Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Sara

I am studying Computer Aided Drafting so I would tell me to spend more time learning about the history of the house and landscaping. Learn how houses are constructed from the foundation to hte gable and everything in between. I would learn the histroy of mapping the land which would help me with the civil drafting that I am now studying.

LESLIE

Three words... Grade Point Average. If you feel like you are not ready to commit to college. Take your time to play around and bow out gracefully. Come back when you are ready get serious and get educated. Those F's are the devil to erase when you've woken up around age 26 and realized you've got A potential!

Someone who wants a decent education that won't break the bank.

Lori

Through my years I have learned that a strong educational background sets the standard for a successful future. College has allowed for growth in my personal knowledge, building strong values and strengthening my weaknesses. I am always striving to improve in my field of education. Teaching the future generation requires for me to stay up to date on the newest technology and studies available therefore I will continue to father my own education. The masters program at I currently in is providing how to teach for the future, for the world is consistly changing.

If you are someone that waits till the last minute to complete assignments or don't put forth 100% in your education this is not the school for you. High expections are required by the faculty, which requires hard work for you to be successful upon graduation.

While attending Lamar University, i received excellent guidence from my professors/instructors. Throughout the 2 years in attendance, I gathered useful information that prepared me for interviews, creating a portfolio and skills as a new coming teacher. I was president of the National Art Education Association on campus, which allowed me to experience on hands activities for teaching art as well as hold workshops for active students/teachers to attend.

Tiffany

Lamar University is active, they movitvate you to open up and try new things.

Lamar University is active, they movitvate you to open up and try new things.

Learning is a life long process, there is always something new to learn. Being able to further my education is one step towards expanding my knowledge. College is a great way to gain knowledge, find yourself and experience new things.

Lamar Univeristy has a very wonderful nursing program.

Antonae

Very independent and intelligent. Life in college is like a little world in and of itself.

I have learned to make my own decisions and choices. You learn to be an adult really quickly because your future is in your hands.I don't want to look back and be able to blame anyone, because in the end I will be totally responsible for getting my degree and living my dream . I 've enjoyed meeting different types of people from all walks of life, all ethnic backgrounds and l have learned to appreciate the smallest things in life. My mother has always taught me to walk into a situation and know there's always some part ofmyrself that I can offer to another human being.You get in this life exactly what you put in.

Some one who is not focused and discipline will no doubt have a difficult time, because there is not one to tell you what needs to be done. You have to learn to manage you time wisely and always have work and yourself on time.

Keyssy

My classmates are very eager to learn.

My classmates are very eager to learn.

Since being in college a have learned to vaule of a dollar and what it like to live on my own. I have also learned how important it is to have an higher education and how college should be taken very serious. I have created better study habits and are more focused than in high school

The campus size not to big very easy access to your professors

Juan

Out of my personal college experience I have learned that there is nothing better in this life than education and that knowledge is key. In college, I have also learned to never take anything for granted because we only get few oppurtunities in life and we must chase our dream while we are still alive and breathing. If college was never shown to me, I would never have learned to dream big and provide a better future not only for my family and I but for the community around me. It has been very valuable to attend college because it has made me mature and become a better individual. Attending college has also taught me that everything in life is not easy and the easy goes as it comes, but the more of a struggle it is to achieve something the harder it will be for it to be taken away. Through community service and other projects by the organizations that are in the university, many doors can be opened for the world and those who need the extra push to succeed in life.

The worst thing about the school I am attending would be the dining hall because the hall is limited to certain hours. On the days of the finals most students stay up late , nine times out of ten the students are going to be very hungry after a long night of studying. The food in the dining hall could be better.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be new teachers that were hired and their lack of comitment as the students. A professor I recently had was new and she did not know how to teach the subject at hand very well. The professor was not really focused on the class but primarily herself.

Dottie

I have gotten many thing's from attending college. I have pride in myself for starting at my age. Respect from my family and my friend's. Knowlege that no one can ever take away from me. The exsperence of trying new thing's and meeting new people. The best thing is my self respect, I love the way I feel about myself, some thing I havent felt in along time. Learning and now knowing I am worthy of this education. You cant put a price on your education it is invaluable. I get to so my daughter's every day it is never to late to correct a life mistake. I have gotten so many thing's out of attending college, both educational and personal.

Ramonica

We are an upcoming university that keeps getting better every year.

We are an upcoming university that keeps getting better every year.

I have been learned that college is always what you make it. When I first came to Lamar I was really just rolling with the punches and did not really have a clear direction of what/where I wanted to go in life. Now a year or so later, I am working towards a degree I am sure is right for me. I have noticed that when you are on the right path learning is not forced; it comes naturally. Along with working towards my degree, I have noticed that faculty and staff at my school are really here to help. Although, it can be a little nerve-racking working up the courage to talk to them; when you do the rewards are endless. I know of professors helping line students up with jobs, finding scholarships, and some become great mentors.

I wish I had know how great I would actually enjoy this college, regardless of being raised in the same city. I let the fact that I was raised here interfere with my judgement , and I "learned the lesson" the hard way by choosing a different college at first.

I cannot begin to describe the amount of experience I have accumulated. After my acceptance in Manchester Community College I began to attend regular classes. During my third semester I began an internship at a local Youth Services Bureau. This opportunity strengthened my drive to become a Juvenile Corrections Officer. Once I was able to work with middle school aged to high school aged students, I knew that this population was one that I was interested in. I would not have been able to acqire this experience without attending college. A higher education in college has helped me see how independent I am. I firmly believe that choosing to go to college was a great decision. The experience and opportunities that have sprouted from my college career have made me a more confident and driven person.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.