Kirtland, OH
Lakeland Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lakeland Community College

wendy

Alive captives raring for more.

Alive captives raring for more.

"Don't give up." This advice given to me by the dean of the business department at the two year college I most recently attended when we both knew my time there was almost over and some did not want me there. Thinking back to my senior year transitioning into college if someone would have said that to me then I believe it would have saved me ten years. This was a time when everything and everyone starts to pull away so I pulled away from myself. "You are going to graduate no matter what anyone tries to tell you. You are already accepted at the college you want to go to. You are going to get a very good scholarship. You are worth it and you can do this. It looks scary but you are already there; take the next step." It shocks her when she sees the scar on the side of my head. She knows but can not understand. "It gets better. Just look up. Do whatever it is. Don't give up."

Amount of work for the required grade seems hard to grasp. It feels like I am overworked and undergraded.

Katelyn

My classmates range from age 18 to 50 from all ethinic and social backrounds with a medical careers as future goals; most seem to take school seriously and study accordingly.

Dear Me, This upcoming semester will be stressful...relax! Nobody in the lunchroom is interested in whether your blouse matches your skirt. Did I say skirt? Beware and be strong, for college is a sea of denim. Don't be self-conscious--be comfortable with yourself and who you are. Yes, study hard, but don't allow it to flood and control every thought, emotion, or waking moment. Study when it's time to study, and play when it's time to play. However, do not be alarmed when you find yourself (because you will) reciting the names of bones and their processes, foramen, and tubercles in the twilight hours of your sleep. Always make friends with your professors, make eye contact during the lecture, and smile! Don't bother with a notebook: filler paper works just fine for lecture notes because you will need to rewrite them anyway. Oh, forget the bookbag, it's not worth it. Lugging a notebook or two, with a few books, is much easier and saves a trip to the chiropractor. Sincerely yours... P.S. Please go to bed on time... it is hard sitting through a four-hour class when sleep deprived.

I wish I had a better sense of where the classrooms were located and had access to a map. In addition, knowing there was a waiting list to speak with a counselor, before I drove to the school, would have been helpful.

Christopher

classmates are for the most part very friendly, and that during breaks, you can normally find a quiet place to study.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would tell myself a few things. The first peice of advice would be not to get to involved with making my girlfriend happy, so that I would have more time to concentrate on filling out scholarship applications, and prepare for college. I would also tell myself to make sure that I knew how to write speeches and essays.

the worst thing about lakeland CC is that there are not many places with nice scenery outside.

Jacquella

My classmates is ambitions.

My classmates is ambitions.

If I could go back in time I would have attended a community college. When I finished with my two year degree I would have transferred to an university.

I wish I have known about the different scholarships the school offer.

Lakeland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.