Beaumont, TX
Lamar University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lamar University

Keenah

I would tell myself to save all the money that I can!!! Also, I would tell myself to practice as many helpful study habits as I can and read to expand my vocabulary and gain knowledge about the subjects i would be taking in college to better understand the classes. Lastly I would tell myself to mentally prepare to do things on my own.

My school is a wonderful institution to attend with small classes and great professors that care about the students.

I brag most about the size of my classes when i tell my friends about my school, because they are small. Also about how big our dorms are.

James

Lamar University is one the largest and fastest growing schools in Texas.

Lamar University is one the largest and fastest growing schools in Texas.

There are two major things I would tell my high school self. One is do not ever procrastinate. When you receive an assignment do it as soon as you can. At first it may seem like you have all the time in the world to accomplish what you need to accomplish, but believe me time flies so fast. Your deadlines will be on you before you know it. The second may sound weird given what I just said, but bear with me. Do not ever stress over what is going on. Overstressing will be your undoing. You will have school, a job, and probably a personal life. Just remember to take your work seriously, complete your assignments quickly devoting the proper time to them, and take a break from time to time. Everybody needs a chill time every now and then. So as long as you are organized you will be fine. Take your school seriously and remember that somebody somewhere is paying for this. So remember to be on top things and to not forget to breath.

I like telling people how well the professors work with me and my work schedule.

Andrew

I'm in a situation where i'm both a high school senior and a college student because i attend an early college high school so I have plenty of advice to give myself all the time. Most importantly, I can't stress enough how seriously you need to take all your college courses. my dad always told me to make the best grades early because classes only get harder. This seriously applies to highschool freshman. From day 1 of your highschool career, your record is permanently etched in stone. ALL grades count toward your findal GPA, which is what is used to determine opportunies for college such as acceptance by colleges and scholarship opportunies. High GPA equals to FREE money. Free money means less stress during your college years. 210-218-2879

Brittney

I haven't really meet any classmates at Lamar with the same major as me. What I can say , is that many of them are from my high school and I knew of them, My roommate is a person I have attend 4 years of medical magnet with. We are intended in the same major and registered for the same classes. We intend to help each other as much as we need. She is the best friend that I need and is very helpful. Blessed to have someone to help me and encourage me.

I would give the advice to myself to take the college life more seriously. I didn' t think that college would be this expensive for me. I end up with all the FASFA that I can recieve and still end up short of $ 2,418 short. Its very serious at this point because my tution has to be paid . Its really a burden on my mother , that is basically a single mother trying to put 2 children through college. My mother still has 2 boys to take care of at home. I hate to have to put this on my mother. I just wish that when I was in high school , I would have taken this college life more serious. It would have helped a lot,

I consider the best thing about my school is the nursing program. I wanted to attend this school because of my past of having cancer and me wanting to help others. Lamar nursing program is one of the best in the state of Texas. Lamar has help many students with the nursing program. I want to be one of the graduates to say that I went to Lamar University and had the best knowledge needed to get to RN. Lamar is a friendly and very fun active school towards students. They help you to fit in and come very comforable.

Olivia

Lamar is home to a very friendly, outgoing, studious, diverse group of people.

Lamar is home to a very friendly, outgoing, studious, diverse group of people.

The reason I chose Lamar over all other schools is because at the time it was the only school in Texas that offered a major in American Sign Language and it is known to be the best in the nation for it's ASL program.

Dear high-school self, Please stop whining about living at home during college. You won’t have to worry about paying for gas, paying for rent, or paying for food because your parents have it covered. You should feel blessed that your parents aren’t going to kick you out into the world right after graduation! You are going to be so thankful for the extra four years you have to figure out who you are and how to take care of yourself that a lot of college students won’t get. Don’t buy books; rent them. I know you like to highlight and annotate what you read, but you will save so much more money this way. Just get a notebook and use colorful sticky notes. Also, don’t get the books until after your first day of class. The book list is usually wrong. The professor will tell you exactly what you need in class. Don’t waste time being lazy; be productive, make friends, learn exciting things, get out of your comfort zone, and understand what you believe. Sincerely, College-self

Margaret

Dear Margaret N., At the ancient age of 38, I may have some pearls of wisdom to offer, if you will listen. Your folks aren't so dumb. Listen to them and register for fall classes. I know, you want to "take a break" from studying and the whole school "thing". Being an 18 year old graduate is an aphrodisiac that tempts you to experience new horizons "your way". Regardless of what you believe , you don't know EVERYTHING. Once you find a job, start getting a paycheck, and feeling like an "adult", you start...paying bills. Yes, those things that mom and dad take care of. Then you get married, have kids, and all of a sudden, your priorities have changed. More important things, like having enough money for groceries, paying medical bills and the mortgage takes your focus off of you and your wants. So, do it now. Don't take a year off. You won't go back. And in 20 years, you'll regret that you didn't. You have a long life to live, and you are going to live with the decisions you make. Make wise ones!!! Best regards, Margaret P.

venkatasairaghunath

its a good college as per my view because of the quality of the education provided by professors such as Dr. kami Miki and Dr j. lawrence osborne in the field of computer science espicially Data minig and computer networks

those who are interested in computer networks and those to students who wanted to pusue their masters with less cost

It is university which provides best faculty for students who are interested in Data minng and computer networks,funding is also available more for the students who get the admission here

Lamar University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.