Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Bible College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lancaster Bible College

ChelaMarie

Professors and advisors that really care and invest in your life.

Professors and advisors that really care and invest in your life.

Enjoy and savor every moment of highschool, good and bad. The memories are precious and can help you in the future.

I wish I had known more about the services on campus.

Tricia

Don't stress about the transition from high school to college. Keep doing what you're doing and try your best; you will succeed. Learning better study habits and making sure you take the time to do all of your homework will assist you more than you think. Pay attention in class and ask questions when you don't understand something. The Professors are really different from those you had in high school. There are many determinants to your final grade so don't freak out if you do bad on one test. You may now have the ability to skip a class if you don't feel like going, but don't do it! They grade you on attendance and participation, so it's really important to keep your priorities straight and attend all classes. Lastly, SAVE YOUR MONEY! Your mom is no longer paying your tuition, you're on your own! Make sure you are responsible with your money and have enough to make monthly payments towards tuition. If you're late, it WILL cost you!

Mark

I would tell myself to do a lot more reading outside of class. This would have been extrememly helpful in preparing for the reading that takes place while at college, especially since I plan to go on to graduate school for a Master's and PhD. Learning to read and comprehend more is probably the most important thing I would tell myself. I would also tell myself to make sure I put time aside for friends. I have always been more academically minded, but wish I would have specifically allotted more time for friends. This would probably mean forcing myself to stop studying all the time, knowing that I would still have plenty of time to prepare for class, quizzes, and tests.

Christians and non-Christians. Especially those interested in learning a lot about Christian community.

Shana

If I could take myself back to high school and give myself some great advice, it would be to enjoy every minute of every day. When you are in high school, it seems as if it will never end. I now know that high school has given me some of my best memories and now wish would have never ended! I can never go back and re-live that experience again. I used to get excited at the thought of being an adult and making my own decisions, but the years you spend as being a carefree teen are drastically less than the ones you spend making your own decisions. Once you become an adult, you have responsibilities, jobs, and less time to spend with friends. You have the decision of what you are going to do with your life, and although these decisions are sometimes exciting to make, you have plenty of time in the future to make them. The time you spend in high school will be some of the most precious years of your life, so make them worth it.

Candice

The song that goes, "I wish that I knew what I know now" came to mind when I read this question! Don't we all wish we could know things ahead of time, and to have the chance to go back and do things over again is something we probably all think about at one time or another in our lives. If I could have the opportunity to offer myself some advice my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to SAVE up my money! Financial issues, I think, are a common cause of college drop outs, and why should people miss out on quality education because of money? Lancaster Bible College does all they can to help us as students get the finance's needed to attend school, but they can only do so much! Otherwise there is nothing because I feel 100% that I made the right school choice, and I feel as though I am learning so much about my major as well as who I am as a person.

Someone looking to make a difference in the lives of those they interact with as well as those around the world. Someone striving for excellence in the name of the Lord.

I can't think of anything extremely frustrating, but I guess the limited amount of practice rooms would be something.

I would have to say that the thing that makes this school unique is the fact that it is a home like environment. If you want to live in a place with love and fellowship then this is the place for you. I choose this school because of the openess and care that all the staff and students have expressed for me here. This school is a close knit family working together to make a difference not only in each and every student but also the world.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice I would tell myself to pay more attention to other people. I would try to focus more on others needs. I would have been more ready for college if I was used to meeting and reaching out to others. Reaching out is a huge focus of this college and I think that it would have just helped me in general. It definitely would have helped me to make friends.

Autumn

There would be so much advice I would've given myself if I could go back in time. But there is only one thing that stays valid in my mind, and worth saying: Stay focused. Staying focused is the main thing you need to do to make the transition from high school to college life a bit easier. If your focus level is elevated, then you will have a better outcome of making it through college in one piece. But if your focus level is altered in any bad way(procrastination, etc.), then college life will be hard. Just as long as you keep the focus and dedication for what you want your career to be outside of college, then you should have nothing to worry about. College life should be a challenge, but at least with a good amount of focus and dedication you will know where you stand on the readiness of yourself in college, and also when you graduate from college.

Shahin

High school students, especially those in their junior and senior years, could use a lot of useful advice regarding college prep. One of the most important things a high school student can do is start applying for scholarships early on. Writing essays and applying for financial aid is no easy feat and it is best if all the monetary issues are taken care of before you enter college. Get your parents involved in the financial aid applications so they can guide you through the process. Also, never underestimate the value of standardized tests, as they can help cut college costs if you get high scores on them. Study for tests such as the SAT®, ACT®, and AP® with your teachers and friends months before the actual test date. Start applying to colleges early, choosing them based on your major and your financial need. There are many colleges out there that are willing to offer big amounts of scholarship money so make your choices wisely after consulting with your parents and your school counselor. The above mentioned tips are provided to help you make the most of your college years and prepare yourself for college successfully!

Kylee

I believe that upon entering college, I had the basic understanding that any new freshman possess when beginning college. I knew that the work load would be harder, but still believed the college experience was going to be full of multiple pleasurable experiences with new friends. Coming to Lancaster Bible College was a mighty stride into the reality of adulthood. It was far more difficult to transition into the college atmosphere than I could have anticipated. The requirement for each class has far exceeded the amount of work I ever imagined. Although college is an amazing growing opportunity in life, it is not as easy as I expected it would be. If I had the chance to go back to myself just a few years ago, I would warn myself of the challenging work ahead, motivating myself to begin building effective study skills and working hard in high school. That way I would be more prepared for the new stage of life called college. Although a wonderful experience, I do wish that I had been better equipped for this experience.

In developing a truthful response to the question, I must admit that the worst aspect of Lancaster Bible College pertains to the cost. Tuition cost commonly presents difficulty for students attending any university, and LBC is no exception. However, unlike most colleges, LBC does work hard to grant students with as many scholarships that they may be eligible for. Through alumni support, tuition is reduced for many students. Nevertheless, it is still a huge hurdle for students, including myself, to overcome.

I don’t believe that LBC limits any prospective student interested in the possibility of attending. However, if any probable student looks to attend LBC, he or she first needs to possess a personal relationship with God. Any potential Lancaster Bible College student should be looking for not only an education that will lead to future success; he or she needs to possess a longing to further their knowledge and relationship with the Lord. Building that firm biblical worldview on which students can go out into the world and be successful is the goal of the staff at LBC.

Chris

Friendly and willing to help out when you don't understand and take notes for you.

Plan ahead. Picking a college can be a very tough decision, but most times if you just plan ahead and think about what you want to do, you will make it much easier on yourself. I thought ahead and I realized what I wanted to do with my life. When you figure out what you want to do, then you are able to think logically through which college would be the best choice. Also planning ahead will allow you to save the money that you need to. I was told so many times to save money, but yet I never listened and now I realize what a mistake that was. You can never say enough money for college because it is very expensive. So just think ahead, take the time to just think about what your future life is going to look like and try to plan it out. It will not always go the way that you want, but it will help.

The internet is terrible and fails on you most times.

Lancaster Bible College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.