Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

My school Lamar University in one sentence is A very hand s on school Very helpful.

My Name Is Rachel King I`m From Lake Charles, Louisiana. I am currently attending Lamar University. I am a Mass Communications Major. The advice i would like to give to parents an/or students in finding the right college is to research each college , their programs and really see whether it coinsides with what you want to do in your life.

The things i brag about most at Lamar University is there or so many Great teachers and professors that or one on one with you, constantly helping you with getting your assignments in on time and really exponding on what they or teaching to you. This school has lots of programs that helps out with getting you experience for after you graduate .

Saundra

When looking for a school first and formost make sure that their is a good education given in your field. While visiting be sure that you feel comforatable there and enjoy your surroundings. And when school begins make new friends and joins groups at school and be involed. But always remember schoolwork comes first above all.

Someone who is Socialble and Eviromantally friendly and also ready to be envolved on campus.

The only thing that is the least bit frustrating at school is the fact that thier arent many on-campus jobs available.

Christina

Always go with your first instinct. If a school doesn't feel right, don't go there. Also, bring your friends with you if you can. It always helps to have a support system if you are far away from home or even if you are close to home. Just do what you think is right in choosing the right college. Also, have fun. Meet new people that you can be friends with forever.

I wish I had known how much work it was going to take to be a successful college student. Also, I wish I would have known to make friends from the beginning.

I think this school is for pretty much anyone.

Joshua

When you attend Lamar University for the first time you encounter an atmosphere of Texan hospitality, community service, academic excellence, social responsibility, campus involvement, and an all-around professional air of business.

It is situated right next to an ExxonMobil plant. They are huge contributors to our engineering college. Also our faculty to student ratio allows professors to engage one-on-one with the students, allowing for unique research oppurtunities much like graduate school.

I would encourage students and their parents research the universities that they are thinking of attending: check on the student/teacher ratio, the graduation rate, the job acceptance rate, the research opportunities, the social environment of the college, alumnae's opinions, diversity (cultural, racial, sexual, and religious), and the overall ideaologies dominant in the community. Weigh these in the balance when comparing one colloge to another. As for making the most of one's college experience, I would reccomend that the student do their best to network starting that crucial freshman year. Network with societies and organizations, with academically minded friends and fraternities, the career center, tutors, advisors, and especially with faculty and staff that are influential in the areas of scholastic and financial benefits. And never, never forget to form a personal relationship with your college president, vice-president, and other executive members. This is a must.

Most of us are alike in the way that we have to work; we do what we have to do to make our work schedules and class schedules work together.

In my opinion, the best place to start your college experience is close to home. That way you have the love and support of your friends and family. Then if you still wish to go away to school, you have and idea of what is required of you at college.

The financial aid department. I've made some mistakes when it comes to my GPA but I'm trying to fix that. Last semester I had a lot of family issues and wasn't able to pull the 2.5 required to keep my aid. I received a 2.0 and tried to appeal but was still denied even after explaining my situation.

Tracey

My classmates are very goal oriented and friendly.

My classmates are very goal oriented and friendly.

Chose a college that fits you and your future, oh and your wallet. My motto that I live by is 'try everything once, twice if you like it.' Trying everthing once in your life allows you to live life from the experiences you make not from a rule book they give you.

How hard my classes are that i received A's in, and my GPA.

Cheryl

My classmates ages range from 18 to people in their 40's and 50's.

My classmates ages range from 18 to people in their 40's and 50's.

Make sure that the student is well prepared for what is ahead of them. They are on their own and need to be responsible for their own work and actions. They should not be babied any longer and should never complain about all their work they have to do to other students, because everyone is in the same boat they are.

Most people my age have graduated college already and only ask me how my classes are going. My main comment to them is that because I am an older student, the professors tend to treat me with great respect.

Michelle

Lamar University is a great, prestigious, and proactive school that I am proud to be a part of.

College should be a great and memorable experience for every student. Some advise from me would be to make a list of all the colleges the student would like to consider and do some research on each one of them, writing down certain points about them. Some points could include costs, availability of student organizations, size, location, etc. The student should then eliminate a few of the choices to come down to about three or four final choices. The student should then apply for those colleges and, if accepted, begin looking for financial aid if needed. The last thing a college student wants to be focusing on and stressing about all year is how they are going to pay for the next semester. Living on campus is also something every student should consider because it helps one get more involved on campus because it is their home while in school.

The best thing about Lamar is the jobs that students can get after graduating because of this school.

amanda

Think of your pocket book. You don't have to spend outragious amounts to go to a good school. Close to home is a good idea al...

Think of your pocket book. You don't have to spend outragious amounts to go to a good school. Close to home is a good idea also.

anyone can go to this school.... pretty much

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.