Lake Superior State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lake Superior State University

I personally really enjoy Lake State! It's a small knit community. Even in the winter when it starts to get pretty cold out usually we'll find something to do. Not to mention, most people are non-judgemental and everyone is out and about having a good time especially on the weekends. In the end there's a spot for everyone here there's plenty of outdoor activities as well as some fun across the border in Canada!

Mackenzie

From a student not knowing the existence of the school before coming here and now attending my overall opinion is very high only after a couple of weeks. Although the school is run down in some areas do to the previous use being a miliatry fort its has high standards.

Aaron

Lake Superior State University is a very nice university to attend if you are looking for a small campus and small class size. However, it does have its trade-offs. Some of these trade-offs are that classes are only offered during certain times of the day, professors are usually busy teaching and not have a ton of office hours, and the dorm rooms are pretty small. However, their small class sizes, small campus, and the ability for you to know you professor on a personal level makes it worth going here.

Was looking for a review not looking to write one..?

gracie

I Love it! The school itself is a very nice campus. Small class sizes-I've never had more than 95 students per class! The campus is small so its very easy to walk around and to get to class. Hockey is HUGE and gives you something to do on the weekends. The town is very small, and not much to do in town, but great places to hike, hunt, and fish! The professors are usually very good with meeting outside of class and answering questions, plus there is free math, writing, and tutoring for students

Jaime

LSSU is a wonderful school. The campus is beautiful. Class sizes are quite small, almost like high school. There are plenty of opportunities to receive extra help if you need it. Sault Ste. Marie is a great town to live in. Hockey is the big sport here and LSSU takes their hockey very seriously! The games are really fun. The students really get into it. I would highly recommend LSSU to prospective students!

Lake Superior State University is the secret of the north!Beautiful campus! Great professors! Academics are awesome! Small town, home like atmosphere. Everybody know everybody. I am proud to say I am a LAKER for LIFE!

Compared to my previous university, this college is a breath of fresh air. That air comes mostly from the professors and just how helpful/close they became to me. They're probably most of the reason I was able to graduate, and 100% the reason I am now in graduate school.

Lydia

I personally love the small feeling of the university. It will work perfect for me. It allows me to have a great connection with my professors. All the staff I have met have been very friendly and helpful. They were just a phone call away to answer any questions I may have. I look forward to being a Laker.

Brooke

I chose to attend Lake Superior State University because of the size and atmosphere. The class sizes are small and your professors get to know you personally. That being said, when looking into this college there seems to be lots of organizations and clubs, but students are less involved than they seem. Also campus housing isn't awful but if you live on campus, which you have to for at least 2 years, you have to have a meal plan and the food is far from ideal. There aren't many on campus dining options and they are less than stellar. Also there is a very limited amount of things to do outside of the school. But we live for hockey season and I'm counting down until the first game of this year

Aidan

Overall very nice university. Professors are easily accessible and most enjoy helping the student learn and grow. Facilities are good, and class sizes are small to medium. Buildings are spread out, but campus is easy to navigate. Dorms are nicely sized and entire campus is safe.

Faith

I like it due to the small campus size. I also like the small class sizes that allow one on one with teachers and students. There is not a whole lot to do on or off campus but Canada is right next to Lake Superior State University so that helps out a little bit.

Alyssa

In my opinion, Lake Superior State is an excellent university in terms of academia. There are a lot of programs that students can choose from that offer relevant and appropriate classes as well as there are plenty of recreational classes to participate in. The class sizes are pretty ideally sized, allowing for needed one on one time with professors. I like that the campus is fairly small as to not feel overwhelmed and the community is friendly. Overall, I believe that Lake Superior State University is a great school.

LSSU is the smallest public university in Michigan. While some people may not like the small size this is why I picked the school. The small class sizes make it easy to get to know everyone quickly. Plus the professors are all willing to help students that need it. The campus is amazing and has a great view of the International Bridge. The Soo Locks are within walking distance and can be seen from some of the dorms. The hockey games are always fun to attend on weekends. The only problem is that some of the classes required are hardly ever taught.

Jacob

Lake Superior State University is a great school, it has small class sizes and the teachers are great and are willing to spend a ton of time outside of the class helping and teaching subjects. The school has various clubs which do activities. The community life in the area is lacking though.