Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Keren

They are very nice, helpful, and fun to go to school with.

They are very nice, helpful, and fun to go to school with.

It offered Dental Hygeine and that was what I wanted to major in.

I would tell myself to learn good study skills so that when I got to college I would be better prepared. I would encourage myself to get a work during high school because it is harder to work when you're in college. I would also tell myself to do my best in high school and make the best grades that I could. Colleges look to see how much you apply yourself so I would tell myself to put out every effort to do my very best.

Dustin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to keep up the good work and that it does pay off. Since I constantly wondered whether or not all of the time in effort that I put into my classes and extra curricular activities was definitely worth it. I would remind myself that there should be no doubt about this because education and knowledge are priceless, and all things that are worth having are worth working hard for. I would also tell myself that although studying is important, but it is also important to make more friends and have some fun. Making friends and participating in college activities is helpful to the trasition from high school to college. If I could go back, I would remind myself to be thankful and take advantage of every positive opportunity that comes my way. One last thing that I believe would've have been beneficial for me to hear then is to never give up on dreams. It may not be an easy path, but since we only get one life it is important to live, laugh, and learn.

I believe that the class size is one of the best things about Lamar University. All of the classes I have been in have not had too many students in them. The benefits that a smaller class brings are a better learning experience and more opportunities to ask questions. As students at Lamar, we are provided with an opportunity to work alongside professors instead of teaching assistants and can obtain a better feeling of the field we are entering.

Before coming to Lamar, I wish I would have known how important it is to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I've learned that being in the top five percent of your class with many extra curricular activities does not bring as much financial help as expected. I wish that I would have known this from the beginning so that I could try to find more helpful opportunities to maximize my student experience because as of now I am in many ways limited to what I can do by college expenses.

Brittni

Lamar University is a diverse, respected, and challenging university filled with many posibilities and essentials needed for life's endeavors.

As an incoming freshman I was immensely unprepared for the journey ahead, I felt I was running a race in high heels. If I could share any knowledge with my self as a high school senior it would definitely be to, 'stay aware'! Stay aware and conscious of people, the social life, your financial aid, and definitely grades! And when you stay mindful of these things they bring about positive outcomes....such as my 4.0 GPA, activity in the NAACP, and an overall worthwhile college experience. Yet no one taught me better than experience and dare I say my high heels, which by the way, I traded in for Nike Shocks.

If one has a persona of laziness, and a slackers mentality they should not attend Lamar University. Yet, honestly, the University in itself has ways of teaching lessons that need to be learned, especially as a freshman, and in turn will cause eyes to be opened and a yearning for learning!

Johnnise

I know this is the last year of high school, but it is rapidly coming to an end. Hanging out with friends and parting is a lot of fun, but making sure you are ready for college is more important. Do not procrastinate, make sure you turn in anything that is needed before the deadline. Fill out your FASFA as soon as possible, this will help you get the most financial aid there is avalible for you. Dont get discouraged and think everythings is too much to handle, talk with your guidence counsler and teachers, they are there to help you! Take advantage of that.

Some one who does not want to be diverse and interact with people from all different backgrounds.

I love the professors they are very caring about their students and want them all to succeed, and they are willing to help anyway possible. I love how the campus is very diverse and I can be introduced to all different backgrounds, and how there is so much school spirit and everyone that attends the school seems to really be happy that they are there.

Alma

Knowing what I know now as a college freshman than when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself that I should have taken more advantage of trying to apply for more scholarships because right now I barely have enough to cover everything I need to pay for. Also I would've told myself that it wasn't going to be easy my very first semester because it's a big change and I need to really study so there's no time to be playing around all the time like I usually do. I would also tell myself that now is the time to grow up and become a more responsible adult because once I graduate, it's time to face to adult world. In the adult world, it's not going to be easy and at times things are going to be thrown at me that will bring me down but that is why i need to stay focused, persistant, and not stray from my goal in life. If I could go back in time to tell myself all that...I would.

Gabriela

My classmates are very nice, respectful, and helpful.

My classmates are very nice, respectful, and helpful.

Attending Lamar University is unique because I get the education I need. I'am able to have that one on one conversation with my professors and there's help available for anything I need. Since I dont live in Beaumont and I get to stay in the dorms I feel more independent and I get to be focus on my education.

People all along have say to me that going to College would be very difficult. That teachers would be mean and not understand you if you had problems in class but I guess they were just trying to prepare me for the real life. As a college student I have found myself learning how to study for a test, how to be prepared for class and many other things. If I could go back and give advice to myself I would tell myself to take the time to study properly and not the day before, that only makes things harder. Studying weeks or days prior to test day makes everything so much easier. After finishing school for the day try to review a little of what was thought for the day, doing that can help you understand better if there was something that was confusing, and if that does not help the next class period ask your teacher for help I know for a fact that they will help you. Also, being prepared for class is not only arrieving on time to class but mentally be prepared to learn. Focus only on your education and forget the rest.

Andrew

Lamar is a school focused on education.

Lamar is a school focused on education.

I would tell myself that its notmuch different than high school. The only major difference is time. While your in collegeyou need to larn how to manage your time wisely.

Renee

Lamar University is a clean and organized campus with a faculty and staff that are very polite and strive to be student advocates.

College is not going to be easy and it does require dedication. Don't be afraid to ask questions, because it is important that you understand what you are going to be doing and what will be expected of you. Make new friends, they help you get through rough times because they are there to go through what you are going through. Family is also very important because they are there to support you and let you know everything will be okay. Anytime you are feeling like you can't do this, just look at the big picture and remember why you are doing this. Time management is very important! Try to keep a planner and organize your time to ensure that what needs to be done gets done. Don't procrastinate. Study, study, study! You have a lot to learn, but you will enjoy it!

If your future goals include having a successful career, if you would like to expand your current knowledge, or if you are interested in social experiences, then Lamar University would be a great school for you.

Marcie

They are the kind of people that make you want to ask more about their lives.

They are the kind of people that make you want to ask more about their lives.

You can do this, but be prepared to grow. Please don't allow the bad attitudes of others to affect yours. Don't expect people to hand you anything. (That means apply for scholarships!) You've worked too hard to go unnoticed and unrewarded. Most of things that you think are important now won't be in a year, so stop stressing, and just do what you know you need to do. Thank your english teachers for being tough on you now. It pays off. Be open and tolerant to the ideas and opinions of others, but don't be afraid to have faith in your own. When you're pretty sure that you're right, you probably are. However, it is crucial that you recognize the things that are most important and don't waste energy fighting to be right about the things that really don't matter. You won't have any regrets if you make your mistakes into lessons. Trust yourself and hope in God.

I have a great group of friends at Lamar, and I met most of them at the Baptist Student Ministry (BSM). I love the diversity of personalities and life stories. There are upper classmen that I can get advice from and lower classmen that I can encourage. I think a lot of people lose themselves in the attempt to find themselves in college, but I know that the atmosphere provided at the BSM keeps me from making so many of the mistakes that are common for college students. This group of people has truly become my college family.

sara

I think that college life has a big influence into one's life, so it is a very important decision to select the right college. Before students enroll colleges, they must search first the website of each college and look out how certain areas are available to the students. What I meant to say is that if one concerns more about books, one should look out how the library works; and if one concerns more about physical exercise, then searchs about the gym and programs they offer like pilares or yoga.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.