Sault Ste Marie, MI
Lake Superior State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Superior State University

Caitlin

I have obtained a great deal of knowledge so far from my college experience and it is only the beginning. I have come to conclusion that all of the skills in high school that I was taught , being on time, be very organized, and to pay attention in all of my classes, have definatley paid of so far in my college adventure. It has been incredibly valuable to attend college because it is so far the outline to my life helping me to decide what I want to be and where I want to go. I love my college experince.

amanda

I have become a better student and learned to work hard to reach my goals. It's been valuable for me to attend becuase I've learned that slacking off gets you nowhere and you have to work hard to get things in life. LIfe isn't easy and you can do anything that you set your mind to. With an education you can go anywhere you want, you just have to work for it.

there are unique sports that i never knew existed. its right on the border or canada and really close to the international bridge so you can see it in class which is really neat.

Lake Superior State University is known for their awesome division one hockey team, their small campus, their nursing program, fire science program and their fisheries and wild life programs. They are also known for their banished words list that comes out every year on January first. This list has all of the over used words from the previous year that should no longer be used in the English language.

Knowing what I now know about college, the advice that I would give would be very important. The first bit of advice that I would give would be to breathe, everything is going to be ok. You will miss your home, family and friends, but so will everyone else. Do not worry you will see them again. Stay organized. Do not learn this the hard way by loosing important papers, essays, and homework. Take the time to make a file for each class and other important things. Make sure that you fill out your planner and keep on top of your homework, do not let yourself slip behind. Make sure that you go and talk to your professors; they are willing to help you succeed. The more that you talk to them, the more they will do to help you improve your grades. Make sure that you use the tutor programs at school, do not worry everyone else is using them too! Make sure you set aside time for studying. That is very important. The last thing you should do is make sure that you are having the best time of your life, these are the best years!

The best thing about my school is the small town atmosphere! I love it when I can walk down a hall and a professor knows me by name and will stop and ask me how my classes are going. I love that I am more than just a number and a face in the crowd. I think that is important in education, you need to feel welcomed and that you belong and Lake Superior State University does that. I fell welcomed all of the time.

Samuel

Small personal college where students get to know one another and the classes are taught by the professors not graduate assistants.

I would tell myself that college is a blast, but the level of homework and study time increases dramatically from high school. Stay caught up on homework, don't put assignments off until the end, only work in groups where you know the other members have the same grade goals as you do, and party only on the weekends because it messes up your study time if you party during the week. Join groups or activities that you find interesting, it is the best way to make friends. Participate in dorm activities, become friends with your roommate and finally take advantage of the opportunities that college life offers whether that is visiting speakers or college athletic events, student tutors or extra review classes with professors. Remember college is a place to learn not only stuff for a future job but also to find what it is that interests you.

The size. LSSU has only about 3500 students which allows the teacher to student ratio to be excellent. Having difficulty in a class visit the learning center and sign up for a tutor, they're free and they know their stuff. Finally, the rec. center. I live across the street from it and I am able to lift weights, swim, and run everyday. LSSU's hockey team plays its home games here and it a super facility.

Brooke

One thing i wish i knew about college was how important it is to stand on your own. Many people say 'you must know who you are before you leave for school,' yet they dont also tell you how being away from your family can be lonely and it is in those moments you are made or broken.

If i could i speak with myself, i'd suggest that i make time to call home more. I didn't realize that my family would miss me as much as i missed them. I would remind myself that it's ok to need help and don't be afraid or ashamed of who i am because college is full of all kinds of people. The important thing is to not lose myself in the crazy workings of a campus. Get involved in activities as soon as possible, they not only provide venues to meet new people but they also keep you away from the wrong crowds. I'd tell myself to take more time to study in the library and to practice better time management skills early. Lastly, college is supposed to be fun, so don't waste away ilde time sitting in your room! Get out there and see what the world has to offer you, or what you can offer the world!!!!!

Anyone who attend Lake Superior State shouldn't mind the cold weather or small towns. They should have a love of the outdoors, simply because the most popular majors involve the outdoors and they must be comfortable with being isolated from any cosmopolitan areas.

Kaylee

LSSU is known for the small class sizes and personal relationships between professors and students. Most professors are easy to get ahold of for questions or just for coffee. The campus is small enough that walking between classes is not a problem. Our hockey team is wonderful, currently 4th in our conference.

If I were to go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would tell her not apply to other schools and explore her opitions. Staying home to go to school because that is what her boyfriend wants is not the best idea. She could miss out on awesome experiences like living in a dorm, rushing a soroity, and participating more in campus activities. By going away she would almost have to be more engaged and meet some wonderful people who would become friends for life. I would also want her to know not to rush into a major and explore the different choices. I would have her talk to professors, students, and friends about the college experience and recieve a better understanding of what it truely means to be a college student. Also, start applying for scholarships early and write all those stupid essays because they do matter! However, what would be most important to tell my past self is everything happens for a reason and don't be afraid to ask for help at any point. Reach for the stars and follow her heart, no matter how discouraging times can be.

Anyone could attend this school and do well. It takes all different types of students to make a university what it is.

I would tell myself that college isn't like high school it is a big change in your life. The class work is more demanding and classes move at a faster pace, so you have to do your work and keep up in class or else you'll fall behind and have a very hard time catching up. I would tell myself that college is where classes come first and skipping class is not acceptable you are paying to be here so you need to go to class, but you need to have a social life too. College will be one of the best most memorable times in your life, and if you don't make friends, go to campus events, get involved in clubs or sororities or fraternities, and sporting events then it will be a long four years. I think that the most important thing that I could tell myself is that the first year is really important when determining your GPA, it's doesn't take much for a GPA to drop, but takes a lot of work to get it back up. So, go and focus on studies but have fun while your there!

Our school is best known as an enginnering school, and have a very good success rate at placing those who graduate. My University also is known for small class sizes, and dedicated teachers that don't just focus on their projects, they care about their students, and are always there if you need help about a topic in class.

My classmates are very goal oriented and driven. They give every test, quiz and assignment everything they've got. Many of my classmates have done work on large senior thesis type assignments, which many try very hard to get published. My classmates are social and have lives outside of the class room, but they don't let their social lives get in the way of their long term future goals.

jennifer

A small, home-town school where most people recognize you on site.

A small, home-town school where most people recognize you on site.

"Take advantage of your teachers wisdom." All through high school i never got along with geometry teacher, but she always encouraged us to work together, as we would have to in college. we all complained about how we couldn't figure it out on our own. Once i started my freshman year of high school, i realized how important being able to work in a study group was.

I love the small classes. even in the general education classes, which everyone has to take, there are no more than 100 students. This makes it a great learning space, so the professors are more available to help you. Also, we are a very green school. we just gained a new conservation major, which also helps students learn how to minimize their impact on the environment.

Kami

Don't procrastinate when it comes to school work. If you keep up with work, life is much nicer.

LSSU is a small campus with small classes that are taught by the professors. The pofessors are usually more than willing to answer students' questions or help students with any questions they have about their classes or college careers. Students also get into hockey games for free.

The food isn't always the best. They do try though.

Lake Superior State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.