Lakeland Community College Top Questions

Carmine

The professors are willing to give outside help and work with many hands-on assignments. There is also a wide range of courses to take that appeal to all areas of interests. You can create a class schedule that works with your job and there are online courses available, as well as night classes. The driving distance is close and the campus location is a great area with many things to do between classes.

When boasting about Lakeland I remind my friends that I am close to home. I gloat about how important and available my family support is. Family support has helped me get through some of the toughest times of my life. Lakeland being 'just around the corner' allows my family to be apart of the next big obstacle of my future. Family availability keeps my structure and focus on school a priority. My friends who attend universities tend to lack focus on their studies because of home sickness. Lakeland allows my family to be apart of my present and my future.

When talking about Lakeland I think I brag most about the experiences and great opportunities that i have been given from the SMART program. The many friends that are like me that I have been introduced to. The things that the Womens Center has given me. Support, gratitude, the sense of being part of something, and just the support that I have given are a few of the gifts I have been givin in this program. I also brag about the self esteem, confidence, and ambition that this program has allowed me to gain as a single mother and student.