Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Tiffany

Lamar University is active, they movitvate you to open up and try new things.

Lamar University is active, they movitvate you to open up and try new things.

Learning is a life long process, there is always something new to learn. Being able to further my education is one step towards expanding my knowledge. College is a great way to gain knowledge, find yourself and experience new things.

Lamar Univeristy has a very wonderful nursing program.

Antonae

Very independent and intelligent. Life in college is like a little world in and of itself.

I have learned to make my own decisions and choices. You learn to be an adult really quickly because your future is in your hands.I don't want to look back and be able to blame anyone, because in the end I will be totally responsible for getting my degree and living my dream . I 've enjoyed meeting different types of people from all walks of life, all ethnic backgrounds and l have learned to appreciate the smallest things in life. My mother has always taught me to walk into a situation and know there's always some part ofmyrself that I can offer to another human being.You get in this life exactly what you put in.

Some one who is not focused and discipline will no doubt have a difficult time, because there is not one to tell you what needs to be done. You have to learn to manage you time wisely and always have work and yourself on time.

Keyssy

My classmates are very eager to learn.

My classmates are very eager to learn.

Since being in college a have learned to vaule of a dollar and what it like to live on my own. I have also learned how important it is to have an higher education and how college should be taken very serious. I have created better study habits and are more focused than in high school

The campus size not to big very easy access to your professors

Juan

Out of my personal college experience I have learned that there is nothing better in this life than education and that knowledge is key. In college, I have also learned to never take anything for granted because we only get few oppurtunities in life and we must chase our dream while we are still alive and breathing. If college was never shown to me, I would never have learned to dream big and provide a better future not only for my family and I but for the community around me. It has been very valuable to attend college because it has made me mature and become a better individual. Attending college has also taught me that everything in life is not easy and the easy goes as it comes, but the more of a struggle it is to achieve something the harder it will be for it to be taken away. Through community service and other projects by the organizations that are in the university, many doors can be opened for the world and those who need the extra push to succeed in life.

The worst thing about the school I am attending would be the dining hall because the hall is limited to certain hours. On the days of the finals most students stay up late , nine times out of ten the students are going to be very hungry after a long night of studying. The food in the dining hall could be better.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be new teachers that were hired and their lack of comitment as the students. A professor I recently had was new and she did not know how to teach the subject at hand very well. The professor was not really focused on the class but primarily herself.

Dottie

I have gotten many thing's from attending college. I have pride in myself for starting at my age. Respect from my family and my friend's. Knowlege that no one can ever take away from me. The exsperence of trying new thing's and meeting new people. The best thing is my self respect, I love the way I feel about myself, some thing I havent felt in along time. Learning and now knowing I am worthy of this education. You cant put a price on your education it is invaluable. I get to so my daughter's every day it is never to late to correct a life mistake. I have gotten so many thing's out of attending college, both educational and personal.

Ramonica

We are an upcoming university that keeps getting better every year.

We are an upcoming university that keeps getting better every year.

I have been learned that college is always what you make it. When I first came to Lamar I was really just rolling with the punches and did not really have a clear direction of what/where I wanted to go in life. Now a year or so later, I am working towards a degree I am sure is right for me. I have noticed that when you are on the right path learning is not forced; it comes naturally. Along with working towards my degree, I have noticed that faculty and staff at my school are really here to help. Although, it can be a little nerve-racking working up the courage to talk to them; when you do the rewards are endless. I know of professors helping line students up with jobs, finding scholarships, and some become great mentors.

I wish I had know how great I would actually enjoy this college, regardless of being raised in the same city. I let the fact that I was raised here interfere with my judgement , and I "learned the lesson" the hard way by choosing a different college at first.

I cannot begin to describe the amount of experience I have accumulated. After my acceptance in Manchester Community College I began to attend regular classes. During my third semester I began an internship at a local Youth Services Bureau. This opportunity strengthened my drive to become a Juvenile Corrections Officer. Once I was able to work with middle school aged to high school aged students, I knew that this population was one that I was interested in. I would not have been able to acqire this experience without attending college. A higher education in college has helped me see how independent I am. I firmly believe that choosing to go to college was a great decision. The experience and opportunities that have sprouted from my college career have made me a more confident and driven person.

Courtney

My school has a very well known nursing program but is incredibly competitive to get into.

Lamar is a good choice for me. It is 30 minutes from home and I can manage my course load and take care of my ill mother and younger brother while attending classes.

It is close to home and offer a great degree plan for my nutrition degree

Tiffany

I learned the value of friendship and hardwork. It wasn't until I could not pay to continue my education at the University of Miami (in Florida), that I realized how much attending and living on campus meant to me. It has been over 4 years since I had to leave UM and I regret that circumstance every single day. To the point that I even put off continuing my education in the hopes of returning to my heart's Alma Mater. But I realized that finishing my degree is better than saying I 'almost graduated' from UM., even if it takes me 5 years at a local community college and transferring to a local public university. In fact, the friends that I made down there have been the driving force behind me returning to school and enrolling at the local community college - even though they are 300+miles away. They understand that I will always be a 'Cane at heart, but sometimes life gets in the way and you just have to roll with what it throws in your path. That may be the most valuable lesson I learned at the University of Miami: Perserverence will prevail.

Lalauni

What I have gotten out of my college experience is a sense of work ethic, or hard work. Without hard work there is no success or even a sense of pride of achieving the most desireable of things in life. No college on earth is an easy, free ride. All colleges require some hard work in obtaining a degree in any field of study. With hard work comes perseverance, which is why it is a valuable aspect in attending any college. What makes hard work valuable is that it could help anyone accomplish his or her goals, overcome obstacles, and fulfill dreams. I personally have big dreams to become the best veterinarian in the world, and I know with dreams like that it is not going to be easy to fulfill without putting in a lot of hard work. I try to keep in mind the phrase "you get what you put out" when it comes to my academics and pursuing my dreams and goals. Little or no effert comes with no progress, but a lot of hard work and strong determination comes with great progress.

The diversity of the student body would be the best thing about Lamar. I say this because everything academically and financially is equal in distribution with no regards towards anyone's ethnic background. Also, when you apply for a competitive job, there is no worry of the employer ever having a steretypical thought about you going to a completely diverse school rather than going to an all black or white school. Although many professional careers are racially or sexually unequal, your school choice does not have to be.

The most frustrating thing about Lamar would be the parking. There is simply not enough parking for every student and faculty that drives to the campus. Even though faculty has their own designated parking lots, students are continuously taking up those parking lots as well as the designtaed parking lots for students forcing everyone to park where ever possible. Most students have received parking tickets for parking in undesignated areas (i.e. faculty, reserved, and handicapped) just to avoid being late to classes; while others have parked in areas far from their classes and walked long distances to those classes.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.