Kirtland, OH
Lakeland Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lakeland Community College

Nicholas

One of the things that I would tell myself is take college as seriously as you can. It is not like high school where you can get by on doing ok. You have to work as hard as you can on every assigment and stay focused. This is the most important thing right now, if you fail this then the rest of your life is not going to look so good.

The only people who should not attend this school are people who have more much to offer the world, they should find a better school in which they would get noticed from.

Laura

My first three semesters in college have offered me with extremely novel experiences, and have caused me to form a new, eye-opening perspective on not only education, but life in general. Making the transition from the routine and shelter of high school to the college atmosphere, where schedules and classes can be chosen to your particular career path and interests was new and somewhat overwhelming - but very exciting. If I were to go back in time and speak with my high-school senior self, I would advise myself to open my eyes and my mind, and allow myself to take in every new experience I possibly could. I would encourage myself to work even harder during my senior year; reminding myself that good habits form early, and being determined to succeed and work to my potential during my last year of high school would provide an even more solid foundation for my college education. I would let myself know that hard work and a strong drive to acheive paired with an open mind to take in new experiences is a key for not only transition, but long-lasting success.

Lakeland offers affordable tuition and a good foundation to embark on an educational path; costing far less money than attending a university for four years. Therefore, I would say that the type of person who should not attend this institution would be someone who has little concern over financial matters and budgeting. In terms of programs, Lakeland offers so many diverse programs and fields of study, it's difficult to imagine someone not finding their major at the school.

The most frustrating thing I can think of about Lakeland would be the lack of student programs and extracurricular activities available to students. I feel that the number of student-run programs is very limited, and would ideally like to see more opportunities for student involvement in a diverse number of activities and programs in the future.

I believe that Lakeland Community College is best known for its low tuition costs and its administration staff and faculty. I feel that Lakeland also has began to stand out because of its Womens Center and the SMART program that it has established. Lakeland has allowed the womens center to reach out to single mothers and help them transition back into the academic world. The SMART Program is Single Mothers Achieving Real Triumph and has allowed me, personally, the experience and opportunity of a lifetime.

As I began this journey as a single mother deciding to go back to school I wished that someone would of told me not to give up on myself as a person and to continue my education as far as it would allow me to go. As a recovering addict of 35 years old I wish that someone would of told me that there are resources out there that cold be utilized, if needed, that would help someone if they were confused, felt alone, or just simply needed an ear to listen. I think that kids today need to be aware of the many options that life holds for them. Good or Bad. I think that we need to teach kids today that they are resposible for the choices they make and that all choices good or bad come with consequences. I also wish someone would of told me that my bad choices could follow me well into my thirties and still hold bad consquences. It is important, I feel, that we allow the kids of today to know both sides of the stories. Not everyone can do it right the first time, but second chances are just that.

When talking about Lakeland I think I brag most about the experiences and great opportunities that i have been given from the SMART program. The many friends that are like me that I have been introduced to. The things that the Womens Center has given me. Support, gratitude, the sense of being part of something, and just the support that I have given are a few of the gifts I have been givin in this program. I also brag about the self esteem, confidence, and ambition that this program has allowed me to gain as a single mother and student.

wendy

Alive captives raring for more.

Alive captives raring for more.

"Don't give up." This advice given to me by the dean of the business department at the two year college I most recently attended when we both knew my time there was almost over and some did not want me there. Thinking back to my senior year transitioning into college if someone would have said that to me then I believe it would have saved me ten years. This was a time when everything and everyone starts to pull away so I pulled away from myself. "You are going to graduate no matter what anyone tries to tell you. You are already accepted at the college you want to go to. You are going to get a very good scholarship. You are worth it and you can do this. It looks scary but you are already there; take the next step." It shocks her when she sees the scar on the side of my head. She knows but can not understand. "It gets better. Just look up. Do whatever it is. Don't give up."

Amount of work for the required grade seems hard to grasp. It feels like I am overworked and undergraded.

Katelyn

My classmates range from age 18 to 50 from all ethinic and social backrounds with a medical careers as future goals; most seem to take school seriously and study accordingly.

Dear Me, This upcoming semester will be stressful...relax! Nobody in the lunchroom is interested in whether your blouse matches your skirt. Did I say skirt? Beware and be strong, for college is a sea of denim. Don't be self-conscious--be comfortable with yourself and who you are. Yes, study hard, but don't allow it to flood and control every thought, emotion, or waking moment. Study when it's time to study, and play when it's time to play. However, do not be alarmed when you find yourself (because you will) reciting the names of bones and their processes, foramen, and tubercles in the twilight hours of your sleep. Always make friends with your professors, make eye contact during the lecture, and smile! Don't bother with a notebook: filler paper works just fine for lecture notes because you will need to rewrite them anyway. Oh, forget the bookbag, it's not worth it. Lugging a notebook or two, with a few books, is much easier and saves a trip to the chiropractor. Sincerely yours... P.S. Please go to bed on time... it is hard sitting through a four-hour class when sleep deprived.

I wish I had a better sense of where the classrooms were located and had access to a map. In addition, knowing there was a waiting list to speak with a counselor, before I drove to the school, would have been helpful.

Christopher

classmates are for the most part very friendly, and that during breaks, you can normally find a quiet place to study.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would tell myself a few things. The first peice of advice would be not to get to involved with making my girlfriend happy, so that I would have more time to concentrate on filling out scholarship applications, and prepare for college. I would also tell myself to make sure that I knew how to write speeches and essays.

the worst thing about lakeland CC is that there are not many places with nice scenery outside.

Jacquella

My classmates is ambitions.

My classmates is ambitions.

If I could go back in time I would have attended a community college. When I finished with my two year degree I would have transferred to an university.

I wish I have known about the different scholarships the school offer.

Lakeland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.