Greenwood, SC
Lander University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lander University

Melissa

Lander University is a geat school to attend if you want great professors, a small homey enviroment and a large ethnic variet...

Lander University is a geat school to attend if you want great professors, a small homey enviroment and a large ethnic variety.

I wish I would have known that the town was so small because there isn't much to do without having to travel to another toen.

tabia

Assuming I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, right away I would tell myself to not take any breaks from going to school. Do not say to you “I will take a short break from going to school and go back later”. Knowing what I know now that would be the best advice I give then self. I guess you can tell I ended up taking a break from school after getting my AA. I do wish I would have just continued my education. Procrastination only leads to more procrastination. I am still needing to peruse my bachelors when I could have years ago.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school, I’d first tell myself to sit down and really think about what I want to go to college and major in, and not choose my major because of pride or stubbornness, but to choose something that’s truly fulfilling, and will make me happy. I would tell myself to not be so hard on myself, that college is difficult, and sometimes I will excel in some classes better than others, and just because I didn’t make an A in a class, I fought for it, I tried my hardest, and a B doesn’t make me any less intelligent. Last, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, because my parents aren’t going to be able to help, that paying for college on your own is hard, and it’s even harder to work during nursing school. Although I’ve learned many lessons in college, I can’t go back and change the past, but I apply these lessons to the present so I can have a successful college future.

Brooke

Beautiful campus, everybody is really nice. All the professors here are very helpful. They encourage you to ask questions and get help when you need it. If you are unsure of anything you can ask anybody. If you are having trouble in a class, free tutoring is offered.There are fun things to do both day and night provided by the University. It is small so people get to know each other quickly. A very encouraging school, and I love it here.

I would tell myself that I need to focus on school and studying. Friends and fun can come later on. I would have applied myself more to my school work to boost my GPA up, because the higher the better. I would study for everything with all the time it took to memorize the material. I would have listened to my parents about doing the very best that I could. They knew what I was capable of. They want nothing but the best for me and to watch me succeed in life by following my dreams.

Anybody with a positive attitude, likes to have fun, get involved and meet great new people. Many different classes are offered. Classes are kept to a minimum so there is help if it is need. Everybody is known by their name and not a number.

Jzmayca

My school is full of nice, loving and kind faculity.

My school is full of nice, loving and kind faculity.

I would say to take the SAT and ACT more serious and fill out as much scholarships as I can.

the size of the school and the wonderful teachers.

Dayna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not be so stuck on having a social life but more focused on making the Dean's List. Not having much of a social life my senior year, I would tell myself that it's okay and that time for fun and partying will always be there but receiving an education is very limited especially with how the economy is today. I would also tell myself to be mindful of the people I hang around and remember what my father always told me, " everyone who smiles in your face, is not your friend." The last piece of advice I would give myself would be to limit my distractions and always keep my eyes on the prize, which is my Bachelor's Degree.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school or any college or university is one who doesn't strive for greatness. If they wish not to put forth any effort in obtaining a degree there is no sense in attending.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be financial aid. The timing is so behind.

Royce

Thus far in my college experience, one thing that I have gotten out that I cherish above all is my new skill of problem solving. Growing up, I was'nt big on solving my own problems. I would always seem to count on receiving a free pass or someone else doing my job for me. I pretty much was spoiled throughout my years of education and once I arrived in college, everything changed up real fast. My first semester, I am almost certain that none of my professors knew my name and that was no ones fault but myself. I realized after failing miserably in two of my courses that it is no longer the teachers job to know their students hence, it was time for me to grow up and go do things myself. I had to go find teachers during their office hours and get to know them. I also had to put forth many more hours in the library than I ever had prior to. My college experience has done well by me and I am just greatful that God gave me the strength to make it this far because not many can endure the task.

Marieum

I attended Lander's online program and it was great and unique. I could go to school and take care of my two children and my husband and that was very important to me. So going to school while at home was a key factor in which school I chose and also it was an instate school with a great reputation as well.

I have gotten a new and improved sense of self out of college. I first went to college in 1994 and everything was written or typed and handed into the professors, however now things are totally different. I love the fact that now it is 2011 and I am back in college however this time I am downloading, uploading and emailing assignments. I am by no means an old person but if you look at it I have been in school a long time and just for me to be able to adapt and learn and transform myself I am truly proud of what I am able to do and it is because of my college experience that I have been able to do all or these things.

I had planned to continue my education by going to college, not knowing what was going to happen or if i was prepared. When i first got here I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into. Like many freshman college students I was just a little bit terrified. I thought that it was going to be survival of the fittest and I wouldn't last. I was definitely wrong. Coming out of high school I was always a hardworking student and always tried my hardest so when I got here, even though I wasn't that confident, I was already prepared. Thanks to my great teachers at my high school, I am doing just fine here at college. I feel like I fit right in. All i had to do was continue to work hard and do what I'm supposed to do. College is only hard if you make it hard.

Personally, I think if you are going to attend college period, you need to be willing to work hard. Nothing in life is easy breazy so if you plan on going to college you have to be a hardworker.

If anything, I talk about how generous and helpful my professors. If I ever feel like I am struggling and need help with something, I always have someone to talk to for help.

Jasmine

I would say they are best known for their history and the man behind the creation of what is now Lander Univeristy and their expansion since then.

How involed and upfront the staff are with students and their unwillingness to give up any cause that may aid a student. The interactiveness of former and current students and their hand in helping along the next generation of alumni.

Rather than my childhood coming to an end, I feel as though I have evoled. That I have undergone a metamorphosis of sorts in order to cope with the life of the college student. I feel that I have accomplished something to be proud of, to treasure for as long as I am striving for something. It is a steep incline to travel and an even longer path to tread, but I feel it is worth it and will make a great difference in surviving this world. No longer can a high school diploma keep you in substantial living; now we musst go farther, push harder, and dream bigger than the average vision. The world is ever evolving and changing and we must evolve along with it; for time waits on no man. I have a plan for my life; places I want to be and goals I'm hungry to reach. College will prepare me for the adult world and the rigors that come along with it. In time I will be ready and the world will be place in my hands.

Lander University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.