Leesburg, FL
Lake-Sumter State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake-Sumter State College

It is a very student-orienated and community involved.

It is a very student-orienated and community involved.

Known for the highest graduation percentage of students with AA or AS degrees. and They also have the highest graduation percentage for students with AA or AS degrees going on to get a BS or BA degree.

I would tell myself that if you aren't responsible in high school, then you are going to get confused and overly stressed out in college. You have to pay attention cause the teachers don't tell you to turn in the homework the next day. You are suppose to look at the syllabus and know when stuff is do.

Karman

My school is not only a great learning environment with small classroom sizes and professors who care about the student's, but it's always great in the fact that it looks out for the students first, everything else comes second.

The most important advice I would give myself is get help if you need it. There is absolutely no shame in needing somebody to work with you one-on-one on something you do not understand. Most college's have tutor's available in the library or learning center. Most professor's are also avaible to give help should you need it. It is much better to get help with a project or math problem than to fail the class. The person who does not get help , and is struggling the whole semester just barely making it, is actually is the one who should be hanging their head in shame. Every person has so much potential, but sometimes it takes another person to bring it out of them.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the classroom size. Most of my classes have less than 40 students each. With smaller classes, professors can spend more time on the individual needs of the students. I have received much one on one time with my professors and it has helped me tremendously.

LSCC is a small school but the teachers seam to genuinely care about their students.

LSCC is probably best known for it's small classes and caring teachers.

I would tell myself to get the best grades possible and enjoy my senior year. I would also tell myself that taking time off school after graduating is not a good idea.

Melanie

The age range of my classmates is very large; from 15 to 50. A lot of my classmates are adults who are going back to school to finish their degree or change careers.

I am at Lake Sumter as a dual-enrollment student, so it is unique in the way that they offer the program I am taking advantage of.

I am a high school senior, and I will be a college Junior next year at Florida State University as a first-time in college student. If I could give advice to other high schools seniors, I'd say to stay on top of the paperwork and not to get overwhelmed.

Glennise

That they have a direct connect to UCF. And that I can buy my books on there online bookstore. That I can choice a major other then general studies to use to tranfer to a University.

I would have either stayed that the first University that I went to and not move away. Or would have first went to a community college first and then tranfer because going from a university to a communiy college is bad on the financial aid. I would talk with my advisor more when chosing classes and not take so many hard classes at once. I would have listen to my parents a lot more than doing what I want to do. I would have kept my job. I would try to more friends with students and teachers so they can help me with my classes and to hve better socal life. By doing that, I would have study groups in every class.

Always take at least 2 classes every semester

Always take at least 2 classes every semester

This is a great school for working adults.

The only thing that I could say frustrates me is the selection of classes offered in the evenings. I would like to see more variety.

joe

A small community college for a up close really get to know your professor feeling!

DON'T STRESS! college isnt as hard as every high school teacher tells you it is! once you actully go you will learn that its everything you could ever want without all the restirctions of living at home. not to mention study for that college algebra exam a few months back.... haha....

the greatest thing about my school is the the way they treat their students. i am a dual enrolling senior in high school and the school pays for all my tuition, books and any other cost of the classes.

Melanie

Right now, I am a high school senior as well as a student of Lake Sumter. Rather than going back and talking to myself, the advice I would give other high school seniors would be to stay focused and be prepared for the transition, and apply early. Get all of your stuff organized and prepared for the mass amounts of applications you will be hit with at one time. The earlier you're ready, the more relaxed your transition to college can be.

Someone who is dedicated to their school work and looking for small classroom sizes should attend LSCC.

Arlinda

First of all, I would tell myself to "forget about the boys, serious relationships, partying, etc" and to decide upon which major I will be pursuing, and starting college. I would then tell myself to take four to five classes in the spring and fall, and two classes in the summer. I would go on to tell myself to do my homework and all class assignments, make full use of the tutoring and extra help that is available via the learning center, and if the work is still difficult, then hire a private tutor. I would take advantage of the student associations that are available, the work study programs, etc. I would avoid obtaining all unecessary debt, because there are various opportunities to receive scholarships, grants, etc..I would make full use to all that is available to me. In ending, I would tell myself that this is the best time to go to college, versus waiting until I am in my mid to late thirties to start, because if I go now, then I will have opportunities to finish college without the extra strain/stress of bills and other responsibilities.

The type of person that should attend this school, is a person that is serious about taking his/her life to the next level educationally and financially. One type of person that sticks out in my mind, is the single mother/father. Some single parents are stuck on a dead-end job with no opportunities for advancement. However, if their education is furthered at the undergraduate or graduate level, then they have a better chance at making the necessary monies to take care of their family, and putting something back for the future of their kids.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school, would be the type of person that is comfortable at his/her level of education and job level. Also, the type of person that shouldn't attend this school, would be one that is not serious about his/her education, one that is not disciplined enough to meet deadlines, and one that is the "party-animal" type. If he/she is a party animal, then he/she will not take the college experience seriously, therefore, depriving himself of an excellent opportunity.

Emilee

What's unique about my school is the fact that I can go to college and be able to live at home still. And the fact that there are three Lake Sumter Campus' that I can attend makes the expierence so much better.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I could make it on my own and go away to college. Tell myself to start the process earlier for applying to college so that I wouldn't have to stay at a communinty college. The transition process from high school to college is something that you don't have to be afraid of and nothing to be worried about.

The worst thing I consider about my school is the fact, that since I went to high school not five minutes away, I still feel like I am in High School and the only thing that has changed is the fact that I am having to pay for my education now.

Lake-Sumter State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.