Kirkland, WA
Lake Washington Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lake Washington Institute of Technology

Kassandra

Lake Washington Institute of Technology is convenient and rewarding at the same time.

Knowing what I know now about college life and transitioning from High School to College, there is a lot of advice I would give myself if I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior. There is a lot of pressure put on you when you’re a high school senior not only from yourself but from your parents and teachers. When I was in high school my parents did not make college an option for me. Whether I was ready or not I went to college because that’s what my parents thought would be best for me. Looking back now I know that going straight from high school to college wasn’t right for me. I had too much going on in my life at that time and I should have expressed those feelings to my parents. Communication is key and following your heart and what you want is most important. The main advice would be to do what makes you happy and make the best decision for your future.

In my opinion no college should be directed towards specific students. Anyone should attend Lake Washington Institute of Technology because some education is better than none. The only reason I can think of why someone may not want to go to this school or it is not the right school for them is because it is a community college and their major of choice may not be offered due to the size of the school.

Beth

Lake Washington Institute of Technology is a small community college that will challenge each student academically on both individual and collaborative classwotk in a positive, safe environment preparing them for their future whether that involves completing a Lake Washington degree program or transfering to a university; the first step to reach your goal begins at LakeWashington.

College is not like High School, you are in control of your future and your success. I'm not going to state the obvious ways to be successful, because those are common sense. What most students don't know is: 1) The value of adequate sleep; regardless of how prepared you think you are, without enough sleep you will only set yourself up for failure. Sleep recharges your body and mind allowing you to focus and new information easier to retain. 2) A life with a sense of of accomplishment is far greater than one filled with regret. When it gets difficult to manage school and life, consider how giving up feels compared to how success feels. You will see that quitting is not an option. 3) Set realistic goals in the present and use those to set future goals; accomplishment is success. Don't sabotage your own success. It's easy to let stress take over just remember to take a breath, better yet take a nap and allow yourself to succeed. Only you can place limitations on your life and only you can remove those limitations; live an unlimited life.

If you are goal oriented for both your present and your future, then Lake Washington Institute of Technology is the school for you. Classes are offered for most subjects and majors in the early morning, late morning-afternoon, afternoon, late afternoon and in the evening making the classes you need available in the times that works best for your schedule. Regardless if you are a full time student or part-time student while working, Lake Washington Institute of Technology facilitates your success with flexible class times, free tutoring, and counseling available for each student to successfully reach their goals.

Paul

Cheap tuition, lots of girls/women in health related programs. Free parking.

Cheap tuition, lots of girls/women in health related programs. Free parking.

Try to go straight to univeristy even if I need to take loans, if not accepted/not possible make sure to triple check that I'm taking advantage of all the aid and possibilites to be able to go to college and not waste any time. Make sure to ask all the people that are informed on the matter.

OK to Good return for the time and money invested.

Melissa

Because it is a small local college, I received a very personal education. The best thing about LWIT was how caring and attentitive the professors are. Because it is not a large state university, the professors are truely concerned with teaching rather than research.

The worst thing about this school is that they do not have the ACEN nursing accreditation. Because of this I have had to apply to other nursing programs, farther from home and with considerably more expenses.

Carissa

A place where everyone is accepted just as they are and where people are given an opportunity to study a subject that they lo...

A place where everyone is accepted just as they are and where people are given an opportunity to study a subject that they love.

If I had the ability to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage myself to save as much money as possible for college. At the time, I was working a part time job at a cinema, so I had money, but I admit that I spent it frivolously when I should have saved it. I saved $1,000 and paid for my first quarter of technical college, but after that, I had to take out loans to pay for my schooling. I would encourage my high school senior self to also take a quarter to study abroad, whether in Germany, Spain or South America since I took both Spanish and German in high school. I would inform my younger self of how expensive life in general is, and let her know that she needs to save for an apartment at some point so that she isn?t always living at home with our parents. I would inform her of various opportunities that are given in the way of scholarships and encourage her to apply. I didn?t start applying for scholarships until I was actually in college. Hopefully she would listen.

How friendly everyone is and what a comfortable environment it is.

Lisa

The nursing program, which I am in, is known for a very high pass rate on the state boards for obtaining the registered nurse license. Also, our nurse graduates are accepted at many of the universities as well prepared for bachelor level classes. The dental hygienist program is know statewide as being very good. It is the first technical college to offer a bachelor's degree for any subject. In this case it is the MMDP (Multi-media Design Programming).

Learn better study habits, high school did not prepare you for the amount or quality of studying the is necessary for college. Study first and reward yourself after you are done, but remember to take small breaks occassionally so you do not burn yourself out. Learn how to skim read your text books for most material, actually read the topics that you need more information from or about.

Studying, for 2 reasons. It consumes all of your time (if you are trying to maintain good scores on exams, that it) and highschool does not do an adequate job in preparing anyone for the kind of studying you will need to do in college. If you are not ready to be serious about studying, you may not be ready for college.

Lake Washington Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.