Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Nastacia

It has a great nursing and engineering program.

It has a great nursing and engineering program.

I would make sure and research majors, and the job market to make sure there is enough opportunity. I would spend less time partying and socializing and more time studying and networking.

The nursing and engineering program, people from around the world come for that.

Tressa

Be prepared for the homework schedule, don't freak out, stay calm and you will get thru it Friends come and go make wise decisions Stay active don't sit in your room all day Eat a balance meal don't over do it Have fun, school is not all about homework and class!

That people change when they enter a new environment and meeting new people has never been a good thing for me. I do miss my close friends alot.

There's nothing worst about this school. It's always improving.

Hey, Me! I'm going to be quick about this so listen up! As you are going to college this upcoming semester, keep in mind that signing up for classes can be a hassle if you're signing up late. If you sign up early and check for what textbooks you need online, then the semester will roll by smoothly. Saving money is also a big deal for college students so quit spoiling yourself and your friends! Think about bargains and sales when holidays and birthdays come up! Get a job to earn some extra money, but don?t exhaust yourself by working too hard. You'll find out that shopping for school supplies has a second meaning when you hear the word ?textbooks.? They don?t come cheap especially when compared to free books given in public schools. Another thing, train yourself to be able to push yourself, whether it's waking up early or making the time to study with or without friends. In other words, train yourself into being flexible. And one more thing, stop distracting yourself with boys! Though I can?t say much for myself at the moment, the time will come when love happens.

I wish I had known to save more money and to not have spent so much on the little things. Discovering the importance of money has broaden my decisions on what is necessary versus what is wanted such as textbooks versus cute dresses. Now knowing the essentials of money, I'm learning to save and earn money without spending it on the wants in my life. Though money comes as an essential, there are still other more important priorities in life that must share the focus, such as family, so it's important to not become blinded by greed.

Students willing to study, attend classes, and work a job during their school years in college should attend Lamar University. Dedication from an individual is important to their success along with someone who is courageous enough to ask questions they do not understand. A person who pushes themselves every morning to wake up early or stay up an extra hour late to study, knows their sacrifices for their success. As students enroll in colleges, the significance of money grows over their years, and students must develop the ability of self-control. Their time spent at Lamar should not be wasted.

Shemia

Most of them aren't here for the right reasons!

Most of them aren't here for the right reasons!

If I could talk to myself as a senior, the main advice that I would give myself is to apply for as many scholarships and internships as possible. If I would have gone to the internship where you get to stay on a college campus for the summer and take summer classes, I wouldn't have such a hard time with the transition. With the scholarships, I would make sure that I would have filled out every one that came my way, because your first year of college is stressful as it is and trying to see how you are going to pay for school doesn't need to be added on to the stress. Another thing that is really important is to look up your professors and make sure that you don't wait until the last minute to register for classes. This year I had the worst professors? because of that. I would finally tell myself that I should always stay focus on why I'm there; it's ok to have fun, but never forget why I'm there!

The most frustrating thing about my school is dealing with the people in the financial aid office! They act like they hate when we have questions about our money. It seems that everyone has a different answer to the same exact question, so you really don't know who's telling you the right thing to do. They seem like they hate to explain themselves, and they are always quick to get an attitude with you when you say that another worker gave you a different answer to the question you ask them.

Denisha

if i could go back in time and redo things i wouldve taken high school more seriously instead of bs-ing my way through it because the transition from high school to college was a big awakening for me and if you're not ready for it then you're destined to fail until you start buckling down and not taking things for granted because college isnt cheap if you're paying for it out of pocket.

for its excellent nursing program as well as other majors.

you only had to take the pre-requisite to get into the nursing program and then when in the program you can the basics along with your nursing classes. also i wish i would've known that the financial aid process was complicating and time consuming. As well as the campus bookstore is not the cheapest way to get books, i would prefer to get mine from online websites.

Keren

They are very nice, helpful, and fun to go to school with.

They are very nice, helpful, and fun to go to school with.

It offered Dental Hygeine and that was what I wanted to major in.

I would tell myself to learn good study skills so that when I got to college I would be better prepared. I would encourage myself to get a work during high school because it is harder to work when you're in college. I would also tell myself to do my best in high school and make the best grades that I could. Colleges look to see how much you apply yourself so I would tell myself to put out every effort to do my very best.

Dustin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to keep up the good work and that it does pay off. Since I constantly wondered whether or not all of the time in effort that I put into my classes and extra curricular activities was definitely worth it. I would remind myself that there should be no doubt about this because education and knowledge are priceless, and all things that are worth having are worth working hard for. I would also tell myself that although studying is important, but it is also important to make more friends and have some fun. Making friends and participating in college activities is helpful to the trasition from high school to college. If I could go back, I would remind myself to be thankful and take advantage of every positive opportunity that comes my way. One last thing that I believe would've have been beneficial for me to hear then is to never give up on dreams. It may not be an easy path, but since we only get one life it is important to live, laugh, and learn.

I believe that the class size is one of the best things about Lamar University. All of the classes I have been in have not had too many students in them. The benefits that a smaller class brings are a better learning experience and more opportunities to ask questions. As students at Lamar, we are provided with an opportunity to work alongside professors instead of teaching assistants and can obtain a better feeling of the field we are entering.

Before coming to Lamar, I wish I would have known how important it is to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I've learned that being in the top five percent of your class with many extra curricular activities does not bring as much financial help as expected. I wish that I would have known this from the beginning so that I could try to find more helpful opportunities to maximize my student experience because as of now I am in many ways limited to what I can do by college expenses.

Brittni

As an incoming freshman I was immensely unprepared for the journey ahead, I felt I was running a race in high heels. If I could share any knowledge with my self as a high school senior it would definitely be to, 'stay aware'! Stay aware and conscious of people, the social life, your financial aid, and definitely grades! And when you stay mindful of these things they bring about positive outcomes....such as my 4.0 GPA, activity in the NAACP, and an overall worthwhile college experience. Yet no one taught me better than experience and dare I say my high heels, which by the way, I traded in for Nike Shocks.

Lamar University is a diverse, respected, and challenging university filled with many posibilities and essentials needed for life's endeavors.

If one has a persona of laziness, and a slackers mentality they should not attend Lamar University. Yet, honestly, the University in itself has ways of teaching lessons that need to be learned, especially as a freshman, and in turn will cause eyes to be opened and a yearning for learning!

Johnnise

I know this is the last year of high school, but it is rapidly coming to an end. Hanging out with friends and parting is a lot of fun, but making sure you are ready for college is more important. Do not procrastinate, make sure you turn in anything that is needed before the deadline. Fill out your FASFA as soon as possible, this will help you get the most financial aid there is avalible for you. Dont get discouraged and think everythings is too much to handle, talk with your guidence counsler and teachers, they are there to help you! Take advantage of that.

Some one who does not want to be diverse and interact with people from all different backgrounds.

I love the professors they are very caring about their students and want them all to succeed, and they are willing to help anyway possible. I love how the campus is very diverse and I can be introduced to all different backgrounds, and how there is so much school spirit and everyone that attends the school seems to really be happy that they are there.

Alma

Knowing what I know now as a college freshman than when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself that I should have taken more advantage of trying to apply for more scholarships because right now I barely have enough to cover everything I need to pay for. Also I would've told myself that it wasn't going to be easy my very first semester because it's a big change and I need to really study so there's no time to be playing around all the time like I usually do. I would also tell myself that now is the time to grow up and become a more responsible adult because once I graduate, it's time to face to adult world. In the adult world, it's not going to be easy and at times things are going to be thrown at me that will bring me down but that is why i need to stay focused, persistant, and not stray from my goal in life. If I could go back in time to tell myself all that...I would.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.