Highschool in every shape and form reveals what kind of collegiate you'll be. Considering you don't have to make your own scheduled classes, and teachers actually care if you're in class, respect their time and their passion for learning and teaching. College success is all up to you, so enjoy and absorb all that you can from adults that have already experienced life as you will.

Before attending theschool, I wish I had known the area better. Knowing your way around the campus and the surrounding area is essential to a student's independence and dependence. Relying on yourself is a guaranteed way to assure your on time to class, a study group, or even a near by job. As a young adult you can't always count on others to help, so its best to navigate around and do things for yourself.

At a university, it may be difficult for an incoming freshman to get used to the way classes are set up or the amount of people assigned to one class. As a college student you have to really strive for your grades, and literally hustle to get a great seat to understand and listen carefully to the professor. Nothing is easily handed to collegiates and there is no hand book on how to survive the college experience. This was my most frustrating situation and the pivotal point of weeding out, who wants to be there.

Lake-Sumter State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.