Sault Ste Marie, MI
Lake Superior State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Superior State University

Jamie

People think Lake State is a back up school, and only the students who didn't get into other universities go there. I personally got into many large state schools and ended up transferring because i wanted small class sizes and more opportunities to get involved

Rosario

Rosario, I have top-secret information for you, you don’t have to know what you want to do with your life going into college. You may believe you do because your friends and family ask you this many times and expect you to know, but you don’t. Going into college you should be looking for all the opportunities and possible options that may be available for you. You don't need to be in a rush to choose your life's work. What you need to do is discover what you like. You have to work on things you like if you want to be good at what you do. It may seem that it will be easy to decide what you like, but it’s actually difficult, mainly because it’s hard to get a real-life picture of what most jobs actually are like. Being a doctor is not the great drama life of Grey’s Anatomy. To figure out exactly what these jobs are like or more importantly what you will love, use college to explore different academic fields while taking your general education. Use college as a time to find your true calling.

Lake Superior State University is for anyone who enjoys having a lot of personal attention from the staff. This small school makes it easy for a student to find help with anything without much of a hassle and it is guaranteed that by the end of their first semester they will feel like they are among family. The school also tries to give the student as much hands on experience as possible; if a student wants to start their own research project, or work as an intern, the faculty will try their best to place you in a great position.

Of Lake Superior State University I find the most frustrating thing to be how difficult it may be to schedule classes in order. A lot of the courses, especially if you are double majoring in two separate fields as I am, collide time slots. This little aspect can make it difficult to graduate in four years, but I don’t really mind spending a little more time in the beautiful campus of Lake Superior State University.

Byron

Hacer buen uso del tiempo para tener exito en nuestra carrera y calificaciones, Seleccionar la especialidad y cursos que sean de nuestro interes participar en actividades extracurriculares. Aprovechar todas las oportunidades positivas que senos afrescan para mejorar nuestra vida professional.

Rochelle

Lake Superior State University is great if you desire a close relationship with your professors and collegues, due to the small class sizes.

Lake Superior State University is best known for it's Fire Science Program, Criminal Justice Program, and and Wildlife and Fisheries Program.

If I could go back in time as a High School Senior, I would tell myself to be more outgoing, involve yourself with more activities, talk with more people, and not care what other people perceive you as.

Breanna

The greatest piece of advice to give to myself is to put more attention and care into grades. They really do matter. Not only in getting accepted to college, but to get more in scholarships. Also, attending more after school programs and clubs, playing sports, and getting invloved in things like Yearbook staff and Prom Committee really do help. Not only do they help you in gaining experience in working with groups and making friends, they look really good on scholarship applications.

The worst thing about Lake Superior State University is the location. It is located in a small town with not much to offer for recreation, and the winters are very very cold. Since the school is so small, you might end up going to school with people you know, from high school, and the campus is so small that you might constantly run into people you don't like. There are only two dorms, one for males and one for females. You will probably know everyone in your dorm, or at least everyone on the same floor.

Someone who wants to attend Lake Superior State University should be someone who appreciates small class sizes, a very small campus and professors who actually know you by name and care about seeing you succeed. They should want to major in something like nursing, criminal justice, biology, fire science, or business, because these majors and programs are what the school is known best for. They should also enjoy knowing most of the students they are in class with, because there are only about 3000 students attending LSSU.

Going to college this fall as a sophmore in college I already feel like I have learned so much. Living on campus has opened my eyes to a variety of things that I had never delt with before. Growing up in a small town you know every one's name and their life story. Going to a new school, I had to meet new people and doing so I learned a lot about cultures that I had never thought about before. For example, my room mate was Dutch and I learned about the food their culture likes to eat and some of the traditions they had. I feel like it was very benificial for me to college because of not only what i learned in my classes, but what I learned from the girls I lived with. I will be able to take the knowledge I gained from the classes taken as well as experience in communicating with others. College helped me become the young and responsible adult i am today. with out it I would still neglect other cultures and the importance of education.

It's a very friendly place to be, all of the staff is wonderfu and happy to be around. The Proffesors are willing to help during office hours or set up a time to meet if you need help or have questions. They have all the amenities you would need on campus, but if your looking for an off campus trip they have a free shuttle to any where in town. Campus is small and every thing is simple to find. I love Lake Superior State and I wouldn't even think about changing schools.

The worst thing about Lake Superior State University is that you are not able to live off campus until your a certain age, considered as an independent student, have a disability or have completed so many years of schooling. In some ways living off campus can be cheaper, I always have so much food left over at the end of the year that i have to just use on food I don't want. I could have saved that money for something else.

My school is fun, very hands on, and has great teachers to learn from who have many years of experience.

My classmates are very easy to get along with and are willing to help anyone at anytime.

I have learned manythings from my first year of college that has helped my grow into the person that I am today. I have learned many valuable life lessons along with many pratcal things that I need to know for my intednted major. College is extremely important for not just me, but for everyone to attend, especially if you are going away to college. Going away to college has tought me to take care of my money, own up to my actions, and take responsability for my school needs. I have learned to become independent. That is very important to me as well.

Rebecca

Lake Superior State University is best known for being a small town university. It is a close-knit community and majority of the people what work at or attend the university are locals. You get a sense of home and comfort at LSSU.

I have attended a year of college part time. When I went to school it was ten years ago. I wish I would have been older and had more real life experience. I am returning to school now because I want more out of life. My children are school age and now is an ideal time to go back. I beleive it will be valuable to go back to school now because it will allow me fulfill my career goals and life asperations.

I wish I had known to start my application process and scholarship search earlier.

My college experience has, above all, taught me to have faith in myself and take initiative when I'm unsure of what path to take. I've made efforts to "get myself out there" and try new things, meet new people, to lead clubs, and become a more worldly and well-rounded person. It's amazing the places I have gone and things I've done once I've let go of my fears. Going into college, I was a nervous high school graduate, now, after only a year, I have witnessed a transformation of myself into a self-assured young woman. I look forward to growing and changing even more and coming into my own as I move on the path of life, and my college experience will help keep me on that path. College has been extremely valuable to me as it has set the stage for me to succeed in any endeavor I choose to take on.

Kelly

I have gotten so much from my college experience at LSSU. I have met so many new people and made a lot of lifelong friends. I have had so many fun times at school. I have become a much stronger and independent person since I've come to college. I do things that I feel is right for me. I have learned so much about myself also. I have learned I am a shy person and it takes a bit for me to warm up to people. I have also learned that I can do anything I put my mind to. I have also learned so much academically. I took 17 credits my first semester. It was quite a load but I learned how to manage my time between studying and having fun. I would never take back my freshman experience at LSSU. I have met a lot of great people and have learned so much about myself.

I wish I would of known how difficult it really is when being away from home for the first time. I was very excited when I first came to LSSU, but I didn't realize how hard it would be also. It's almost 4 hours away from my hometown, so I do not go home very much. I miss my family and friends a lot. It has taught me though how to be more independent and also I have become more of my own person.

I feel the worst thing about LSSU is the lack of diversity. There is some diversity, but not as much as I would of hoped for. I love meeting new people and I wish there were more foreign people or people from out of state. I feel like I would learn so much more if there were a wider range of people at my school. I would learn more about other cultures, and also about myself.

Lake Superior State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.