Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Bible College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lancaster Bible College

Jennilea

My school is friendly, fun, instructional, God filled, and amazing.

My school is friendly, fun, instructional, God filled, and amazing.

I know you are ready to leave home and spread your wings, but treasure the time you have now. Know that in a year, life is going to change dramatically. You aren't going to be able to be Mommy's little girl anymore. You aren't going to be able to hang out with your old friends anymore, and you might not even stay friends with them. Life is going to go on at home while you are suspended in between the future and the past at college. You are going to miss your family, friends and the comfort of living at home. So treasure the moment, it's never going to come back. But don't be afraid of the future. You are going to make new friends, you can still call home, and you will have some great experiences. You'll grow and learn and find a new comfort zone. You'll always know that there are people at home loving you and praying for you. And you get to look forward to getting care packages. So to sum up my advice: treasure your time at home, but don't be afraid to fly.

The best thing about my school is the community. Everyone is so friendly, the faculty really cares about you and you have this sense that you are all part of something bigger, together. The college emphasizes growing together as Christians. They strive to teach, train and guide you into a closer walk with God. When you go to LBC, you know you are going to walk away changed.

Christina

As a high school senior I had this grand idea of what college life would be like and that once I got there everything would just fall into place. Unfortunately, life is never like that and I had a rough freshman year entering into college because life came at me full force. I would sit down with my high school self and say something like this, "Christina, I know that you have this wonderful idea of what college is going to be like and everything will change once you get there but that is sadly not how it works. While you are still at home you should really begin practicing good financial habits, investing into a savings account, working a real job, and becoming more serious about your studies. In regards to friends, don't try to hard, if it is meant to be then it will fall into place, but never change who you are and what you stand for to gain a friendship. Always take time for people because they matter more than anything else. And finally, get on track with the Lord now and make sure you enter into college with Him on Your side not against.

Unfortunately the student body at this school has a tendancy to remain within itself and not branch out as much as it could. I desire to see our student body become even more actively involved in the community around us, especially in the city. There is a lacking passion for reaching outside the borders of our college campus and this is something that is untentional but is being realized by many. There is a slow process beginning where I can see the students finding new ways to branch out.

Anyone who has a heart for the Lord and wants to recieve an education that will both prepare them academically for their field while also instilling a solid Biblical foundation for their faith then this is the College for them to attend. There should be a desire to gain academic knowledge in the context of a Biblical setting as the Bible will be used in most classes and is the focal point of the learning here at Lancaster Bible College.

Alex

The worst thing about my school would have to be the temptation to stay up too late. There are many activities to do late night, which is not always a good thing, because of the peer pressure to hang out.

The best thing about my school is the encouragement I receive from fellow students as well as staff members. College can be a place where people could definitely lose the motivation to study and get good grades, but here there is an equal balance between the college life and being studious. It is a place where you feel the desire to have a solid future.

Brooke

My classmates are really involved in class and when a topic is brought up in class, it can really be expanded on by somebody's thoughts that haven't been dabbled in before.

After knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be this: embrace change! I was nervous to go out of state to college and I don't adjust to change well. I thought I enjoyed my current lifestyle and did not want to deal with the unknown. But after coming to LBC, it has really opened my eyes to all that I can do and has pushed me out of my comfort zone. I have had great opportunities I would have never experienced!

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that is not interested in the things of God or someone that does not want to have to deal with a strong community of friendship.

I would tell myself to take take high school more seriously. If I would of taken high school more serious then I would have had a higher GPA and higher SAT scores. Then opening more oppurtunities to earn grants and scholarships. It would then also prepare myself for the school work in college. Achieving the skills earlier in my school career rather than finding them out as you are going through college.

My classmates are very friendly, onfire for God, and passionate about making strong relationships.

The atmosphere is very communital. The relationships you make are not within a certain group of people but you come in contact with others outside of you "click." Also, you can see God working through others and see how they are living their life for Him.

If I were to give myself advice when I was a senior in High School, I would tell myself not to worry so much about where I was going to college. I would say that everything will fall into place and after applying for college, to have some fun and not worry about the results at that point in time. Another thing I would tell myself is to enjoy those last years of High School. It may seem like a lot of work in the moment, but enjoy the time with friends and family. Lastly, I would tell myself to save my money!!! Build an emergency fund for whenever things go wrong, a savings account for college, a saving account for toiletries and odds and ends, and most importantly, come up with a budget!!! Budgeting would have helped me out alot if only I had started back in High School.

Lancaster Bible College is best known for its Christ-centered environment. This school is very accepting and inclusive to all people no matter where you may be in life.

Although LBC is an excellent school, the worst thing is that they do not have a wide variety of degrees or classes.

Kacie

I liked that LBC was close to family, and I really like Lancaster.

I liked that LBC was close to family, and I really like Lancaster.

I would tell myself to relax. College will be fun! Of course it's not easy, but don't freak yourself out. Learn to prioritize and practice good study habits now! The good times definitely outway the study time (even if they are simultaneous).

I love the community at Lancaster Bible College! It is a small school, and I know most people around, and everyone sincerely cares about each other. The teachers really invest in your life and the classes are actually enjoyable. I love my living situation as well! The dorm is set up really nicely. I live in a suite and only have to share a bathroom with 3 other girls! We have a TON of storage space for whatever you need to bring.

In my four years of high school I attended five different schools, so when I made it to public school my junior year friends were not a big priority. I had a great group of friends my junior year, but during senior year we fell apart. If I were able to go back to that year, I would make sure to do everything possible to keep my group of friends together. Allowing it to all crumble has made me rely on myself and not feel a need to be intentional about friendships, which has often left me alone. Do not get me wrong, I have great roommates and friends at LBC, but they deserve more effort from me. Another piece of advice I would take back to high school is the benefit of being involved in extracurricular activities. I was involved in FCA, but that was my only activity outside of normal classes. I now whish that I had ventured out of my comfort zone into areas that would have given me opportunities to learn and grow. Seeing both of my brothers be involved in band, choir, and soccer makes me with I would have had the courage they do.

My school is a place of great community with wonderful professors and staff who genuinely care about students. The classes can be rough, so much can be learned. There are a veriety of majors to choose from both in and out of ministry, but all equip you for work in ministry.

I think the worst thing is the expense. I know a lot of students are able to get most of their tuition paid for, but because of my parent's income I an not getting enough from FAFSA and did not quite having enough to make ends meet without a loan.

Lancaster Bible College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.