Kirtland, OH
Lakeland Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lakeland Community College

Irene

I think it's a great school. It has a surprising amount of perks for students. The instructors are great, class sizes are relatively small, which is nice, and there's lots of free stuff! It's a community college, so no dorms, which contributes to the safety of the school. I will definitely recommend this school to others.

Gabrielle

Lakeland Community College for me is an excellent stepping stone since i recently graduated from Lake Catholic in Mentor and was not yet ready to go away to school i pursued my education at Lakeland, i think of it as an excellent school whose teachers genuinely care and want to see the student succeed and grow in the designated career field.

If i had the chance to go back in time it is currently my senior year of high school I am enjoying all the so called "lasts" you experience while also looking forward to my future plans and successes. I would want to remind myself planning is essential to get through college, especially finances and being comfortable in the sittuatuation you choose to put yourself in. I know your enjoying this time, but please do not procrastinate planning for your future. You defineitly have to pick the right school for YOU! your the most imporatant priority, making sure your happy. Researching grants, scholarships and loans is huge too. Make sure you have a checklist it will definitely be helping on paving your pathway to success.

Their is no specific person who should not attend Lakeland Community College, it is a great place of higher education with the goal being to obtain a degree or transfer into a four year college while saving immense amounts of many.

Rashelle

If I could go back in time as a high school senior and give myself advice it would be to stay focused and keep pushing towards positive things and also to finish college. The reason why I would tell myself these things is because I love college..But the some students go to college for different reasons and take it as a joke. Well I dont..U can go and have fun but at the same time you got to take care of business..Im focused on my grades and to complete my classes , so that I am able to receive my degree..If I was still in high school and know the things I know now it would just be to study and take care business..

Carmine

Some words of advice I would've told myself would be keep going. At times I wanted to fail or drop out of my courses because they seemed too hard to accomplish and I thought I wasn't ready. If I had been more supportive of myself and actually was proud of what I was doing, I could have pushed through my Associate's Degree with a higher GPA and been able to qualify for more financial support in the later years. Also, instead of taking time off from school to work full-time, I would have told myself to go back immediately after High School instead of taking a semester off. During High School I thought I was missing out on growing up because I spent so much time at college instead of around people my age, and I wish I hadn't resented my family so much for pushing me to do it. Looking back now, I realize that I got a gift not many people get to experience by getting two free years of education and my Associate's Degree.

Although it is much cheaper than going to an actual university, it is still expensive for somebody living on their own with many expenses.

The professors are willing to give outside help and work with many hands-on assignments. There is also a wide range of courses to take that appeal to all areas of interests. You can create a class schedule that works with your job and there are online courses available, as well as night classes. The driving distance is close and the campus location is a great area with many things to do between classes.

Brianna

Focusing on what I could have done differently during my high school years, I've realized that I made a lot of mistakes. Knowing what I know now I would have taken advantage of the 'leaf' assistant. I would have applied myself in my studies more instead of focusing on a paycheck. I would have asked more questions during class instead of being a standoff student. I would have participated in more community service because every time I did I enjoyed myself. I would have 'dressed to impress' everyday. I would have read more during high school if I knew what I know now. I would have kept my notes more organized and would have participated in more student group activities. I would have conitued in sports and applied myself to the fullest, even if I wasn't the best. I would have composed another fundraiser and worked harder on my Skills USA competition projects. I would have taken more time to apply for scholarships so that my college education, my dreams, and my career would be less of a financial crisis and instead a blessing. I would have done a lot of things differently during my high school years.

The best thing about Lakeland Community College is that there is a more personal level of comfort between the professors and their students. The classroom sizes are relatively smaller than those of a university. This creates an approaching atmosphere for students who have a hard time understanding certain concepts. Those who are shy even find the courage to ask questions to thoroughly appreciate and comprehend the wisdom that is being shared. The proffesors in turn, make themselves available to those who are truly willing to apply themselves. Thus, Lakeland has made my dreams of exhaustive knowledge an obtainable reality.

When boasting about Lakeland I remind my friends that I am close to home. I gloat about how important and available my family support is. Family support has helped me get through some of the toughest times of my life. Lakeland being 'just around the corner' allows my family to be apart of the next big obstacle of my future. Family availability keeps my structure and focus on school a priority. My friends who attend universities tend to lack focus on their studies because of home sickness. Lakeland allows my family to be apart of my present and my future.

Ellana

Most classmates and introverted, unmotivated, and unfriendly. It is a two year school so their age ranges from 16-70 with many different opinions of class topics.

The tuition is very low and affordable, making the financial decision easy. It is a commuter campus close to home, making social life less than satisfactory when trying to meet new people. Night classes are a great option for those who work full time and go to school part time.

Expand your horizons and don't be afraid to do something outside your comfort zone. There are many great opportunities awaiting but you need to take action. Don't expect the life you've always wanted to be handed to you. If you do not have enough financial resources to get to your dream school, consider the alternative. No college is permanent so you can work really hard at a smaller, less expensive school, and get scholarships or save money to transfer to your ideal school. Some colleges focus on careers and programs to get you hired right after graduated, these are great but don't be pressured. If you are undecided, college is also about finding yourself in the world. It is about learning how to interact with different people, growing on an interpersonal level, and then matching up a career once you've done the first two. Research schools in and out before attending. Do not be afraid to ask for help, as these decisions are difficult. Get involved with activites on campus or in the local community once you're there and the transition will be much more enjoyable. Use the college's resources!

Shawna

If I could talk to myself as a Senior in high school, based on what I now know about life, I woud encourage myself to go to further my education. When I was in high school I did not apply myself at all. Now, I regret it. I would tell myself that I am a smart person, and am worthy of more than being stuck in a blue-collar job for the rest of my life. I would highlight my talents and tell myself that college isn't as difficult, nor as intimidating as I assume it to be. I would tell myself that I am capable of finishing college and doing it well. I would tell myself that I am destined to be a great writer and that I am more than capable of even winning literature prizes if I apply myself. I would convince myself not to be afraid and tell myself that I would regret not going to college if I didn't do. I would say that if I did go to college, I would love myself far better for it. I am worthy of greatness, and I do deserve it.

The schedules of the classes are not varied enough. They are usually scheduled during times that do not suit everyone's lifestyle. They do offer online courses, but they fill up very quickly, which makes it difficult to get the credits that I need. Their online classes are also very tempermental, as the blackboard isn't compatible with certain browsers or systems. I feel as if there should me more classes made available.

My school doesn't offer many scholarships (if any). I know there is a small program, that is never promoted, and in fact, students must search for it, and it is only once a year. It feels like they are not encouraging students to excel. That is difficult, because we must attempt to find outside sources for financial assistance and that is very difficult and time consuming.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that no matter how much i want to stay in high school, I should really do the PSEO program that our high school has. I could have saved so much money and learned the same things.

The worst thing about my school is that it is a community college so I am still at home. I am so ready to go to a school where I am away from home and on my own. My school also does not have a lot of classes that will help my degree once I transfer to a larger school.

The only people that should not attend this school are people that want to get away from high school and where they grew up. It is a school that is way too close to home for people that want to get away.

Nicholas

One of the things that I would tell myself is take college as seriously as you can. It is not like high school where you can get by on doing ok. You have to work as hard as you can on every assigment and stay focused. This is the most important thing right now, if you fail this then the rest of your life is not going to look so good.

The only people who should not attend this school are people who have more much to offer the world, they should find a better school in which they would get noticed from.

Laura

My first three semesters in college have offered me with extremely novel experiences, and have caused me to form a new, eye-opening perspective on not only education, but life in general. Making the transition from the routine and shelter of high school to the college atmosphere, where schedules and classes can be chosen to your particular career path and interests was new and somewhat overwhelming - but very exciting. If I were to go back in time and speak with my high-school senior self, I would advise myself to open my eyes and my mind, and allow myself to take in every new experience I possibly could. I would encourage myself to work even harder during my senior year; reminding myself that good habits form early, and being determined to succeed and work to my potential during my last year of high school would provide an even more solid foundation for my college education. I would let myself know that hard work and a strong drive to acheive paired with an open mind to take in new experiences is a key for not only transition, but long-lasting success.

Lakeland offers affordable tuition and a good foundation to embark on an educational path; costing far less money than attending a university for four years. Therefore, I would say that the type of person who should not attend this institution would be someone who has little concern over financial matters and budgeting. In terms of programs, Lakeland offers so many diverse programs and fields of study, it's difficult to imagine someone not finding their major at the school.

The most frustrating thing I can think of about Lakeland would be the lack of student programs and extracurricular activities available to students. I feel that the number of student-run programs is very limited, and would ideally like to see more opportunities for student involvement in a diverse number of activities and programs in the future.

Lakeland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.