Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Andrew

I'm in a situation where i'm both a high school senior and a college student because i attend an early college high school so I have plenty of advice to give myself all the time. Most importantly, I can't stress enough how seriously you need to take all your college courses. my dad always told me to make the best grades early because classes only get harder. This seriously applies to highschool freshman. From day 1 of your highschool career, your record is permanently etched in stone. ALL grades count toward your findal GPA, which is what is used to determine opportunies for college such as acceptance by colleges and scholarship opportunies. High GPA equals to FREE money. Free money means less stress during your college years. 210-218-2879

Brittney

I haven't really meet any classmates at Lamar with the same major as me. What I can say , is that many of them are from my high school and I knew of them, My roommate is a person I have attend 4 years of medical magnet with. We are intended in the same major and registered for the same classes. We intend to help each other as much as we need. She is the best friend that I need and is very helpful. Blessed to have someone to help me and encourage me.

I would give the advice to myself to take the college life more seriously. I didn' t think that college would be this expensive for me. I end up with all the FASFA that I can recieve and still end up short of $ 2,418 short. Its very serious at this point because my tution has to be paid . Its really a burden on my mother , that is basically a single mother trying to put 2 children through college. My mother still has 2 boys to take care of at home. I hate to have to put this on my mother. I just wish that when I was in high school , I would have taken this college life more serious. It would have helped a lot,

I consider the best thing about my school is the nursing program. I wanted to attend this school because of my past of having cancer and me wanting to help others. Lamar nursing program is one of the best in the state of Texas. Lamar has help many students with the nursing program. I want to be one of the graduates to say that I went to Lamar University and had the best knowledge needed to get to RN. Lamar is a friendly and very fun active school towards students. They help you to fit in and come very comforable.

Olivia

Lamar is home to a very friendly, outgoing, studious, diverse group of people.

Lamar is home to a very friendly, outgoing, studious, diverse group of people.

The reason I chose Lamar over all other schools is because at the time it was the only school in Texas that offered a major in American Sign Language and it is known to be the best in the nation for it's ASL program.

Dear high-school self, Please stop whining about living at home during college. You won’t have to worry about paying for gas, paying for rent, or paying for food because your parents have it covered. You should feel blessed that your parents aren’t going to kick you out into the world right after graduation! You are going to be so thankful for the extra four years you have to figure out who you are and how to take care of yourself that a lot of college students won’t get. Don’t buy books; rent them. I know you like to highlight and annotate what you read, but you will save so much more money this way. Just get a notebook and use colorful sticky notes. Also, don’t get the books until after your first day of class. The book list is usually wrong. The professor will tell you exactly what you need in class. Don’t waste time being lazy; be productive, make friends, learn exciting things, get out of your comfort zone, and understand what you believe. Sincerely, College-self

Margaret

Dear Margaret N., At the ancient age of 38, I may have some pearls of wisdom to offer, if you will listen. Your folks aren't so dumb. Listen to them and register for fall classes. I know, you want to "take a break" from studying and the whole school "thing". Being an 18 year old graduate is an aphrodisiac that tempts you to experience new horizons "your way". Regardless of what you believe , you don't know EVERYTHING. Once you find a job, start getting a paycheck, and feeling like an "adult", you start...paying bills. Yes, those things that mom and dad take care of. Then you get married, have kids, and all of a sudden, your priorities have changed. More important things, like having enough money for groceries, paying medical bills and the mortgage takes your focus off of you and your wants. So, do it now. Don't take a year off. You won't go back. And in 20 years, you'll regret that you didn't. You have a long life to live, and you are going to live with the decisions you make. Make wise ones!!! Best regards, Margaret P.

venkatasairaghunath

its a good college as per my view because of the quality of the education provided by professors such as Dr. kami Miki and Dr j. lawrence osborne in the field of computer science espicially Data minig and computer networks

those who are interested in computer networks and those to students who wanted to pusue their masters with less cost

It is university which provides best faculty for students who are interested in Data minng and computer networks,funding is also available more for the students who get the admission here

Kristen

Well Kristen, you made it this far. But, when you go to college next year, maybe you should focus more on school and meeting new people instead of working so much. After all, you have your whole life to do that! Try joining lots of extracurricular activities, and definitely don't ever skip classes! That's how you get behind and plus it doesn't give a very good impression to the teacher. Remember not to take life so seriously and try to have as much fun as you can. You won't ever get these years back, and stressing only takes the years off your life anyway. I hope you also remember not to let anything stand in your way of your goals and dreams. Don't focus too much on things you can't change; focus more on what you can control right now and everything else will take care of itself.

The location. It's located almost in downtown near a chemical plant so it smells bad and it's not very scenic.

Most likely a person with strained finances who likes a small town atmosphere and wants a degree in engineering, business, or some type of science.

Ronnesia

Take another dual credit course it's worth it in the end.

Take another dual credit course it's worth it in the end.

The worst thing would have to be the location. Lamar is kind of secluded, but thats what you expect from a college in a small town.

A student planning to attend Lamar University should be outgoing and determined to succeed.

Tawana

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I must say it would be a great deal of fun. I would have done a few things differently in preparing for my college career. The first thing I would do is stay in my counselor's office; applying for every scholarship there was and finding out all I could on entrance exams. I would have demanded more guidance from my high school counseloris. The second peice of advice I would give is to visit as many colleges/universities as possible. It is good to venture out and experience new places, people and things in life. Finally, I would have joined more civic organizations which would hav led me to participate in many volunteer activities. Volunteerig is such an important part of life, and it helps you transition into the real world. You get to see what it's like to help others or do a job and not get paid; therefore you will have a better value on life. There are things that I would advise, and things that I would have wanted to know and for that reason I had to learn by experience.

I wish I had known when I first started school that it was less expensive to buy my books online or that you could just rent the books that you know you were not going to use again!!!! Would have save lots of money!!!!

Overall it was a good school! Most important thing is to arrive to class on time because parking was not so great!

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.