Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

melissa

I would say consider all of your options and factors: money, programs, room and board..etc ad pray about it. God will lead you in the right direction. I think you should visit the college to see first hand if it is for you or not. for me, that made it for me because i felt right at home.

I think the worst part is their school organizations. I hae expresse interested in joining some groups on campus nad have yet to receive any information. You don't see a lot of groups doing anything on campus. I only see sororities selling cupcakes to pay for their booze later that night. I have not come across any respectable groups doing something to make the campus a better place. I guess that means I need to step up and lead the way, right?

I think a person who is focused on their school work and getting their degree should come to this school. Not necessarily the type who wants to have what I call the "college experience" and party. party and party 7 days a week. If you like smaller classes and a lot more teacher-student interaction, lamar is your school. It is easy to meet people who are down to earth and are a bit on the conservative side generally. The campus is not that large. I prefer to wear tennis shoes but some girls still put their heels on.

I have different aspects on what to look for when choosing a college, as well as how to make the most of the college experience due to the fact that I not only have the role of a full-time student, I am also a wife and a mother. As a wife and mother I do advise the younger generation to choose education before family since both take so much of your time and effort, but I also encourage other mothers to go back to school, it is not too late. I have certainly worked hard on making the most of my college experience by joining clubs and study groups and making sure that I get what I am contributing so much of my time and money towards?an education. As a parent, I advise finding a college that has plenty of clubs and activities to keep the students involved and excited about their futures. Choosing the right social environment is important so that the student does not get into trouble and stray from their studies. Always remember that college is a choice, so one must take advantage of the time and money spent in order to be truly successful.

I am an accounting major and I wish I would have known that in the degree plan the classes that must be taken have to be in a certain order and are only offered certain semesters making it hard to plan your schedule and time so that you can graduate soon.

I would have to say the worst thing to me is that they don't offer the 5 year MPA program that gets you ready and satisfies the requirement to take the CPA exam. Instead, you have to get a BBA with an accounting imphasis and then take extra classes or go for your MBA.

Philip

Service to the loca community(ies) by educating students who will most likely become a part of the area workforce.

Try to make sure that the college matches your child's interests on several different levels--that way the bases are covered if they change degree plans. Visiting "the top 5" colleges that interests your child is important because, when they visit, they can get the feel and atmosphere of the campus, students, faculty, facilities, etc. Reading about a particular campus gives a good idea of what the school is about--but being there really puts all the important factors into greater prespective.

The fantastic engineering department and technical trade schools. Lamar University started as Lamar State College of Technology and has always emphasized the degree/course plans which have enabled it's students to not only work in technical fields, but also prepares students to work in the local petroleum and related industries immediately upon graduation. Those students interested in "jump starting" their employment can gain an associates degree in a trade field that enables the students to earn a very good living immediately upon graduation.

Selwyn

MAke sure that both you and your child like the university and are comfortable with the university.

the best thing about lamar is the friends i made. My current roommate is a cool person who i trust, which is is a hard thing for me to do w/ people beyond my bloodline. I hope as we get older we stay very good friends!

THe most frustrating thing about lamar is how close minded some people can be...

VaLyssia

The most advice I would give parents and or students into making their college experience worth while would be to take a tour over the campus. Also to check into the activites that might tickle your fancy, and to be involved with cultural things as well as non cultural things. Take your freshman year to view the ways of operation on campus and find things that best suit you. Sign up for scholarships and grants. Do your fafsa as early as you possibly can you do not want available financial aid to be held up under any means necessary. Do not be afraid to speak up for what you believe in or what you want. College is full of different people do not feel bad if you go unnoticed, it's rather normal. College is all in what you make it. Get to know new people, you would be amazed at what you have in common with people you don't know.

The person who is focused and loves to meeet new people. Very oriented and versitile. And a person who is ready to take that step into the rest of their lives.

Jeremiah

I would advice parents and/or students about finding the right college that fits into their budget and a school that has a good college life on campus.

I consider the small size of the school the best because we are able to have a good relationship with our professor.

when I brag about lamar to my friends I tell them that the library and rec centers are good.

Reagan

take tours of the campuses and talk to current students

take tours of the campuses and talk to current students

someone who likes a lot of activities going on with a lot of students

Firstly, I would check to make sure the students choice of a major is offered at the college in which they plan to attend. Not all majors are offered at all colleges. Also see what college offers the most financial aid or scholarship packages. This can be an important step if money is a problem. Though the choice of college shouldnt be solely based on just this it can really help to narrow down the choices. Parents check out the dorms and see if this is somewhere where you would want your student to stay and feel comfortable. Students and Parents make sure to take college tours of the final choices so you can see up close what the facilities look like and also interact with the staff to see if they are friendly and helpful. Ask questions!!!! Students do not be afraid they are their to help you out. And last but certainly not least make sure You Have FUN at whichever college you choose but dont forget the BOOKs must become your first priority! Get involved in organizations, make sure professors know your name, stay on top of your studies and you should be FINE!! =-]

Any person who wants a learning environment that is both beneficial and nice as well. Anyone can attend this college and feel accepted. The quality of education is great! Their is something for everyone at Lamar. The faculty and students work hard to make sure you feel welcome. You learn while also find many fun things to get yourself into. Lamar is just a great place in general. I would encourage anyone to go to this school! GO Cardinals.Were getting a football team back so thats something fun that people will be able to go to and have fun!

The fact that Lamar is the perfect size. The classroom sizes are just right. Not to crowded but not to small either. Your not just a number to your professors they take the time to talk to you when you need it. Also the dorms are really nice, they are newly built and well kept up so you feel right at home. Their is also an all you can eat buffet style dining hall which is also newly built. The campus is kept up real nicely. LU is the place to be. GO CARDS!!!!

letha

Lamar University is a very social place and it needs to work on the finacial aid aspects of it all.

Make sure that you are going to fell comfortable in your University...and that all finacial aid is taken care of before you attend the University.

I think the people at Lamar University are very freindly and they are able to help me with anything.

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.