Greenwood, SC
Lander University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lander University

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self I would tell myself to take more chances in college early on. As a upcoming senior I have realized that I'm not so involved as I should be. I was so focused on my academics that I forgot to have things to do in my spare time. So when I'm asked to fill out my extracurricular activities I have nothing to write down. All during high school I played sports, I was never really into organizations. Although now that I've been in college I don't play sports, and I realized I should have gotten more involved with organizations so that I could connect to many other students as well. So my advice to myself would be to not be scared to take more chances, and get involved with more things that your college offers you especially because it seems your college years go by so fast. So enjoy the moments.

People who attend this school should prefer smaller more interactive classes. Lander provides a tight knight campus. Most people enjoy the smaller campus, because it allows us to get closer with our professors and other students. Also they're are numerous organizations and sororities for people to get involved in, so it's definitely for people who like to be a part of things.

My school is best known for the small campus that allows students to get close to their professors.

Joshua

I am a decade older than you now. As many times as I’ve wished for the opportunity to go back and start over, the wisdom of my years has taught me a very valuable lesson. Looking back now, I would not change a thing. So I will tell you this… You will make mistakes. A lot of mistakes. Your life will not be easy, and failure will become as familiar to you as your mother’s voice. You will get into trouble and try things you shouldn’t. You will love and you will lose. You will drop out, and you will feel hopeless and lost. But in the end, you will find yourself. Your life will be that of struggle, but you will overcome those obstacles. You will learn from all the mistakes and failures, and you will come out stronger, smarter, and with an iron resolve to achieve your dreams and meet your goals. And you will. You will defy the odds. And on that day when you finally get your degree, the very moment will resound from your being as a chest-pounding affirmation of human triumph and will. Because you knew you could do it.

Lander University has both an excellent nursing program and business school. This success, however, comes at the cost of redistributing the budget away from other departments, such as humanities. If you wish to study liberal arts, English, theater, or journalis, this is not your school. But if your heart is set on a nursing degree or an educational boost for your business career, this is the school for you.

Yasmine

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to learn to do things on time, it makes keeping grades up very easy because these are more points that can be added to the final grade in the class. I would also tell myself to stay focus because it is not hard to get caught up in the college life. With so much freedom and indepence it became harder and harder to remember the reasons that I came to school, but I found myself just in time.

The best thing about Lander is that the classes are small.This means that you can get to know your professor on a personal level.

The most frustrating thing about Lander is that you have to walk a little far to get to your classes.

Jamie

The class size is the best thing it helps me to get to know my professor. Also at this school you're not just a number in a class which I really like.

I would twell my past self to try harder in my studies. Also I would tell myself not to sweat the small stuff thats going to happen in the coming years. And also tell myself that this is going to be my job and I need take it serious for going to school will be my job.

Any kind of person who takes higher learing serious. And one who wants smaller class sizes.

kyle

Hey Kyle, This is your 24 year old self. "Why am I trying to talk to you right now", I'm sure you're wondering. Well, Kyle the reason for this letter is to let you know that if only you had gone to College right after high school, you wouldn't be in the position that I'm in. Or is it "were" in, or even "you're" in? Don't mind that. I know there's not much appeal by continuing school after you just went through 12 years of it, but TRUST me, get it over with, Kyle. Waiting until you're 24 will make life a lot harder. Sure you'll buy your first house at 22. However, watching your classmates graduate and start their families and careers won't help your outlook on life or your progression. Just get it over with, you'll thank me later, and hopefully I can thank you/me/us when you're through with College at 24, not starting at 24. Also, one last thing, buy stock in Google and Apple before you're 18. You're Welcome. Sincerly, Your future self.

Christopher

I would tell myself to never give up and finish your work. You will love college but get the most out of high school as much as you can because you cant go back. No excuses, Live for today not for tommorow.

Shareese

Shareese, the college life is very stressful. I know it's your last year and you want to have fun and it is nothing wrong with that. Just remember your about to graduate soon. All the cost of the books, tuition, dorm, and meals may overwhelm you so try to get a summer job if you can. There will be time you will feel like giving up but you have to pull through and know better days will come. Also, there is so much work and teachers do not care that they have put assignments on the same day as other teachers so you have to work hard and get things done. Another thing, this is major. The partying and friend will get you and your grades in trouble. Stay clear of them as much as possible because believe me, you will not study for a test when you get back at 1 or 2 in the morning. Take your time and think things through and I promise you will come out on top.

Tiffney

Dear Tiffney, I hope you are enjoying your senior year of high school. I am so proud of you for accomplishing so much throughout the years up to this point. You have so much to be proud of with your 3.5 GPA, involvement with Student Government Association, being in the Latin Dance Club and double majoring in Performing Arts and Journalism. While some are so eager to get high school over with, you always had a positive outlook and always found something new to be apart of. I wanted to let you know that you are about to step into the next phase of your life. College is a completely different ball field, a new place, new people and new adventures. You have to stay totally focused when it comes to your academics because college will challenge to help you achieve the knowledge you need for the future. This is a sense of what the real world is like, so don’t be afraid to join organizations and experience what college has to offer. I really want you to live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of it. I wish you the best and much success!

My classmates are diverse and unique.

A person who isn't serious nor driven about school.

Lander Univerisity is a small, quiet campus that makes you feel at home.

Lander Univerisity is a small, quiet campus that makes you feel at home.

Back in time I would tell myself as a high school senior, not to freak out about scholarships. During the course of my first year of college, I constantly told myself that I going to fail and lose all my scholarships by the end of the year. When test scores and homework assignment grades started coming in and not being all that great, I got more stressed out and began missing assignments. I would tell myself that I would do better the next time but, I still wasn’t doing well. I played it off by pretending I didn’t care and that it doesn’t matter. By the end of the year, I had really lost all my scholarships. Back in time I would tell myself to find some way, any way to get all studying and homework done in the library. I have found that studying in the dorm room can bring about numerous distractions and increase procrastination. For a long time I have always hated writing papers. Whenever I got stuck, I would find something else to do or push it back to the next day until it’s a day before it’s due.

A person who wants to succeed and can handle being in a place with little to do off campus and can make friends easy.

Marcus

The one problem that I have had was attempting to study for tests while dealing with roommates that didn't take their work seriously like partying, coming back drunk with their friends, and playing video games all night.

If you are the kind of person that likes to get in trouble (such as fighting, drinking/smoking on campus) or the kind of person that does not like to go to class, or just an unfriendly person, this school is not the place for you. This one of the few safest schools in the state, with cops on the clock; if you miss classes, it might be the worst thing because most of the professors are very strict on attendance and when it comes down to college students, almost everyone is very friendly.

Lander University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.